Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated

Go down 
+5
Jack the Spectre
Chobo
Azazel
Orc
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm

1. Serenity was better.
2. No Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne
3. Felt too much like a television show rather than an actual film.
4. The story was pretty average.
5. The majority of the movie takes place in the Helicarrier.
6. Hawkeye was a zombie through out half the movie.
7. Loki wasn't very threatening as a villain.
8. Samuel L. Jackson wasn't badass enough as Nick Fury.
9. No fight scene between Hulk and The Avengers.
10. Rather see a movie about The New Avengers instead.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

1. Serenity was better. - eh was decent. nothing special.
2. No Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne - k
3. Felt too much like a television show rather than an actual film. - Not really. Felt like average blockbuster
4. The story was pretty average. - Agreed.
5. The majority of the movie takes place in the Helicarrier - Not a bad thing. Allowed us to see the characters interact, which was compelling.
6. Hawkeye was a zombie through out half the movie. k
7. Loki wasn't very threatening as a villain. - I'll agree. He may have had an army but Avengers had a hulk.
8. Samuel L. Jackson wasn't badass enough as Nick Fury - fuck it who cares.
9. No fight scene between Hulk and The Avengers - Well.. there was one with Thor.
10. Rather see a movie about The New Avengers instead - nope.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm

I do agree that Loki went down in the most anti-climactic way possible, it was actually kind of a let down.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

1. And.......
2. Quit Crying
3. Nah, It felt like an ordinary Comic book movie just with more heroes.
4. it was decent. Nothing special
5. It's called funny character interaction. the movie can't be all action all the time.
6. Quit Crying
7. He was pretty good I thought.
8. Um, Yes he was.
9. Hulk vs Thor. That not good enough?
10. Really?

For what the movie was, It was really good. It is a bit overrated, But still a great movie none the less.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm

You can't expect it to be anything more than a blockbuster. As far as blockbusters go, it did everything right in its action, SFX, music, direction, etc. My big issue was with Joss Whedon's writing, which plagues all of his work. It just feels like he can't go five seconds without making a snarky joke and I find it obnoxious. It's why I think Firefly is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 pm

I don't think people understand what I meant about how it felt like a television show. I wasn't talking about the writing, but rather how the film was made. The movie was shot in 2K digital cameras with an aspect ratio of 1.85:1. I HATE that shit! That's basically how TV shows are shot. Movies are suppose to be shot on FILM. Yes, The Amazing Spider-Man was shot on digital as well. But at least it was shot in 5K with an aspect ratio of 2.39:1, so it will look better once you buy a 4KTV.

Shooting in 2K digital cameras is like using Unreal Engine 3 for PS4 games.

As for Samuel L. Jackson, I know it's not really a big deal but White Nick Fury was just a far better character.

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated Dbff9310
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Were you EXPECTING them to shoot on film? It's more expensive and less efficient.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

It's not THAT expensive. Even I can afford to buy a 35mm film if I wanted too. Also filming on film isn't THAT hard to use as some directors make it out to be. Look how Marc Webb is going back to film for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:30 am

I didn't say it was hard, but it's way more expensive AND inefficient compared to digital. Yeah, you could buy a 35mm reel of film, possibly multiple, but with film, every single time an actor messes up a line, the movie costs more and more. With digital, you can just keep shooting. Then there's the matter of paying to have the film developed, and with 35mm film, you won't know if you shot it correctly until you get the dailies the next day.

There is no benefit to using film beyond the aesthetic of the film itself. It's pretty easy to see why studios would be shying away from film, especially since a crisp film look won't greatly affect the film as a whole. For example, I saw The Avengers in digital and thought it was average. That wouldn't have changed if it was shot in 35mm film. I saw The Master in 70mm film print and loved it. I wouldn't have loved it a noticeable amount less if I had seen it in digital like most people did. I prefer film to digital, but it's never a major factor in my enjoyment of a film and it never should be.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:10 am

WTF!? I can't believe what I'm hearing. Of course digital is easy to work with. It's inferior to film. Digital is mostly used for television shows and direct DVD movies. Most movies that are shot in digital are in 2K resolution, how do you think that's going to look by the time we move over to 4K? With film you don't have this problem, because the resolution can go beyond that.

