Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Overrated Games.

Go down 
+11
Ihsahn
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Stigma
Chobo
Raziel
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Pein
Pickles1337
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Overrated Games. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
^^

Too bad Dragon Age 2 sucks dick and has terrible level design.

''Woah, this dungeon is pretty cool!''

Well, you better like it. You'll be seeing the same thing for the entire game.

dragon age 2 sucks dick? what are you crazy?
oblivion had the same freaking dungeons every time you enter them and a lot of other games have done the same shit..so dont freaking tell me it's the same shit because from what you said you haven't even played the game..and the dungeons don't appear a lot at all..you are not 24/7 in the dungeon dude..

What does Oblivion have to do with anything? Oblivion is x892461287416297841628471629843 better than Dragon Age 2. It doesn't matter how many times you are in a dungeon. In fact, if you are in a dungeon for 'such a short time' they should at least take the time to make each dungeon different.

Also, the dumbed down gameplay doesn't help either I love you
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Reskinned dungeons aren't the biggest issue in either game.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
^^

oblivion had the same freaking dungeons every time you enter them and a lot of other games have done the same shit..so dont freaking tell me it's the same shit because from what you said you haven't even played the game..and the dungeons don't appear a lot at all..you are not 24/7 in the dungeon dude..

What does Oblivion have to do with anything? Oblivion is x892461287416297841628471629843 better than Dragon Age 2. It doesn't matter how many times you are in a dungeon. In fact, if you are in a dungeon for 'such a short time' they should at least take the time to make each dungeon different.

i just said that oblivion usses the same dungeons as with dragon age 2..
dragon age 2 is a amazing game..don't nitpick on stuff that don't matter
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
^^

It's dumbed down combat system doesn't matter?

GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
^^

It's dumbed down combat system doesn't matter?

GTFO.

dumbed down combat system? wtf man!!! the game is still a rpg!!
the combat was praised from the critics and by a lot of fans..yes there are some that didn't liked it at first but you get used to it..
deal with it..
the gameplay was pretty good in my opinion and i think bioware took the right step
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
I... did argue your point about gameplay? Re-read my post. It's called a level. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but when you play a game with levels there is a starting point and an end point. Ironically, the very franchise your signature is has levels. What do you do in Halo? You go from point A to point B while shooting bad guys. Sometimes you have to hit a switch and sometimes you have to escape some area, but in the end you are always going from point A to point B. What do you do in Mario? You go from point A to point B while usually killing bad guys. Sometimes you have a race, sometimes you have a puzzle, sometimes you just have to make hard jumps, but in the end you're always going from point A to point B. Welcome to linear gameplay.

You make no sense.

Quote :
You actually said it was untrue that SMG had a shitty storyline and now you're acting like you don't care. Im not saying SMG is a shit game its just heavily overrated by the nintendrones and thats a fact.
What? I said it was true SMG had a shitty storyline. Typo?

I don't care about the storyline because it is a gameplay first game. I say it again: a game does not need a storyline to be good.

Yes, Nintendrones hype it, but I agree with them when they say it's the best Mario game and one of the best ever made. Nintendrones are no different than Xbots and their Halo games or Biodrones and their Bioware games. Welcome to fanboyism.

Quote :
Its funny how you say you i can't argue yet all you did was bitching on MY OPINIONS.
I argued your reasoning, not that you dislike it. An opinion cannot be false, but it can be unreasonable, illogical and based on false premises.

Quote :
I for once think that mario has a really great potential for a huge storyline with twists since the mario universe is huge and has alot of originality with a huge fanbase. But nintendo is just lazy and you can't stand that
Soooo give me some examples. Let me know how you think you could suddenly turn a franchise that was not built for story into something storydriven. Let me know how it would make sense for Mario, Peach, Luigi and all of them to suddenly be living, breathing and deep characters.

I'll wait.

Quote :
I mean frogger has no storyline and is addicting. Just like call of duty. Get it? I mean seriously if you agree that its overrated then why do we even debate about it?
What does addiction have anything to do with what I said? What are you even saying here?

We're debating over your illogical reasoning, not that you dislike it or think it's overrated.

Metroid: Other M

:3

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:42 pm

@Pein
Compared to the previous titles in the franchise, it was dumbed down. The reason Dragon Age was so great was for it's somewhat-complex combat system. Dragon Age II is plenty different and become more of a third-person action game (Ala, God of War & Devil May Cry) instead of it being awesome like the first.

Also, by the fans? The fans HATED Dragon Age II.

EDIT: Too lazy for the fucking quote

Last edited by Hypnotoad on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:59 pm

You should probably change your post.

Overrated Games. - Page 3 2505020059

Or move them.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

But Metroid Other M was awful and a lot of what was bitched at WAS the story. Mainly Samus being a whiny cunt from what I hear.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
But Metroid Other M was awful and a lot of what was bitched at WAS the story. Mainly Samus being a whiny cunt from what I hear.

It wasn't that bad. It's just nothing compared to the Prime series. I'd give it a solid 8.5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I think the main point I'm getting at is:

Why does Mario need a storyline? He's iconic for what he is: a plump, semi-mute plumber who is always trying to get Peach back from Bowser. Giving him some depth kind of ruins what makes Mario... well, Mario.

They should leave Mario alone and just keep making good games (and stop milking with all the spin offs). Then devote some effort to a new IP where the foundation is the story, or at least a core part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:33 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pein
Compared to the previous titles in the franchise, it was dumbed down. The reason Dragon Age was so great was for it's somewhat-complex combat system. Dragon Age II is plenty different and become more of a third-person action game (Ala, God of War & Devil May Cry) instead of it being awesome like the first.

Also, by the fans? The fans HATED Dragon Age II.

EDIT: Too lazy for the fucking quote

lol ok if you are too lazy to quote..i know people that liked dragon age 2..the gameplay is not like god of war nor devil may cry..its completely different.just because you press a or x all the freaking time doesn't mean its like god of war nor devil may cry..maybe its your opinion but i dig the new combat system
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
I think the main point I'm getting at is:

Why does Mario need a storyline? He's iconic for what he is: a plump, semi-mute plumber who is always trying to get Peach back from Bowser. Giving him some depth kind of ruins what makes Mario... well, Mario.

They should leave Mario alone and just keep making good games (and stop milking with all the spin offs). Then devote some effort to a new IP where the foundation is the story, or at least a core part of the game.
Excactly my thoughts. However i think a backbone within the mario storyline wouldn't hurt but that my opinion. Razz I just think its super mario galaxy is overrated. I mean i also find halo reach overrated yet thats one of my favorite xbox 360 games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games.   Overrated Games. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated Games.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3