Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated Games.

Go down 
+11
Ihsahn
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Stigma
Chobo
Raziel
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Pein
Pickles1337
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:50 pm

List any games you think are overrated and why.

For me, it's Bioshock.

The controls were terrible and I can't grasp why people say that game is art. It was basically 5 minutes of speeches and the rest was spent blowing away mutants with a shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:12 pm

cod black ops,cod mw2,uncharted 2,need for speed hot pursuit,marvel vs capcom 3 etc..i have a lot more than that
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Basically the entire COD franchise is overrated along with FF7.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Overrated Games. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Everything BioWare has made this generation (mainly Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:58 pm

-call of duty francise:Way to easy and generic, takes no skill

-super mario galaxy 2:Generic gameplay and the same shit storyline

-marvel vs capcom 3:street fighter IV with marvel characters

-madden NFL 11:Does this really need an explanation?

-batman arkham asylum:Im sure alot of people will disagree but this game felt like a typical super hero beat 'm up not really special or something
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Creep
Creep
Raziel

Stature : 0

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Lord Epzaos wrote:

I doubt that you played FF7 at it's first years.
what I think is overrated are : the whole halo serie, cod of course, Dead Space 2, alan wake, Ratchet & Clank series, Batman Arkham Asylum... well that's what coming to my mind for now Razz
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Raziel wrote:
Lord Epzaos wrote:

I doubt that you played FF7 at it's first years.
what I think is overrated are : the whole halo serie, cod of course, Dead Space 2, alan wake, Ratchet & Clank series, Batman Arkham Asylum... well that's what coming to my mind for now Razz
I'm afraid I did, as I had a PS1 back in the day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Overrated Games. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:14 pm

the entire COD franchise: the same game over and over just with a new skin

the Madden franchise: no explanation needed

Marvel vs Capcom 3: the lack of key features and terrible online connection make the game hard to replay.

GTA4: repetitive, boring, and nothing to keep you playing the game.

Gears 2: Crappy controls, shitty online, and average gameplay.

Resident evil 5: lack of horror elements, edition of co-op player even when playing alone, you have to pay a separate fee to get multi-player even if bought new.

Last edited by chobo500 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Don't forget to put why you it's overrated!

Overrated Games. 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
Don't forget to put why you it's overrated!

Overrated Games. 2505020059
I did that. Im a good boy now right? :3
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Call of Duty
Battlefield Bad Company
Madden
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy VII
Uncharted 2
Fable 2
Dead Space
Alan Wake
GTAIV
Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Mario
Zelda
Metriod
Assassin's Creed
Batman Arkham Asylum
Street Fighter
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid 4
Some others

I'll explain a few. Mass Effect 2 was much more combat oriented than the first and at many parts of the game it felt more like a TPS than an RPG. I also felt no incentive to play the game over again when I beat the first Mass Effect 6 times. The first was a colossal success despite bad graphics and lousy framerate but the second was one of the best looking games of 2010 and it felt like Bioware spent more time making it pretty than working on the story and areas. They also removed planet exploration and removed it with retarded and monotonous planet scanning bullshit. And they also removed all the 100's of weapons in the first to about 2 handguns, 2 assault rifles, etc.

I only played Monster Hunter Tri but it was a retarded loot gathering game where you fought monsters that didn't even attack you in slow paced combat and had to resharpen your fucking sword every 3 minutes.

GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption are just shit.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm

ICO & SoTC? Overrated?

GET THE MOTHERFUCKING OFF.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:35 pm

This thread probably wont end well.

In the mean time..

-GTA4 is overrated because all the missions are very repetitive.
-I already said why I think UC2 is overrated.
-Every Call of Duty game after 4 is way overrated considering the fact that each of them are just reskinned versions of COD4.
-Madden is overrated...No need to explain why..

@TRF. Every Bioware game? I understand ME2, but even that game still was very good. ME1 was just awesome. "Lame combat" doesn't overshadow the fact that it was a really really good WRPG. And we don't get alot of sci-fi RPGs that often so Mass Effect really is one of the defining franchises of this generation.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Call of Duty
Battlefield Bad Company
Madden
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy VII
Uncharted 2
Fable 2
Dead Space
Alan Wake
GTAIV
Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Mario
Zelda
Metriod
Assassin's Creed
Batman Arkham Asylum
Street Fighter
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 4
Some others

I'll explain a few. Mass Effect 2 was much more combat oriented than the first and at many parts of the game it felt more like a TPS than an RPG. I also felt no incentive to play the game over again when I beat the first Mass Effect 6 times. The first was a colossal success despite bad graphics and lousy framerate but the second was one of the best looking games of 2010 and it felt like Bioware spent more time making it pretty than working on the story and areas. They also removed planet exploration and removed it with retarded and monotonous planet scanning bullshit. And they also removed all the 100's of weapons in the first to about 2 handguns, 2 assault rifles, etc.