It's sad how directors like Marc Webb, Jonathan Liebesman, Jon M. Chu, and John Moore are still willing to shoot on film, yet a lot of the big name directors bitch about how complicated film is.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 am

Are you gonna disagree with ANYTHING I said? It's clearly inferior to film. That's not what makes it immensely easier and cheaper to use. Plus I guarantee you that studios wouldn't let those directors shoot in film if those guys couldn't pull a big profit back from the movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 am

That's not the point. Point is, a lot of small directors are still willing to shoot on film. So shooing on film isn't as complicated as it's made out to be. And if it is, then so what? If a director is not willing to put more effort for better quality then he's lazy.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

It's not laziness. The ones that don't use it are the ones that believe that a simple visual upgrade is not worth all of the production trouble that film provides. And my point in the earlier post fits right into this. The big blockbuster directors that use film are the ones who have enough financial backing. Is a director who uses digital lazy simply because they don't have it in the budget?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm talking about directors like James Cameron, Peter Jackson, George Lucas, David Fincher, etc. Big name directors who switched over to digital, yet small directors like Marc Webb, Jonathan Liebesman, Jon M. Chu, and John Moore still rather shoot on film. That's the point.

Also not believing it's worth the visual upgrade is going to come back to bite em' in the ass, since 4K is becoming the standard. That's what Hollywood gets for being cheap.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 pm

But 4K is a digital format so how is that a problem for the digital filmmakers?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Stupid reasons to bitch
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm

@Jack

Because most movies shot in digital are in 2K, and still continue to shoot in that resolution. How do you think they're going to look on a 4KTV? I mean I'm sure it's still going to look good and all, but it might also look a bit too video-ish compare to other movies. Film doesn't have this problem because the resolution is beyond 4K.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 pm

My problem doesn't lie with the movie's story (Or the lack of), because, again, it's not a story-filled blockbuster - And it's not supposed to be. But when I see (Or hear) massive praise about a movie that is nothing more but popcorn, then I have a problem. It's not that it's bad; It's that it gets PRAISED for being bad. That's my problem.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Jack

Because most movies shot in digital are in 2K, and still continue to shoot in that resolution. How do you think they're going to look on a 4KTV? I mean I'm sure it's still going to look good and all, but it might also look a bit too video-ish compare to other movies. Film doesn't have this problem because the resolution is beyond 4K.
Well, 4KTV's aren't even standard. And 4K is creeping into film. Again, I don't care terribly about resolution.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:42 pm

So what are you going to do when 4K does become the standard and your favorite movies shot in 2K don't look as good? I don't care about resolution THAT much either, but how can you as a film buff pretend to not care? Fucking black and white films from the 1920s have higher resolution than 2K.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
So what are you going to do when 4K does become the standard and your favorite movies shot in 2K don't look as good? I don't care about resolution THAT much either, but how can you as a film buff pretend to not care? Fucking black and white films from the 1920s have higher resolution than 2K.
As a film buff, I care more about the movie itself. But by the time 4K becomes standard, we could probably be shooting in 4K and can always restore movies that aren't 2K, much like we have time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 am

Dude, there is a lot of movies already being shot on digital 4K cameras. The Amazing Spider-Man, The Hobbit, The Social Network, etc. Yet, Hollywood still continues to shoot in 2K because they're fucking cheap.

There is no way you can defend 2K when 4K already exist.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm

If you ask me, The Avengers was quite an ambitious project and it failed to become what it was meant to become.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:38 pm

I wasn't even expecting much of it to begin with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated   Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Reasons Why The Avengers Was Overrated
Page 1 of 1