Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+17
yonny616
Fenrir
TerraXehanort
Orc
Gutzahn
Chobo
2Sugoi2Die
JayMoore
Stoney
lisforlove
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mikenuge
Angelus
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
12 Years a Slave was pretty great. 

The most unbearable scene, for me, was when they hang up Solomon, and you just see the slaves playing right behind him doing nothing to save him.

I thought the most unbearable scene was when Solomon was forced to lash Patsey. I get depressed just thinking about it.

It's even worse knowing, not only did this actually happen to him, but it was just "another case" back then that happened on a constant basis.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:48 pm

@Mecha Really? So you're saying I was the only one seeing people get lifted into the air and just slam into the dirt. Or a missle just blow up infront of people running away. Or how about the complete destruction of half the the military and a airforce pilot get torn in half.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Okay you got me on the pilot getting torn in half. Still doesn't change the fact that you see more people die in Captain America: The Winter Soldier than in Man of Steel. Not saying more people died, there is a difference.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Cries & Whispers [1972/Ingmar Bergman] = 9.8/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:41 pm

What's stopping you from giving it a 10/10?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
What's stopping you from giving it a 10/10?

Just some few issues I had with it. Not that anything was bad, but some things felt lesser than others. 

A 10 would make it a masterpiece. And, to me, it's a near-masterpiece, so I can't give it a perfect score.
Back to top Go down
lisforlove
Peon
Peon
lisforlove

Stature : 0
Australia
Playing : Spore, ADW 2, golden sun, FTL.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:39 pm

"Sweeny Todd '83" - 9/10

Better then the newer one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:38 am

Manhunter (1986) 7.5/10

Michael Mann's take on the novel Red Dragon makes for a very interesting film. Always been a fan of Mann's visual style, and you get more from it in this film. This is also the film where we're first introduce to Hannibal Lecter, played by Brian Cox. Cox does an okay job in the role. He just doesn't come off as menacing enough compare to the other portrayals. Anyway, the film isn't as good as The Silence of the Lambs nor is it Michael Mann's best work. But if you're a fan of both Hannibal and Michael Mann, then I say give this a watch.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 am

Foodfight! (2012) -1/10

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 1411946719 
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:14 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
One of the most beautifully-shot films ever made IMO. Sven Nykvist is my favorite cinematographer.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
One of the most beautifully-shot films ever made IMO. Sven Nykvist is my favorite cinematographer.

I thought Emmanuel Lubezki was? Razz

But, yeah, it's well-shot, to say the least. It's also got some really unbearable moments, despite only having one violent scene. 

It's the third Bergman-film I've seen, and his second best so far. :)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:48 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I thought Emmanuel Lubezki was? Razz

But, yeah, it's well-shot, to say the least. It's also got some really unbearable moments, despite only having one violent scene. 

It's the third Bergman-film I've seen, and his second best so far. :)
Emmanuel Lubezki was before I got into Ingmar Bergman's films. And that violent scene is really tough to watch, eeeeeep. xP
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Just wondering, Shrute, but are there any other Bergman-films you could recommend to me? 

I've already seen The Seventh Seal, Persona and now Cries and Whispers

I really want to see Through a Glass Darkly, but I can't find it anywhere with subtitles. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 21888

Have been considering The Virgin Spring and Wild Strawberries, but I'm not sold on them as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:40 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Just wondering, Shrute, but are there any other Bergman-films you could recommend to me? 

I really want to see Through a Glass Darkly, but I can't find it anywhere with subtitles. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 21888

Have been considering The Virgin Spring and Wild Strawberries, but I'm not sold on them as of yet.
If you're gonna see Through a Glass Darkly, then you should see the rest of Bergman's Trilogy of Faith which includes Winter Light and The Silence.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:09 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

If you're gonna see Through a Glass Darkly, then you should see the rest of Bergman's Trilogy of Faith which includes Winter Light and The Silence.

How come? I mean, are they connected to each other?

I might see Winter Light next, but I'd have to look more up on it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 4:56 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

How come? I mean, are they connected to each other?

I might see Winter Light next, but I'd have to look more up on it.
They're thematically similar. The best trilogies tend to be tied by philosophy rather than story.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Just finished the Back to the Future trilogy. I fucking loved it. It's now one of my favorite film franchises of all-time. Back To The Future Part I is one of the best movies I have ever watched. Back To The Future Part II is a solid sequel in this series, but doesn't come close to the first film quality wise. Back to The Future Part III is an awesome sci-fi western and great way to close out the trilogy. The homages to other noteworthy films are awesome as well. The Doc. Emmett Brown is now one of the my fav movie characters. I just want to say that it's a damn shame that MJF got Parkinson's 1 year after BTTF Part III was released. He's a good actor.

Oh and I just realized that Family Guy has been parodying these films for years now, lulz. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:09 am

Yeah those movies are a lot of fun.

I saw The Raid 2 about six-ish hours ago, and it's even better than the first one. It's actually a well-rounded film, not just pure action. There's an interesting crime story to the film that has a relatively complex sequence of events (not that it's hard to understand, but it's not as basic as the first), and the script doesn't merely exist to bridge the fights together. But man, the action is bigger and better. There are these two characters that I love, these two villains, one being a chick who uses two clawed hammers to fight and the other being this dude who fights with a metal baseball bat (he also kills a dude by hitting a baseball at him).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:39 am

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) 3/10

Don't get me wrong, this movie deserves a 0 out of 10. But the reason I give it such a high rating, is simply because it's fun tearing the movie apart with a group of people. Laughing by how ridiculously stupid it is. Nothing in this movie made any sense at all. The characters are so stupid, that they don't even go to the cops. Even though they had enough the footage recorded. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 1443829230 I don't even know why I'm even writing a review for this? Just don't fucking watch it, end of story.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Archduke wrote:
Just finished the Back to the Future trilogy. I fucking loved it. It's now one of my favorite film franchises of all-time. Back To The Future Part I is one of the best movies I have ever watched. Back To The Future Part II is a solid sequel in this series, but doesn't come close to the first film quality wise. Back to The Future Part III is an awesome sci-fi western and great way to close out the trilogy. The homages to other noteworthy films are awesome as well. The Doc. Emmett Brown is now one of the my fav movie characters. I just want to say that it's a damn shame that MJF got Parkinson's 1 year after BTTF Part III was released. He's a good actor.

Oh and I just realized that Family Guy has been parodying these films for years now, lulz. Razz 

You hadn't seen it before now? Crazy.  I love you  

BTW, the first Back to the Future is - by far - the best of them all. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:53 am

12 Years of Slave (2013) 8/10

Not faithful to the real-life story! Nah, I'm just kidding, lol. It's a good film.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 pm

The Killing [Stanley Kubrick/1956] = 8.0/10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Fargo 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:09 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Archduke wrote:

You hadn't seen it before now? Crazy.  I love you  

BTW, the first Back to the Future is - by far - the best of them all. :)

There are still a ton of films that I have yet to see. Hell, I've only seen the first Jurassic Park film and I've never seen the original Batman films either.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 am

Winter Light [1962/Ingmar Bergman] = 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next