Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+17
yonny616
Fenrir
TerraXehanort
Orc
Gutzahn
Chobo
2Sugoi2Die
JayMoore
Stoney
lisforlove
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mikenuge
Angelus
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Gone Girl (2014) 9/10

Probably David Fincher's best film since Zodiac. That is all I will say for now.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 10:31 am

Skyfall [Sam Mendes/2012] = 8.0/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind (2004) 7.5/10

Haven't watched this film for like 10 years, so watching it again felt new to me.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Gone Girl (2014)

Gone Girl is a fantastic film. Great performances, good twists and turns that, while I knew would happen, didn't play out as I thought they would.

Score: 5/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 6:56 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Gone Girl (2014)

Gone Girl is a fantastic film. Great performances, good twists and turns that, while I knew would happen, didn't play out as I thought they would.

I felt the same way while watching the film. While the twist wasn't that shocking, it's how everything played out after that was kinda unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Good Morning Vietnam 8.5/10 One of Robin Williams's finer performances. He absolutely just shines in this film, and the fact that much of the witty dialogue he says on the radio shows just prove that he was one hell of an actor. Gone from this Earth too quickly. R.I.P. Robin Williams Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 11:31 am

Rush [Ron Howard/2013] = 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Night and the City [Jules Dassin/1950] = 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Sigourney Weaver at the end of Alien is hngggggggggggggg. It's pretty damn outdated but it's still fun. Again, young Sigourney is fucking hot.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Dracula Untold 6.5/10 It's okay. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But, nothing amazing or truly groundbreaking. I did have fun with this movie though. I would also like a sequel, dealing with Dracula in modern day. That would be really cool.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 12:56 pm

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 10/10

What can I say? It's the The Shawshank Redemption. Enough said.

Bad Lieutenant: Port of New Orleans (2009) 7/10

Very trippy cop film. Highly recommended if you just want to see Nic Cage go nuts.

Edge of Tomorrow Live Die Repeat (2014) 8.5/10

Awesome movie! The marketing for this film made it look like another Oblivion. But the movie actually turned out to be way more fun than you may expect.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am

Shanghai Noon 7.5/10

Godzilla (2014) 8/10 Fucking awesome and definitely a great Godzilla movie reboot. I love the fact that the movie is grounded in reality and is a more serious kaiju film.  Yes, Godzilla only has about 10+ minutes of screen-time and it really doesn't show him duke it out with the MUTO's until the final act/payoff of the film. However, the main Japanese Toho Godzilla films never had him getting a ton of screen-time and featured human characters as an interest to the story. I also like the fact that this film shows what happens from a human perspective, and what Godzilla does resulting in consequences for the humans around it. The lore and back-story of this film is interesting as well, also. The only real negatives in the film was that it needed more Bryan Cranston, and that some of the human characters were more conventional, in which I kind of could expect would happen to them. The abrupt ending can also be seen as odd and off-putting to some. All this being said, I still loved this movie so much. IMO, it blows the 1998 version out of the damn water. This is probably the first film that made me want to watch some of the behind-the-scenes extras and special features on the blu-ray disk. I thought it was really cool hearing about Gareth Edward's vision of his perfect Godzilla film, how to make the movie from a more human standpoint, and what he went through to make that film a reality. I cannot wait for the Godzilla sequel in 2018, and to watch him duke it out against some of the more classic Godzilla movie villains. I also wouldn't mind a Pacific Rim x Godzilla crossover film, that would be fucking epic.

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:06 am

Aliens hold up a lot better than OG Alien, a fantastic romp with one of my favourite action stars of the 80's, Michael Biehn aka Cpl. Dwayne Hicks. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 2505020059 Really good ensemble to boot.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 9:58 pm

John Wick (2014)

Keanu Reeves is back. John Wick was a great action film. It knew what it was and managed to blow away my initial expectations. Keanu Reeves does great in the role of a man who just lost everything and decides to take vengeance. The film is heartfelt, funny, and has blood-pumping adrenaline action throughout. The action is the best thing about this film. Some of the best gun and hand-to-hand action scenes I've seen. Performances from the rest of the cast is great and Michael Nyqvist has some great comedic timing. The plot is simple, but effective. The ending is it's drawback though as it feels anti-climactic and left me wanting something more, something better.

