Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Franchise Is More Overrated?

Go down 
+19
Jack the Spectre
Franko
Hydell
Arnav
Archduke
NoelX2
Azazel
The Enkindler
yonny616
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
ghost23
Chobo
Gutzahn
TheJubJub5721
Shigdig
Mecha
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which franchise is more overrated?
 Halo
 Uncharted
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? Empty
PostSubject: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Since people love to complain about both franchises, I would like to see which one is more overrated.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 pm

I voted Halo cause I'm a PS3 fanboy.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Where is the both option?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:52 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

The title clearly says which franchise is more overrated. NOT which franchise is overrated. If I were to add both then there would be no point in voting.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Mecha wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

The title clearly says which franchise is more overrated. NOT which franchise is overrated. If I were to add both then there would be no point in voting.

There would, because they both kinda suck Which Franchise Is More Overrated? 725796345
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Halo, since uncharted is in my eyes underrated.
Im dead serious .
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:10 pm

I have to say Halo.

After ODST, I was never really interested in Halo anymore.

Reach just didn't cut it for me.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
Im dead serious .

:?: :?:
97 on metacritic, GOTY from the majority of reputable sources is underrated?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:49 am

Halo is more overrated in the sense that it has more fans than it probably deserves.

Uncharted is more overrated in the sense that every player ignores how average it is, and claims it is one of the best games ever.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:03 am

How's Uncharted an average game? You CLEARLY don't seem to care about Graphics, story, character development, plot nor anything that isn't straight up gameplay :/

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 am

Look at all the things that Halo has done for gaming. The innovation doesn't necessarily have to be brand new, but it made it the best version and popularised many aspects of gaming people take for granted.

Halo CE:
Basically invented FPS on console with a dual stick shooter (Controls)

Halo 2:
Revolutionised online multiplayer for consoles.

Halo 3:
Revolutionised map editors and saved films/theatre for consoles.

Halo also has some of the most consistent level design in the industry. The beach storm on Silent Cartographer is still one of the most memorable gaming encounters for me.
You can say Halo is shit as much as you want, but it is ignorant to ignore what it has done for the industry. Every shooting game that you play on current generation consoles has some roots that tie back to Halo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:41 am

I agree with ghost. While both halo and uncharted are both very huge overhyped games halo deserves all the credit it gets.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 am

ghost23 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:
Im dead serious .

:?: :?:
97 on metacritic, GOTY from the majority of reputable sources is underrated?

Jeeze, I mean reviews = our opinions. We should ALL know this.

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 am

ghost23 wrote:
Look at all the things that Halo has done for gaming. The innovation doesn't necessarily have to be brand new, but it made it the best version and popularised many aspects of gaming people take for granted.

Halo CE:

Halo 2:

Halo 3:

Halo also has some of the most consistent level design in the industry. The beach storm on Silent Cartographer is still one of the most memorable gaming encounters for me.
You can say Halo is shit as much as you want, but it is ignorant to ignore what it has done for the industry. Every shooting game that you play on current generation consoles has some roots that tie back to Halo.

So basically, Halo took what every PC FPS had at the time and put it on consoles. That's like me taking something from Europe and creating it in America. UBERREVOLUTIONARY.

Halo is an excellent franchise, but people need to stop acting like it was the first great FPS evaaaaaaaaar.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Halo didn't revolutionize the FPS genre on consoles

Goldeneye did that.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Halo Reach-- 91 Metacritic. Great game; lots of replay value; co-op modes; bang for buck

Uncharted 2-- 96 Metacritic. Great campaign; barebones MP; no co-op; No real incentive to keep playing.

It's pretty obvious which game is more overrated.

ghost23 wrote:

Halo CE:

Halo 2:

Halo 3:

Seriously why do people hate you so much? Is it because you make so much god damn sense?

