Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+2
yonny616
Archduke
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen Empty
PostSubject: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 2:59 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I'm not talking about the Romero zombies. I'm talking about the folklore zombies. But anyway, the gangs show no emotion what's so ever, and they just keep on coming like a pack of mindless bees, despite getting shot at.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I'm not talking about the Romero zombies. I'm talking about the folklore zombies. But anyway, the gangs show no emotion what's so ever, and they just keep on coming like a pack of mindless bees, despite getting shot at.

They're a street gang with the hardest criminals. The film was made in the early-to-mid 70s when people had a certain image of gangs and their activities. Showing emotions from them wouldn't make much sense until Scorsese made it popular years later. 

I really don't care to continue this conversation, as both movies are incredibly unrealistic, anyway. Complaining about lack of realism in action movies is like complaining you laughed in a comedy. It's all part of the genre.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 pm

@RamboOnRedBull All I'm saying is that the original just doesn't hold up as well by today's standards. That's what I meant by being unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 6:18 pm

Fear and Desire [Stanley Kubrick/1953] = 3.5/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Dead End [William Wyler/1937] = 5/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:51 am

Oldboy [Chan-Wook Park/2003] = 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:15 pm

I couldn't finished watching Oldboy for some reason? I mean, I've seen 75% of it, but stopped watching it during the end.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
I couldn't finished watching Oldboy for some reason? I mean, I've seen 75% of it, but stopped watching it during the end.

You should check out the South Korean I Saw the Devil. It's my favorite cop-revenge film I've seen. Brutal, violent and brilliantly written.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:13 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I'm going to look it up now.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I'm going to look it up now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The only complaint critics had were how violent it is. There are a couple of truly disturbing moments, including one with a screw and the bad guy's heel. That's all I'll say, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Violence doesn't bother me at all. After all, I've seen Salo. Yet critics praise that shit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 am

Take Shelter [Jeff Nichols/2011] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 5:36 pm

The Virgin Suicides [Sofia Coppola/1999] = 3/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:30 am

The Lodger [Alfred Hitchcock/1927] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Arsenic and Old Lace [Frank Capra/1944] = 5/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:14 am

The Day the Earth stood still [Robert Wise/1951] = 3/5
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:56 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I haven't seen the original film, but I've watched the 2008 remake and thought it was absolute dogshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 9:05 am

Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I haven't seen the original film, but I've watched the 2008 remake and thought it was absolute dogshit.

I've only seen the original, but I can't call it "bad", though. That said, it's pretty disappointing, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:23 pm

The Clock [Vincente Minnelli/1945] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:20 pm

On The Town [Stanley Donen & Gene Kelly/1949] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Airplane! [Jim Abrahams & David Zucker/1980] = 3/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:23 pm

The Player [Robert Altman/1992] = 3.5/5
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 5:58 pm

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut Version) 10/10

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this and the original film for most of the time. I mean, the only new scene I could remember was when young Erik Lensherr/Magneto was on the top of a train. Other than that, I guess most of the new stuff added to this cut of the film was just scenes from the film with Rogue added to it. I don't Know? I could be wrong, since this was my first time watching the film since it came out in Theaters.

Either way, it's still the best X-Men film, and my favorite Marvel film of all-time. Can't wait for Apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Archduke wrote:

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this and the original film for most of the time. I mean, the only new scene I could remember was when young Erik Lensherr/Magneto was on the top of a train. Other than that, I guess most of the new stuff added to this cut of the film was just scenes from the film with Rogue added to it. I don't Know? I could be wrong, since this was my first time watching the film since it came out in Theaters.

Either way, it's still the best X-Men film, and my favorite Marvel film of all-time. Can't wait for Apocalypse.

I LOVE Days of Future Past. It's a genuine breath of fresh air from all the really generic superhero movies that usually come out.

Apocalypse, along with BvS, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 and Suicide Squad are my most anticipated superhero movies. I'm sure they'll all be great. :)
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:17 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Archduke wrote:

I LOVE Days of Future Past. It's a genuine breath of fresh air from all the really generic superhero movies that usually come out.

Apocalypse, along with BvS, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 and Suicide Squad are my most anticipated superhero movies. I'm sure they'll all be great. :)

You're anticipating Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, yet on another thread you called the first movie "Just a generic Hollywood Superhero film"? I'm confused, did you stance on this film change over time?

I previously wasn't sold on BvS, but that latest trailer won me over. I honestly am not hyped whatsoever about Suicide Squad. It kinda looks like shit. I'm looking forward to the Deadpool movie, mainly for the hilarity that is the Deadpool character himself. I just hope that they don't force things in that movie.

Even Captain America: Civil War has peeked my interest a bit after watching Ant-Man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next