Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
Angelus
Mecha
yonny616
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 10:36 pm

The problems I have with Gotham has nothing to do with not being faithful to the source material. However, I don't like how everyone else is older than Bruce Wayne though. That, and giving The Joker an origin story.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Teckno wrote:
lol probably cause comic fans are so uptight about everything being true to the comics. Sometimes you got to let creators have liberty so they can do a really great reimagining. As long as it's nothing to drastic, there is no reason to raise pitchforks and riot.

The only thing that annoys me is that Penguin doesn't have a British accent, but I'm getting over it.
Finally someone else who gets it. Re-imaginings and re-inventions of the Batman mythology has been the reason why the character has lasted this long.

The accent I believe has only been a recent thing since the Arkham games.

Mecha wrote:
The problems I have with Gotham has nothing to do with not being faithful to the source material. However, I don't like how everyone else is older than Bruce Wayne though. That, and giving The Joker an origin story.
Oh no! Three villains decade or so older than 13 y/o Bruce! And the heresy of giving Joker an origin in a non-canon show. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:44 pm

@yonny616 Yes, but there's a certain show that explores the origins of a villain, while also keeping it very vague. That's how it should be done.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Yes, but there's a certain show that explores the origins of a villain, while also keeping it very vague. That's how it should be done.
No, how it "should be done" is good, which Gotham did.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 9:40 pm

That episode though! dood!

Just give me all the scenes with Jerome! Give 'em to me!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Wow they really found an actor that has nailed Joker. (If he is Joker, cause they are being rather weird about declaring him to be Joker")

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 1:07 am

Teckno wrote:
Wow they really found an actor that has nailed Joker. (If he is Joker, cause they are being rather weird about declaring him to be Joker")

Kinda hard to declare a character that has no official identities other than The Joker. I mean, The Joker has no official origins and this was before he became the Clown Prince of Crime that we all know and love. So it's really difficult to know for sure, other than the sadistic laugh.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Also, I think the problem with what Gotham is doing with Joker is that he seems way to well established into his character already. I mean if this is him when he is younger, not sure how people don't realize that he is Joker when he grows up considering how similar they are.

Guessing Gotham might go for a Joker with a name identity that is known.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 7:05 pm

I like how they are not revealing that he is The Joker right away. They did something similar with Hannibal by keeping Hannibal Lecter's origins very vague. I know I talk about Hannibal a lot, but both him and The Joker are comparable since both villains have no official origins.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 8:51 pm

WTF JUST HAPPENED
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Yonny talk me through this....

I need therapy...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 pm

WHOA! That's really weird.
I actually predicted this morning that was going to happen to The Joker Jerome Valeska. ._.
Guess the jokes on Teckno.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 11:51 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
No, how it "should be done" is good, which Gotham did.

I'm glad that you finally agree. Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Teckno wrote:
Yonny talk me through this....

I need therapy...
Oh you're caught up in season 2?

Well this episode was just.... Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 1411946719

I didn't see that coming at all, let alone this early into the season. The EP's are sticking to their word of there being many hints to The Joker throughout the series, also this could be the reason why the Joker's "origin" is more of multiple choice. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 Multip10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 8:29 pm

It's so over the top and it knows it and it owns it. So fucking good. Also AHHH YES! It's the THING!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Why is Deadshot the most underused Batman villain? He's been around since the golden age. :/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
Why is Deadshot the most underused Batman villain? He's been around since the golden age. :/
Should he even be in the show? I mean, he's suppose to be the "best" and that comes with experience. Also when is they bring in the GREY GHOST!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 pm

I want to see more of Zsasz. He's a badass.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 1:01 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Teckno wrote:
I'd like to see if he has the scars, and if not to start making them.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Would be cool if there was a scene where Bruce meets a farmboy from Kansas, and decide to play baseball together for awhile. Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:50 am

HOLY SHIT! Firefly? What?!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

You mean the body count marks?

He did start making them since they introduced him.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Teckno wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

You mean the body count marks?

He did start making them since they introduced him.
Yes, body count scars.

And did they? I must've forgotten. I don't think they showed them that much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next