But seriously everyone is just voting based on which game they like more. Overrated games can still be better than underrated. For example..Let's say Halo Reach really deserved like an 85 and Uncharted 2 deserved like an 88. Well then that would mean Uncharted 2 is overrated by 8 points more than it should have deserved, but still would mean it's a better quality game. Halo Reach is closer to it's deserved score, but overall worse. That could be one hypothetical situation where the better game is actually overrated. (Just a hypothetical situation, TBH I don't think UC2 is better in anyway).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

@ Alan

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? Genera10
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 pm

What did I say that was incredibly fanboyish? Most people here just picked a certain game and put "CUZ LIKE IT'S BETTER MMKAY." I bet you didn't even read my post.

Seriously did you just make this thread to call me out?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Alanski wrote:
Halo Reach-- 91 Metacritic. Great game; lots of replay value; co-op modes; bang for buck

Uncharted 2-- 96 Metacritic. Great campaign; barebones MP; no co-op; No real incentive to keep playing.

ghost23 wrote:

Halo CE:

Halo 2:

Halo 3:

Seriously why do people hate you so much? Is it because you make so much god damn sense?

But seriously everyone is just voting based on which game they like more. Overrated games can still be better than underrated. For example..Let's say Halo Reach really deserved like an 85 and Uncharted 2 deserved like an 88. Well then that would mean Uncharted 2 is overrated by 8 points more than it should have deserved, but still would mean it's a better quality game. Halo Reach is closer to it's deserved score, but overall worse. That could be one hypothetical situation where the better game is actually overrated. (Just a hypothetical situation, TBH I don't think UC2 is better in anyway).
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Did you really call me a fanboy for that specific reason? He clearly has a good point. Everything he said on that post is true. Hence why you are unable to debunk any of it but instead just call him (and anyone that agrees with him) a fanboy.

Don't make a thread asking people which game they think is more overrated and then call certain people out for answering your question. It makes you look like an ass. Call anyone else a fanboy again and this thread will be locked and you will be banned for attempted flame baiting.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Alanski wrote:

Uncharted 2-- 96 Metacritic. Amazing campaign; Awesome MP; co-op modes; A lot of incentive to keep playing.

ghost23 wrote:

Halo CE:

Halo 2:

Halo 3:

There fixed it. Seriously Alan did you bother playing Uncharted 2? Because if I remember correctly it does have co-op. Probably not for the campaign, but it does have co-op.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:43 pm

I play UC2. I meant split screen co-op. Sorry should have specified. And yea the MP is barebones, especially compared to Reach... UC2 definitely didn't get all it's praise from the MP mode.

BTW, can you explain the difference between a great campaign and an amazing campaign? Great for me means as good as it can realistically get.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:57 pm

I will admit that UC2's online was barebones, but it is still a hell of a lot of fun. I found myself still playing the online in that game even when Halo Reach was out. An amazing campaign is a campaign that is so good, it is worth playing through again. And the campaign in Uncharted 2 is indeed amazing that's worth playing through again.

Reach's online for me got very boring, very fast. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't get into it like Halo 2 and 3. I know there's alot there, but it just didn't click for me. And while the campaign is better then Halo 3 and ODST's campaign, It has nothing on UC2.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:58 pm

chobo500 wrote:
I will admit that UC2's online was barebones, but it is still a hell of a lot of fun. I found myself still playing the online in that game even when Halo Reach was out. An amazing campaign is a campaign that is so good, it is worth playing through again. And the campaign in Uncharted 2 is indeed amazing that's worth playing through again.

Reach's online for me got very boring, very fast. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't get into it like Halo 2 and 3. I know there's alot there, but it just didn't click for me. And while the campaign is better then Halo 3 and ODST's campaign, It has nothing on UC2.

It's those fucking armor lock fags. I hate them so much. Admittingly I play custom games a lot more than matchmaking.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:02 pm

CC, stop starting flame wars!
And yes, they are both overrated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Franchise Is More Overrated?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next