Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Official The Last of Us Thread

Go down 
+10
CernaMLD
Gutzahn
2Sugoi2Die
thebigmike1983
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
Orion
Bluenose
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official The Last of Us Thread Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Official The Last of Us Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 am

http://n4g.com/news/1269889/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-details-leaked

Quote :
tonitorsi: "When Naughty Dog said they were set to change this industry with The God Of Us, they weren't joking.

The Multiplayer is actually looking like one of the best ones ever conceived. Its completely different and unique.

Here are the first bits I got of the code to get a concensus of what ND is trying to emulate"

Everything The Last of Us goes here. That means Reviews, spoilers, announcements, gameplay, etc.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official The Last of Us Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 am

I MIGHT buy it. It depends though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:49 am

Mecha wrote:

Why wouldn't you buy it? Not into what it looks like, or?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Why wouldn't you buy it? Not into what it looks like, or?

To be honest, I really haven't had the time for gaming. Too focus on other things in my life right now. Plus my PS3 is still broke and I don't have enough money to spend that much. I mean I do, but there's other things I have to pay right now.

But things should change by the time PS4 comes out. As long as Sony doesn't make the same mistake like they did with PS3 launch. Official The Last of Us Thread 21888
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:50 pm

I already have money reserved for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 am

http://n4g.com/news/1271056/edge-magazine-gives-the-last-of-us-10-10

Quote :
Naughty Dog's The Last of Us seems to be a hit with critics according to reviews which are starting to appear. Although the embargo doesn't break fully until tomorrow (when you'll be able to read our own review), scores are already looking good.

First up to review the game was Empire magazine, which called the title "a masterpiece," scoring it 5/5 in its overall summary. Next up was the Official PlayStation Magazine, which again offered up a perfect score. Perhaps the biggest surprise though is the latest score, which comes via a pre-roll advert from Edge Magazine, with the score being revealed as 10/10, making it only the 15th game in the magazines history to get full marks.

As we say, our review will arrive tomorrow once the embargo ends. But it's fair to say that you probably won't be disappointed.

Holy-Mother-Of-Christ! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 am

Maybe I will by the game after all.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official The Last of Us Thread TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 am

Ok I may buy this pre owned after buying the 15 Graphic Novels I want.
Also the Last Of Us comic has gotten pretty good reviews -
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/the-last-of-us-american-dreams-2-review
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 am

Hopefully, it's faithful to the video game.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am

Does this have an online pass?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: The Last Of Us Multiplayer details leaked (Free-roam, Classes?)   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Rob Lucci wrote:
Official The Last of Us Thread The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer
Quote :
When Naughty Dog said they were set to change this industry with The God Of Us, they weren't joking.

MP Code leaked

The Multiplayer is actually looking like one pf the best ones ever conceived. Its completely different and unique.

Here are the first bits I got of the code to get a concensus of what ND is trying to emulate;

Multiplayer Leak wrote:

"SURVIVE 12 WEEKS"
"A small group of Infected have been spotted heading in our direction. Improve the training of the clan to fight off the Infected and attract new members."

"You gained [A] clan members by fighting off the Infected attack."

"You were able to partially improve the training of your clan. You gained some clan members by fighting off the attack.

"You were able to dramatically improve the training of your clan before the Infected attacked. As a result, you gained the maximum new clan members. Marauders have been raiding camps in the area. Improve the training of the group to fight off the Marauders and attract new members."

Overall Summary of the Multiplayer Leak:

- New feature called "Clans"

- The clan-based system and recruiting is essential to survive hordes of infected (possibly AI or player based clans)

- Possibly free-roam / Big open maps

- You can Craft weapons / Items in Multiplayer from all the supplies you gather

- The Multiplayer has certain random events (sort of like RDR) that happen in your playthrough. Some of which can threaten or help your clan

- The Multiplayer has mini-missions structured for you like surviving a certain amount of time, etc

- You can train Clan members (in what way, its still not clear)

- Depending on how well you train your clan members, you can do rescue missions to free hostages taken during the outbreak

- You'll need to gather supplies to survive (your clan can gather supplies too to be well equipped)

- You can aquire medicines / antibiotics from looting dead bodies throughout your playthrough

- You have 3 matches to complete a Mission (how this works its still unclear)

- Uncharted 3-like, Loadouts makes a comback

- Character Customization possibly back too

- list of usable items for crafting/weapons for MP (This is a bit Spoiler-ish, so be carefull)

***SPOILER***
- Crouching makes you more accurate by reducing weapon sway

- Mission performance determines how many people you gain or lose

- Mission performance also determines how many One-Use Boosters you earn

- You can spawn next to your teammates

- Boosters are back from UC3, but completeely redesigned and works in a colossaly different way (non-spammable and some are one-time use)

- There might be certain parts of the maps that are contaminated with viruses, you'll need to search/loot for masks or risk getting infected

- Your teammates / Clan members can get infected

-TLDR

Basically, you are in this possibly huge/ free-roam map, filled with hordes of infected. You set camp around the map with clan members (basically spawn points). In this map, exists various multiplayer Missions that you can tackle of which will reward you and your teammates greatly. The world is always active, so you have to do your best to get well equipped by looting everything you can find, and crafting the best weapons to prepare for Clickers/Runners invasions.

Ammo is limited and stealth is the prime focus.

Its sort of like a team-oriented, Resident Evil Outbreak hybrid Multiplayer with stealth/survival elements. Ultimately trying to recreate a Walking Dead atmosphere in terms of tension and immersion.

Its a refreshing take on Multiplayer games
SOURCE: Gamespot
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Sounds epic.

Basically, CODfags will not me gusta this. Possibly a multiplayer game free from them. :yey:
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I bet you it's the storyline and dialogue that really puts this game on top.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm

so kind of like team vs team survival?

wonder how long those matches will be.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Official The Last of Us Thread 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Merged into the Official Last of Us thread

And new Multiplayer Trailer

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Shit, I may almost consider almost going to the shop to actually look at the gam and think 30 mins and then maybe buy it. Or buy some Flash comics. Probably the latter.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:08 am

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:01 pm

7:22 long review.

10/10 score.

You know this game is going to be fucking amazing.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm

meh
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I hate the Naughty Dog hype train. I'd feel much better about their games if reviewers stopped kissing their asses all the time.

I'm not even talking about review scores. I've read a lot of them and most don't even mention any flaws. These shitty reviews only serve to set people up for disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:02 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
I hate the Naughty Dog hype train. I'd feel much better about their games if reviewers stopped kissing their asses all the time.

I'm not even talking about review scores. I've read a lot of them and most don't even mention any flaws. These shitty reviews only serve to set people up for disappointment.

Official The Last of Us Thread Christ10
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:04 pm

When COD reviews seem more modest then you know there's a problem.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:10 pm

But maybe it's just THAT good.

You do have a point that it might ultimately put our expectations so high that we feel dissapointed with the actual game. But we won't really be dissapointed, we'll still love it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Teckno wrote:

You do have a point that it might ultimately put our expectations so high that we feel dissapointed with the actual game. But we won't really be dissapointed, we'll still love it.

It's being called gaming's Citizen Kane...Yes I'm going to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Official The Last of Us Thread 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

It's being called gaming's Citizen Kane...Yes I'm going to be disappointed.

Where is it being called that?

And why the hell would you believe such a stupid statement like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official The Last of Us Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next