Score: 4/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/john_wick/

It's still at 100%! O_o
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 pm

I know! I do think the rating will eventually go down to somewhere around 80% by the time the film releases to the public next week. I'm still going to go see it again though. This film, while the ending leaves you wanting more, is definitely worth my $10 and I'm going to take some people with me.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:37 pm

The One I Love [Charlie McDowell/2014] = 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 3:11 am

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) 5.5/10

No wonder people hated this movie. Too much collateral damage. Razz But seriously, I expected worse. No point in even mentioning the problems with the movie. You should know what you're getting yourself into in a Bayformers movie. I will say this though, that this is probably the best Transformers movie since the first one. Only because Michael Bay reduce some of the stupidity from the previous movies. That's not saying much though.

Also I have to bring this up. This movie has one of the biggest movie goofs I have seen in a very long time. In the final battle scene, Mark Wahlberg's character can somehow teleport from one wall to another. Then some mysterious guy pops right out of nowhere behind the wall next Mark Wahlberg's character and explodes. W... T... F!? Who the hell was that guy!? It took me out of the movie for a minute.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Frankenweenie [Tim Burton/2012] = 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 2:17 am

Mud (2012) = 9/10 Matthew McConaughey is brilliant in this movie, and the rest of the cast is great is well. The plot is simple and interesting, but has a great execution and makes for one of the best films from 2012. MM was great as always. It's a fantastic film that I recommend everyone to watch.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Nightcrawler (2014)

Nightcrawler is a good film. Jake Gyllenhaal gives an impressive performance as Lou Bloom. A character who is immoral, unethical, and just down right selfish. You see how this character is willing to do anything possible to be the best. Other characters aren't as good, though performances from the other actors and actresses are still good. The writing is done well, as is the directing, but it's just that the film drags on for a bit. Also the second trailer sadly reveal a lot more than I thought, but there is there couple of surprises. I did enjoy the reaction of my theater as Jake's character would just do the craziest thing to get his material. Anyway, while a good film, it was a bit disappointing.

P.S. @Rambo Snowpiercer is on Netflix. I'll watch it as soon as I feel like it. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 7:34 am

yonny616 wrote:
Nightcrawler (2014)

Nightcrawler is a good film. Jake Gyllenhaal gives an impressive performance as Lou Bloom. A character who is immoral, unethical, and just down right selfish. You see how this character is willing to do anything possible to be the best. Other characters aren't as good, though performances from the other actors and actresses are still good. The writing is done well, as is the directing, but it's just that the film drags on for a bit. Also the second trailer sadly reveal a lot more than I thought, but there is there couple of surprises. I did enjoy the reaction of my theater as Jake's character would just do the craziest thing to get his material. Anyway, while a good film, it was a bit disappointing.

P.S. @Rambo Snowpiercer is on Netflix. I'll watch it as soon as I feel like it. Razz

I was just about to tell you, lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:02 pm

@Rambo Well I felt like it.

Snowpiercer (2014)

This is a great film. Directed great, written smart, amazingly acted, and just all around great. The film's idea of humanity surviving on, what looks like, a bullet train that travels around a frozen post apocalyptic world is something I don't think I've seen before. Most of the characters are developed enough where you connect with them emotionally and understand their motivations and actions, but sadly not all the films characters are developed like this. The film does not spoon feed you much, if anything at all. This is a great film that will have you trying to guess all the twist and turns until the end.

Score: 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:22 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Rambo Well I felt like it.

Snowpiercer (2014)

This is a great film. Directed great, written smart, amazingly acted, and just all around great. The film's idea of humanity surviving on, what looks like, a bullet train that travels around a frozen post apocalyptic world is something I don't think I've seen before. Most of the characters are developed enough where you connect with them emotionally and understand their motivations and actions, but sadly not all the films characters are developed like this. The film does not spoon feed you much, if anything at all. This is a great film that will have you trying to guess all the twist and turns until the end.

Score: 4.5/5

I told you. :)
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 7:36 pm

@Rambo Yes, you did. It's a really cool film, never thought I'd like it as much as I did.

Interstellar (2014)

Interstellar is clever and complex and I believe this is Nolan's best film to-date. It's amazing visually and the IMAX helps give it a sense of endless scope when they're in space. The film is written to near perfection and has perfect balance of humor, seriousness and heart. The film is amazingly directed as expected with Nolan. While Nolan's Sci-Fi is more grounded than most, it's still very much sci-fi. The film has it's twist, but the big one you can predict by half way if you think about it, but if you allow yourself to lose yourself in the film you get immersed and can't pull from it. Nolan is truly one of a kind. The performances from all the actors are gripping, strong and keep your attention, especially during dramatic scenes. The pace doesn't really slow down.  I thought the trailers had probably showed too much, but they showed a lot without showing much. Also the I had the pleasure of seeing this in IMAX 70mm film and my god was it just the absolute best. This film is meant to be experienced in the cinema, but most importantly in IMAX. I think this might end up being my favorite film of 2014.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next