Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread LenArZu

Quote :
ABOUT SUPERGIRL: Supergirl is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime.

This a discussion thread for CBS' Supergirl! Discuss news, episodes, and all that other stuff here. If you can't watch it on CBS, the CBS website (link below) and app also have the episode the day after they air.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/

Well it's finally upon us! Supergirl makes its TV debut tonight at 8:30PM. Looks like I'll be missing half of Gotham!

Last edited by yonny616 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added spoiler warning in description, updated banner.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Haven't seen it yet, but I was surprise to see it gotten a 100% fresh rating over at RT. Suck on that, Jessica Jones!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Solid first episode. Don't remember, but I think this cut has some different scenes than the one that leaked.

Looks like the rest of the season will be pretty cool and also looks like they might drop the whole "him", "cousin", "boy in blue" instead of just saying Superman.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Where's Superman?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 8:51 am

Mecha wrote:
Where's Superman?
In Metropolis... probably.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:43 am

Where is this set in then?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:43 am

Mecha wrote:

Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
National City.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:24 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/yonny616/news/?a=126347
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/yonny616/news/?a=126347
Biggest premiere for any comic book show.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Makes me wonder how much Wonder Woman is going to do?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
Makes me wonder how much Wonder Woman is going to do?
I can see Wonder Woman making Hunger Games kind of money since it'll capture both male and female audiences.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:01 pm

R.I.P. Captain Marvel
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Really hopeful for this series. Hope it gets better and better. Wish it didn't have to duke it out with Gotham though.

Mecha wrote:
R.I.P. Captain Marvel
Lol what? Cap Marvel has the Marvel brand backing it. It's guaranteed to make big money.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:25 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
R.I.P. Captain Marvel
Lol what? Cap Marvel has the Marvel brand backing it. It's guaranteed to make big money.

Doubt it will make as much though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
R.I.P. Captain Marvel

Doubt it will make as much though.
We live in a world where an Ant-Man film has made about $500 million thanks to the Marvel brand. It'll make money.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 6:18 pm

More clips from episode two:

Looks like Supergirl is making rookie mistakes. Also love that they're mentioning Superman by name and not by some allusion. Liking the training scene, but damn it stop with the cringey, annoying "It's cause I'm/she's a girl" thing. And is that hellgrammite?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Loving the show so far. Episode two was good. Excited for next episode. Though I do dislike how they market it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:23 am

Spoiler:

Lol Did they ever ask Superman if he's going to start a family? Also I wonder if Maxwell Lord will essentially be this shows Lex Luthor.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Solid episode. Seeing Superman was pretty cool and the conversation between Kara and Clark was also a nice touch. #MattBomerForSuperman
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Episode 3 looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Episodes 4 & 5 were swapped cause of the plot of ep4 being similar to the events in Paris, but we did get the Livewire episode. The show continues to be solid, but just that, though it looks like the show is starting to unfold its stories now and setting up for others like Dean Cain's character working for the D.O.E. which Supergirl's sister works at. Livewire was a better villain than Electro, but that's not saying much. Like I said before it was a solid episode.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=127096

Does this mean that Supergirl doesn't exist in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 am

Mecha wrote:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=127096

Does this mean that Supergirl doesn't exist in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash?
It never did considering Superman doesn't exist in the DCW-Verse. And if they were to ever connect them then it'd likely be a Earth 1 - Earth X crossover like they're doing in Flash season 2 with Earth 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Last night's episode was solid. This episode was suppose to air last week and last weeks this week, but they were swapped cause of the Paris attack and it showed since it had a lot of mentions of the episode 3 and the story didn't make sense at moments. Also Hank Henshaw is Cyborg Superman, and Maxwell Lord is a conniving little shit and the last scene of the episode reminded me of the time Superman met Lex Luthor in Superman: TAS.

Next week is Red Tornado!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/supergirl/news/?a=127324
Also Superman is coming to the show, but he's.... 13? Wait what? And he's meeting Kara? WHAT?! How?! Time Travel? Wait.... is it fucking Connor?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread   Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'SUPERGIRL' Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next