I only played Monster Hunter Tri but it was a retarded loot gathering game where you fought monsters that didn't even attack you in slow paced combat and had to resharpen your fucking sword every 3 minutes.

bullshit about the me2 part..the game was beyond amazing..bioware focused more on the story and the combat in the first one was a bit lacking.granted they should've made it to feel more rpg'ish but i think it worked the best in my opinion.the weapons were amazing and i think ammo is better than overheating..me2 was beyond amazing and it's sure as hell isn't overrated
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Overrated Games. Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:46 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Call of Duty
Battlefield Bad Company
Madden
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy VII
Uncharted 2
Fable 2
Dead Space
Alan Wake
GTAIV
Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Mario
Zelda
Metriod
Assassin's Creed
Batman Arkham Asylum
Street Fighter
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 4
Some others

I agree with these. Including the addition of God of War and R&C.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Pein wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Call of Duty
Battlefield Bad Company
Madden
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy VII
Uncharted 2
Fable 2
Dead Space
Alan Wake
GTAIV
Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Mario
Zelda
Metriod
Assassin's Creed
Batman Arkham Asylum
Street Fighter
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 4
Some others

bullshit about the me2 part..the game was beyond amazing..bioware focused more on the story and the combat in the first one was a bit lacking.granted they should've made it to feel more rpg'ish but i think it worked the best in my opinion.the weapons were amazing and i think ammo is better than overheating..me2 was beyond amazing and it's sure as hell isn't overrated

Yeah, and Mario Galaxy isn't overrated either eye roll
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:10 pm

ME1-91%
ME2-96%

The industry cares more about pretty visuals and easy, familiar gameplay than good RPG elements and a decent plot. This is the ADD generation of gaming.

If anything, ME1 deserves a 96 and ME2 deserves a 91.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:23 pm

I have a feeling this thread is gonna end in a battlefield....
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:43 pm

What the fuck @ Super Mario Galaxy generic gameplay and shitty storyline. I mean I don't care if you don't like the game, but that's probably the most untrue and irrelevant reasoning (respectively) for the game. At least have valid reasoning.

Oh and haters gon' hate in regards to FF7. While the silly little weeaboo fanboys hyped the game up so much and basically made the fanbase fucking despicable, it's easily one of the best JRPGs ever made and I think credit is due in that sense. It was inspirational to the gaming world. Cloud is like an icon. Definitely overrated, but one of my favorite games.

Anyway:

Call of Duty franchise (everything but 4 sucks)
Halo franchise (garbage)
Team Fortress 2 (HATS HATS HATS HATS)
Half-Life/HL2 (good but not the best game ever)
Uncharted 2 (yes I like the game, but it is overrated)
Demon's Souls (not that great)
Every Bioware game ever (they all suck - come at me Biodrones)

Probably more, but can't think of any.

Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:16 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
ME1-91%
ME2-96%

The industry cares more about pretty visuals and easy, familiar gameplay than good RPG elements and a decent plot. This is the ADD generation of gaming.

If anything, ME1 deserves a 96 and ME2 deserves a 91.

Hasn't it always been like that?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:44 am

No? Did you just start gaming last year? I question your age. I don't mean this as an insult, either.

Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:50 am

Well it's not like games that try to break boundaries are selling over 1 million copies.

Overrated Games. Im-Just-Saiyan
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:52 am

Quite right and it's depressing. I don't blame devs for going the rehash route with improved graphics because hey it's working and you gotta make a living, but there's no dignity in that.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 am

Ihsahn wrote:
What the fuck @ Super Mario Galaxy generic gameplay and shitty storyline. I mean I don't care if you don't like the game, but that's probably the most untrue and irrelevant reasoning (respectively) for the game. At least have valid reasoning.

Oh and haters gon' hate in regards to FF7. While the silly little weeaboo fanboys hyped the game up so much and basically made the fanbase fucking despicable, it's easily one of the best JRPGs ever made and I think credit is due in that sense. It was inspirational to the gaming world. Cloud is like an icon. Definitely overrated, but one of my favorite games.

Anyway:

Call of Duty franchise (everything but 4 sucks)
Halo franchise (garbage)
Team Fortress 2 (HATS HATS HATS HATS)
Half-Life/HL2 (good but not the best game ever)
Uncharted 2 (yes I like the game, but it is overrated)
Demon's Souls (not that great)
Every Bioware game ever (they all suck - come at me Biodrones)

Probably more, but can't think of any.

explain to me why bioware games sucked...
they have probably one of the best video game stories they made..if you hate on bioware.you hate on every other amazing developer..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:50 am

Ihsahn wrote:
What the fuck @ Super Mario Galaxy generic gameplay and shitty storyline. I mean I don't care if you don't like the game, but that's probably the most untrue and irrelevant reasoning (respectively) for the game.
Are you serious? The storyline consist of getting 120 stars to save peach from bowser. Its the same story line they have milked out for over a thousand times. And for the gameplay..... following a linear path to the star....That's it. Going from point A to point B 9,003 times, occasionally stopping to collect shit or take part in epic tedious boss fights.

After collecting all 120 stars, what do you get? YOU GET TO DO IT ALL AGAIN! But as Weegee, who jumps higher but seems to have had his shoes dunked in anal lube, which makes him slippery as fuck. What do you get after beating the game again? You get to go back to the starting level of the game and collect purple coins! Fuck yes!

Super mario galaxy is overrated. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overrated Games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated Games.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next