Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+17
yonny616
Fenrir
TerraXehanort
Orc
Gutzahn
Chobo
2Sugoi2Die
JayMoore
Stoney
lisforlove
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mikenuge
Angelus
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen Empty
PostSubject: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am

This Is The End [2013/Evan Goldberg] = 7.5/10

Coraline [2009/Henry Selick] = 8.5/10

Time to watch This is England. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Vertigo (1958) 6/10

This is kinda of a difficult film to review. After watching the film, I had to think long and hard about it. And I have to say that I was underwhelm by it. I mean seriously, this is the film that beat Citizen Kane as the best film of all time? :/
This film made me scratch my head a few times. Like when Scottie just happen to coincidentally find you-know-who again in a big city like San Francisco. But we got to accept that because the script says so. Also the movie solves the mystery for us by the third half of the film. Like WTF!? Oh and I was laughing my ass off by how the film ended. I had to keep replaying the ending like multiple times too.
I don't know, I enjoyed Alfred Hitchcock's other masterpieces like Rear Window and Psycho. But this... meh.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:59 pm

This Is England [2006/Shane Meadows] = 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:25 am

The Bling Ring [2013/Sofia Coppola] = 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Tora! Tora! Tora! 5/10

12 Years A Slave 9.5/10 An all-time classic. Even better the second time I've viewed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Just finished the first hour of Dancer in the Dark. So far, it's one of the greatest films I've seen.

I'll rate it on here tomorrow, I believe.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:41 pm

@Rambo Don't lie. The only reason you watched The Bling Ring was because of this:
Rate the Last Movie You've Seen Giphy

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Rambo Don't lie. The only reason you watched The Bling Ring was because of this:

Spoiler:

More like this:

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen The%20Bling%20Ring%20it%20s%20a%20movie%20to%20come%20out%20in%20_341e9d0d0b862ee15ef38e19b3b872f8

Seriously, though, The Bling Ring is pretty decent. it's got a cool narration that covers the story from beginning-to-end, great music, and some decent moments.

It does suffer from being overly long and some mediocrity here-and-there, though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 pm

The things I would do with Emma. I love you

Yeah, i heard it was decent. I'll check it out if it's ever on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:09 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Spoiler:

More like this:

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen The%20Bling%20Ring%20it%20s%20a%20movie%20to%20come%20out%20in%20_341e9d0d0b862ee15ef38e19b3b872f8

Seriously, though, The Bling Ring is pretty decent. it's got a cool narration that covers the story from beginning-to-end, great music, and some decent moments.

It does suffer from being overly long and some mediocrity here-and-there, though.
I pretty much agree with your assessment. As much as I love Sofia Coppola, it pains me that I can only call this film "good." Emma Watson is great in it, very funny, but my problem with the film is that it uses repetition in the same way that Spring Breakers does, but it isn't as stylish, outlandish, beautiful, or interesting.

I felt like The Bling Ring had made its point early on and the rest of the time was just filler. Enjoyable filler, but filler nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:08 am

@Shrute

Yeah, it did start to feel like filler. I think the biggest reason is that the film repeats itself so often that it starts to feel a bit redundant. Almost to the point where you just stop caring.

I did, however, enjoy Sofia's cinematography a few times, along with her use of music. 

I honestly think it's Sofia's style that saves the film from being mediocre. If it wasn't for her, I don't think it would've worked to the degree that it does.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Can't argue with you there. Sofia Coppola's style definitely saves the film, though I would also say that Emma Watson really helps the film along as well.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Yeah, she was pretty good in it as well. 

I just would've liked some more development on WHY they do it, and HOW they even plan each robbery. It's something I think could polish it up, and make it lose some of its repetitiousness.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Ameircan Histor X- 5/10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Orion wrote:
American History X- 10/5

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Killing Season 5/10

Mac and Devin Go To Highschool 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10  :lolface:  Rate the Last Movie You've Seen 725796345  :dsp2: 

Airplane! 9/10 I love this movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Ok now I actually watched it, 9/10. Any other movies like it you rec?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 am

Despicable Me [2010/Pierre Coffin] = 7.5/10

Dancer in The Dark [2000/Lars Von Trier] = 9.5/10

What can I say? Von Trier's DITD is one of the greatest films I've ever seen in my entire life.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Valkyrie (2008)
I liked it. Watchable, interesting, although Tom is a good actor I could only see Tom Cruise, not Stauffenberg.

Score: 3/5
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Frozen 10/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Psycho (1960) 7.5/10

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Despicable Me 2 [Pierre Coffin/2013] = 7.0/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:07 am

North by Northwest (1959) 8.5/10

:megusta: 
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:43 am

Are you on a Hitchcock-marathon? Rate the Last Movie You've Seen 725796345

I haven't seen a Hitchcock film in months now. I'm too behind on other filmmakers.  :x
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 am

Sorta. Now I need to watch The Birds next whenever I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next