Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises

Go down 
+5
ArchAngel
yonny616
Chobo
Orc
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Firstly Fable isn't overrated. They are only overrated by Molyneux.... but the audience always recognize it being nowhere near as good.

Angry Birds... I'll agree with OP, it is shit and DOES NOT deserve any love at all. It's a fucking MINIGAME stretched out with fuck loads of merchandise. It sucks. The only reason its so popular is because it is the stock game that parents have on their phone and let their kids play while they are driving them from school.

Kingdom Hearts.... no one's denying what the video makers saying... everyone acknowledges the fact that the characters make it so compelling.

His arguments against MGS are stupid. MGS has a deep storyline on so many levels, is quirky, unique and memorable. I didn't like Sons Of Liberty though.

FINALLY! Yes Grand Theft Auto. I loved it as a kid.... now there's little quality to be found. and he's right, they've only added "better graphics" to each subsequent game. That is it.

Yeah Sonic has become a bit too iconic and the games were never amazing...oh, except Sonic Adventure!!!!

Yeah I guess Final Fantasy's love is morely due to nostalgia but some games are incredible. IX and VII Crisis Core are amazing. VII? Definitely overrated, ye.

Assassins Creed... ehh I think it deserves the hype because they are games of such a unique and hard-hitting style. THere's something so special about them... at least there was until they milked teh shit out of them. All we needed was 1 and 2 this generation. And 3 IF UTTERLY NECESSARY. As for Brotherhood and Revelations? THat's a joke! They should have just been expansions/DLC.

Halo... Zeratul's gonna kill me but Halo has SHIT campaigns. Anyone who says otherwise either has bad taste in games, is easily pleased or gets a lot of nostalgia from the games. Seriously... waves of enemies... bang bang bang. Occasionally drive a vehicle. That is the game in a nutshell. There's nothing remotely interesting or special about it. What makes Halo good is the multiplayer, and sometimes the soundtrack. Overrated as fuck, but some of the best multiplayer ever.

COD... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Question. Why the fuck is this not on the list:

Uncharted

Tomb Raider revamped with a male protagonist and more realistic (if less dynamic) gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

I'd have swapped out Assassins Creed with Elder Scrolls.

EDIT: Scratch that, I'd remove Fable, because nobody really overrates the fable series Aside from its creator. Elder Scrolls is #1, everything else moves down one.

Last edited by Chobo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Elder Scrolls should have been in that list. Most overrated games ever made.

Also the word overrated is overused.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Neutral

This list really stupid and so is Lykos's comment on Halo...Thats all I have to say....
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Elder Scrolls should have been in the Top 10.

Sonic should have been lower.

Fable shouldn't be in the list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I feel like people who hate on Angry Birds never really gave it a shot. "HERP DERP IT'S CASUAL AND POPULAR SO IT MUST SUCK." No, it's addictive and a good way to kill time. Of course it's going to suck if you compare it to more hardcore games, but for 99 cents, it's a lot of content and a lot of fun. And you can say they're rehashing them over and over, but they do actually make changes to the formula.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 pm

^
Bro... regardless of price, it is just a minigame. It's fun for under 5 minutes and no more. It is no better nor worse than Doodle Jump and whatever other simple games got really popular.

The fact that it's one of the most popular games these days (at least the most common one to see displayed and with merchandise of) is stupid!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 pm

It's popular because it knows its audience. You're not meant to take time aside to play it. It's meant for car rides or maybe when your teacher is giving a boring lecture or maybe when you need to kill time in a waiting room. Saying it's a small game is a dumb argument, especially since, again, it only costs a dollar. And given how many levels there are, a dollar is a really good price.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Doesn't stop it being overrated though does it?!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 am

the only game i dont agree with on that list is MGS.

TES needs to be on there though
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Firstly Fable isn't overrated. They are only overhyped by Molyneux.... but the audience always recognize it being nowhere near as good.
FIXED!

yonny616 wrote:
Elder Scrolls should have been in that list. Most overrated games ever made.
Point taken, I don't disagree with them being on the list, but seriously, man, "Most overrated games ever made"?
Care to specify the reasons?

Sawed-Off-Orc wrote:
Question. Why the fuck is this not on the list:

Uncharted

Tomb Raider revamped with a male protagonist and more realistic (if less dynamic) gFameplay.
My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 am

Elder Scrolls is never overrated. They are some of the best games ever. I'll admit Skyrim got more hype than it deserved however, because Oblivion was and still is better.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:36 pm

1. Elder Scrolls....JK

I agree that almost all of those belonged on the list accept for Final Fantasy. I like that they're making combat more complicated. So it takes more skill now, and the graphics are soooo much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises   Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Overrated Video Game Franchises
Page 1 of 1