Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+17
yonny616
Fenrir
TerraXehanort
Orc
Gutzahn
Chobo
2Sugoi2Die
JayMoore
Stoney
lisforlove
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mikenuge
Angelus
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Frozen is probably the biggest leap forward Disney has ever done. It's their most progressive film to date, and that's great to see.

Double Standards are very progressive indeed.

It doesn't measure up to the classics.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 pm

300: Rise of an Empire (2014) - 6/10

Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) - 7/10

Ghost of Mars (2001) - 5/10

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) - 4/10

Salting The Battlefield (2014) - 7/10
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Orion wrote:
Listen to this nigga, he's not some dumb cuckold with no movie-knowhow, he's a dumb cuckold that actually has movie-knowhow
"Cuckold" suggests that I had someone to even cheat on me. Sad

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:

lolwut? I'm not saying it's as good as the classics, just that it's far more progressive. The film itself can function as a metaphor for homosexuality, transgenderism, etc., plus it makes fun of tropes in old Disney films (like love at first sight), and has the act of true love be familial and not romantic (i.e. the princess isn't reliant on a man to save her). Not to mention the same-sex parents they show in the film.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
Frozen is probably the biggest leap forward Disney has ever done. It's their most progressive film to date, and that's great to see.

r u from le wrong generation? : )))))))))))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Captain America: The Winter Solider (2014) 8.5/10

This movie takes a giant turd on Iron Man 3 Regular Man 3. Hell, I even like it a little more than Man of Steel, and this is coming from a DC fanboy. This is proof that superhero films can be taken a bit more seriously, without adding stupid silly comedy to make it better *COUGHREGULARMAN3COUGH*. I was a bit worried about Marvel going lighthearted, but this puts my worries to rest. The film is neither light or dark. The tone of the film has just the right balance. Also the action in the film is fucking amazing! The action scenes alone is worth going to the theater and see it. Everything you've seen the the trailers doesn't do it justice.

Also stay during the mid-credit scene for a very QUICK cameo from a certain mutant character.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Referring to "Iron Man 3" as Regular Man 3 never ceases to be funny, you comedic genius.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Referring to "Iron Man 3" as Regular Man 3 never ceases to be funny, you comedic genius.

Well I did learn a thing or two from Shane Black.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm about to watch Iron Man 3... and the TRUE MCU Mandarin (before retcon).
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 2:49 am

Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Well I did learn a thing or two from Shane Black.
YOU LEARNED NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is, so far, the best film in phase two of the MCU. Great action, great story, great acting, just great all around. Although, sometimes the action wasn't shot well. Also half of the jokes fell flat on their faces, but I do give it 1 point for making someone in my theater gasp at a certain twist in the story. I also don't like how they didn't explain why Captain America, or SHIELD, didn't try saving the president of the USA! Beside that great film.

Score: 4.5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:59 pm

There was barley any jokes in the film. Also the so-called twist shocked a lot of people in my theater. Even though the majority of actual Marvel fans already knew what the twist was. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:26 am

@Mecha There were A LOT of jokes, to the point I accidently laughed at some of the series parts. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 725796345 This movie just handled them better than Iron Man 3 or Thor: TDW. Marvel's comic book films will always be part comedy. The last "serious" Marvel film was The Incredible Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:02 am

Yeah, but the jokes didn't seem forced like in Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World. Plus the film had a more darker tone to it compare to the other Marvel films.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

That's why I said this film handled them better. Yeah it did have a "darker tone", but compared to The Incredible Hulk's or even Iron Man it still falls short.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:22 am

I don't know about Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk being darker? Captain America: The Winter Solider probably had a lot more deaths involved and also had an even bigger threat for the characters to face.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:24 am

A "dark" film is more than just deaths, otherwise Man of Steel would be considered the darkest superhero film ever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:37 am

Yeah but in Man of Steel, you don't see a lot of people get killed. You just assume people died during the destruction. In Captain America: The Winter Solider, you actually see people die in different ways. Hell, they even shown a bloody dead body in film.

Actually now that I think about it, Captain America: The Winter Solider is a darker film compare to Man of Steel.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:47 am

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 725796345 Really? You see Kal-El's mom, Lara, be burned alive in the Krypton explosion. When shit gets real on Earth you see people being lifted up 30ft, give or take, off the ground and slammed right onto the floor, along with people getting blown to hell by the failed missles and planes crashing. And that's just Metropolis. Captain America isn't darker than Man of Steel, it fall right where it needs to in the MCU.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Kal-El's mom probably died instantly, so she didn't suffer as much. Also I'm not saying people didn't die during the destruction in Man of Steel. You just didn't get to actually see those people die. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, you saw people get shot, go through an aircraft engine, get crushed by a building collapsing, stopping people's hearts from pumping, etc. Also revealing Tony Stark's past doesn't make things any less dark.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Hugo 9.5/10

The Aviator 10/10

I just found out that I actually own the entire Man with No Name trilogy on DVD.  Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 21888 Surprised :content: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Frozen 10/10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Orion, stop posting the same shit you already posted. It's really annoying.

Oh, and Frozen looks terrible. GET @ ME.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:34 pm

12 Years a Slave: 9.8/10

This movie is heartbreaking and sadly very accurate. The acting was absolutely fantastic and emotional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:36 pm

12 Years a Slave was pretty great. 

The most unbearable scene, for me, was when they hang up Solomon, and you just see the slaves playing right behind him doing nothing to save him.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:38 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
12 Years a Slave was pretty great. 

The most unbearable scene, for me, was when they hang up Solomon, and you just see the slaves playing right behind him doing nothing to save him.

I thought the most unbearable scene was when Solomon was forced to lash Patsey. I get depressed just thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next