Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]

Go down 
+18
ArchAngel
Stoney
Franko
Orc
TheJubJub5721
Archduke
Pein
Mikenuge
Hydell
NoelX2
Bluenose
Ihsahn
Pickles1337
igame
Based Sonji
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] Empty
PostSubject: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:17 pm

There is a reason why we escaped the old forums (XBR, PS3N). Over there it never really felt like a forum. The definition of "forum" is [a public meeting place for open discussion]. How is it any different here though when everyone gets attacked for having a different opinion about VIDEO GAMES. Most of the people here are friendly and have open minds for discussion. I'm talking about the small percentage that still keep that same closed minded fanboy mentality that should have stayed behind at the XBR.

Exhibit A:
Zeratul wrote:
Y'know, people on here are talking like MS are idiots even though they have done a fairly better job this gen then last gen.

Look at how much sony has F*cked up this gen.PS3 had a terrible launch and first few years.It was a big mistake to use blu ray as early as they did.Who the hell would pay 400-600$ for a gaming console?Were they that stupid to beleive PS3 would sell for its first few years?

And for a long time sony wasnt gaining any profit with ps3.I think it was until last year that they just STARTED to gain profits.While MS were making billions with XBL, sony were loosing money with the ps3.

This was a reponse to my MS rant thread. If any of you even remotely skimmed through it, you would know that my rant had NOTHING to do with sales or profit. I mean the sales arguement is a joke to begin with, but that wasn't even the point. My rant was about how MS is lacking 1st party support. This was his fanboyish self-defense mechanism and honestly it's VERY childish to say the least.

Exhibit B, messaged to me right around the same time as my UC2 rant

Quote :
eat shit you fucking prick
From DukemNukem43 To Sovereign Alan, Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 21:51

Uncharted 2 is a better game than Gears of War 2 is. This is fact. Accept it and get over yourself

^His oh so generous PM given to me right after a friendly Gears vs UC discussion

but wait! He was surely only kidding. There is NO WAY he was serious:

Quote :
DukemNukem43 Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 21:55

my last Pm was a joke.

Seriously though, Uncharted 2 is MILES better than Gears of War 2 is.

Oh! Man. I'm glad he said he was joking right before I ate a big steaming pile of shit. The general message is the same. He's a forum member that won't be a little bit more open minded to other people's opinions.

Exhibit C:

https://generation7.forumotion.com/t518-overrated-games

Here is just a bunch of comments that stood out in that thread.

Hypnotoad wrote:
ICO & SoTC? Overrated?

GET THE MOTHERFUCKING OFF.

Ihsahn wrote:
It is overrated, but Nintendo can do one thing that a lot of devs can't: make a damn fun game. Are you seriously going to judge a game on its storyline when it was never designed to have one? You say Nintendo keeps milking the storyline, but why does that matter? Hell, even though it's true Mario games always have the same story, how would Nintendo give the game a story? There would be pacing issues out and inconsistencies all over the place. How does Mario go from a plumber who only makes noises to a fully fleshed out character? Do we just disregard every game they've ever made?

You must have just started gaming recently because games of the past were all about the gameplay. Are you going to bitch at Frogger for having no storyline, too? You're judging a game on merits it doesn't even have. And ultimately you can boil any game down to "go from point A to point B" so why your post is up to the brim in hyperbole is beyond me.

A game does not need a storyline to be good.

Your argument sucks and you have zero valid reason. Deal with it.

[b]Sovereign Alan[/b] wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
I kinda agree with them, but it's more so the fact that Bioware sucks. They remind me of Rockstar.

Ya, a big "fuck you" to you pal.

Oh wait, I wasn't supose to show that lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
More "exhibits" (due to popular demand):

Pickles1337 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Crying during the scene with Maria doesn't make the game any more emotional.

It just makes you a pussy.

That is what your mother stated after I participated in sexual intercourse with her.

igame wrote:
^ Can't tell if its gay looking dude, or girl with short hair.

^Comment on user pics thread.

