Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Filmmaking Thread

Go down 
+2
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Batman is such a prankster. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Batprank.

itz funy cuz hiz naem iz bat and hiz pranQ sux lololololol
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:28 pm

"Leonardo DiCaprio looks like a girl." - Marlon Brando
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Stop going off-topic, Mecha. Don't ruin my thread!  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Film Riot is DA JIZZ
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:58 pm

This is how Rambo will direct in the future. Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345
Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 B2NYhiY
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:28 pm

yonny616 wrote:
This is how Rambo will direct in the future. Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345
Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 B2NYhiY

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 5172847fbb49535e849f907e458b00072cc6ae78f07e6eba6368535af487d4bd
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Today the demolishment of my childhood cinema [Studio 28] began. Sad

It was the first mageplex and once largest theater in the world. It also set an attendance record of 16,000 customers in a single day, that record still hasn't been broken.

Memories. Childhood. The last film I saw there was The Dark Knight so it at least went out with a bang for me. Theater 1 was this really fancy looking auditorium that didn't have the usual stadium type seating and this curved screen. So beautiful. 😢

Here's some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/twistr54/sets/72157609835390572/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Today the demolishment of my childhood cinema [Studio 28] began. Sad

It was the first mageplex and once largest theater in the world. It also set an attendance record of 16,000 customers in a single day, that record still hasn't been broken.

Memories. Childhood. The last film I saw there was The Dark Knight so it at least went out with a bang for me. Theater 1 was this really fancy looking auditorium that didn't have the usual stadium type seating and this curved screen. So beautiful. 😢

Here's some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/twistr54/sets/72157609835390572/

That's really bummered, Yonny. Sad 

I can't say I can relate completely, though, 'cause my childhood Cinema is still around. :)

Then again, I think the biggest reason is that it's also one of the most known and successful Cinemas in Denmark, anyway. 

That said, I'd hate it if they were to remove it Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 21888
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:51 pm

@Rambo Yeah it sucks ass. The reason the theater closed down is because they opened more theaters which people decided to go to instead since Studio 28 was around the "wannabe gangsters" community. It drove people away.  Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 21888 

Anyway's on-topic:

Never knew that, but is "widescreen" still needed? I mean Avengers and Pacific Rim seem fine without it now since HD and all that.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:45 pm

@Yonny

Well, there are arguments for both sides to this. To me, however, Widescreen is not just needed; it's a necessity. 

Yes, there are films out there that CAN benifit without it, but widescreen allows for a more cohesive and immersive experience overall. 

You have to remember that widescreen is more than just what is presented to you. It's also impacting your mood and emotions within the scenes themselves. 

Take, for example, any modern classic that was in about a 2:35 aspect ratio, and now give it a 1:33:1 ratio - What do you get? That is the power of widescreen in film and cinema itself.

You could go even further and take the IMAX ratio that is 1:43:1 and then give it the same 1:33:1 ratio as well. But, yet again, what do you get? 

Widescreen is probably one of the biggest key factors to why watching a film in Cinema feels the way that it does.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:43 am

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 5:30 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 am

BTW, Yonny, how's your screenwriting doing?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 pm

I do somewriting there and then, but I'm not really focusing on it since I have some essays to do for school. Still haven't done them. Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I do somewriting there and then, but I'm not really focusing on it since I have some essays to do for school. Still haven't done them. Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345

I know how you feel.

Back in school, I always used excuses for why I wouldn't do any homework, and when I had only one day left, I'd complain about the unfair time limit I had to make it.  Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345 Yeah, I just don't do my homework. When they ask for it I just tell them they never taught me this. Razz

So did you ever get your lens?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 7:00 am

I did. :)

However, now I have to worry about supplying food and transportation to 3 people for 2 full days. 

That, and I also have to rent a location that's going to cost me about 50$ more than my entire equipment gear. Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 21888
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 am

Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 725796345 Poor Rambo. Is it something for school or you just want to do something?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:10 am

Just a smaller project that I'm going to post online and submit to several festivals early next year.

Hoping to shoot it in June, but it depends if I get any budget problems.  :x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Filmmaking Thread   Official Filmmaking Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Filmmaking Thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next