Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Filmmaking Thread

Go down 
+2
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 6:18 am

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/7-modern-directors-and-their-distinctive-visual-styles.html/?a=viewall

Pretty cool piece, to say the least. 

However, I would probably put Tarantino above Russel, and Scorsese - As much as it pains me to say - lower on the list.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 am

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/7-modern-directors-and-their-distinctive-visual-styles.html/?a=viewall

However, I would probably put Tarantino above Russel, and Scorsese - As much as it pains me to say - lower on the list.
The list wasn't ranked. Though I do agree that Scorsese's visual style isn't as distinct as the others mentioned, that's actually a good thing. Scorsese is one of the most versatile directors working today. He's chameleonic, and while you can always sense his presence, he never overwhelms the project with his own style.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

The list wasn't ranked. Though I do agree that Scorsese's visual style isn't as distinct as the others mentioned, that's actually a good thing. Scorsese is one of the most versatile directors working today. He's chameleonic, and while you can always sense his presence, he never overwhelms the project with his own style.

Yeah, I agree. 

Scorsese might not have his own unique visual style, but his unique, energetic and lively film-style definitely trumps other american directors. 

And like you said: he's one of the most versatile directors whom doesn't want to repeat himself. Something you can only commend him for.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:41 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:42 pm

I found this website where you can write screenplays. http://www.trelby.org/

Anyway, I have a little question for you all. There are two scripts, two of the best scripts ever written in the history of cinema, if you gave one script to Zack Snyder and the other script to Michael Bay who would make the better movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Zack Snyder obviously. Say what you will about him, but at least his films are more consistent and respectful to the source material.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:38 pm

yonny616 wrote:

Anyway, I have a little question for you all. There are two scripts, two of the best scripts ever written in the history of cinema, if you gave one script to Zack Snyder and the other script to Michael Bay who would make the better movie.

I'd recommend getting Final Draft instead. If you can't afford it, then the free Celtx is viewed as the next-best, and most industry-used after Final Draft. 

Anything else is just not cutting it as much.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Nice! Thanks, I'll probably use Celtx since I have no income at the moment.

Also answer the question.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:08 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

I'd recommend getting Final Draft instead. If you can't afford it, then the free Celtx is viewed as the next-best, and most industry-used after Final Draft. 

Final Draft is sooooooooo useful. I can't even imagine writing my screenplay(s) without it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:23 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Final Draft is sooooooooo useful. I can't even imagine writing my screenplay(s) without it.

Same here. :) I even wrote my first feature-length script with it. Can't imagine the horrors of not having that writing software. Razz

BTW, I didn't know you wrote scripts? What happened to being a film critic?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Same here. :) I even wrote my first feature-length script with it. Can't imagine the horrors of not having that writing software. Razz

François Truffaut was a critic and a filmmaker. I love you
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 Your-mother-must-be-so-proud-thumb
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 Your-mother-must-be-so-proud-thumb
That's the plan. That was always the plan.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:30 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/gJjv2

This is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 am

yonny616 wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/gJjv2

This is pretty cool.

A lot of people know Blake Snyder...

Also, like someone said in the comments: Snyder didn't invent those techniques; he merely adviced them upon new screenwriters/filmmakers.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:04 pm

A great film, and a skilled director (From what I've seen from him)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 9:37 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Filmmaking Thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next