Reaper wrote:
Fuckin Jews causing all the UFO's in the world...

^Comment on UFO in Jerusalem thread.

BlackStigma wrote:
Who cares? Game sucks

^On White Knights Chronicles 2 thread.

Ihsahn wrote:
Well there's a universal agreement that Microsoft blows. Don't have to be a fanboy to see that

^On Uncharted 2 rant thread

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arrr, lykos is a fag
Aye.

^On the Official Pirates thread.

TRF wrote:
Quantity over quality, eh? Yup, you definitely sound like an Xbox enthusiast.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea and where is the thanks I get for quadrupling forum activity? OH HERE IT IS

Quote :
[20:34:49] Toxicmaniac : what are you gonna bitch about this time mighty alan the rant master
[20:37:27] Toxicmaniac : umad alan?

So the point is I think we should all be a bit more open minded and respectful to other people's opinions. Anyways, this felt more like a filler rant. Next up is an IGN rant and I promise it will be pretty juicy.

Last edited by Sovereign Alan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

PHEW.

I'm not on this list.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:27 pm

TRF wrote:
PHEW.

I'm not on this list.

Ya, you slipped my mind.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Ya, you slipped my mind.
Like a motherfucking opinion ninja. 8)
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Huh, thought I'd be up there to.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:43 pm

It was just examples of forum members being disrespectful Razz.

If you guys want me to update it to show EVERYONE that has been an ass, then by all means Razz.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:43 pm

My comment is as true as it gets.

If anything SoTC & ICO were underrated.

Anyway, I can't wait for your IGN one :3
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Yes update it! i wanna see me on there so i can laugh at myself The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Updated with more quotes.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Wait, are you referring to me or TRF?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I stand by this list. One day I hope the whole topic to just be full of quotes from me.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Well that quote from me was a joke, but . . .

Ah, fuck it. Proud to be on the Wall of Shame.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 pm

You see, I'm not disrespectful or close minded. Victory The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 2505020059
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:20 pm

TRF wrote:
Well that quote from me was a joke, but . . .

Ah, fuck it. Proud to be on the Wall of Shame.
It's a wall of honor, not shame.

Butthurt gon' butthurt.

Though to be honest, as much as I like being on the list, the existence of it goes against what you're preaching. And a lot of what I say that comes off as vehement (it isn't 'cause it is just a video game forum) is generally just retaliation to someone else (i.e. Toxic telling me to deal with it). Besides, no forum is good without some form of drama.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:39 pm

That's what made the XBR so popular.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:05 pm

I fear this thread is counter-productive.

Now people will try harder to be an ass to each other. Oh dear, what have I done.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:25 pm

YES!!!!!! The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Ok, I can't help it. I'm jealous. I want to be up there!

Fuck you, your mom, your life, your existence, your name, the lasagna you ate last night, and this world!

I'm a cool kid now, ya?

Last edited by Teckno on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
I fear this thread is counter-productive.

Now people will try harder to be an ass to each other. Oh dear, what have I done.

you just can't win, can you?
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Nice to see me up there :) but i did apologized to him for saying that.

We need a "quotes of the week" thread
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

my comment was taken srs The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 4240191902
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Teckno wrote:
Ok, I can't help it. I'm jealous. I want to be up there!

Fuck you, your mom, your life, your existence, your name, the lasagna you ate last night, and this world!

I'm a cool kid now, ya?

Ugghhh
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:51 pm

In multiplatform games under Views of Dragon Age II

Quote :
Sovereign Alan wrote:

You mah boi alan but your guilty too mayne.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 am

Reaper wrote:
In multiplatform games under Views of Dragon Age II

Quote :
Sovereign Alan wrote:

You mah boi alan but your guilty too mayne.

Yea, it's also in the OP. I said we as a whole should improve our open mindedness The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] 725796345.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:22 am

Sure some people need to town down their disagreements, definately.

But it would suck if we were all here just blowing sunshine up eachothers asses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]   The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rant: Disrespectful/Closed Minded Forum Members [Episode 3]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next