Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.

Go down 
+7
Bluenose
Orc
RamboOnRedBull
Archduke
Chobo
Stoney
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. Empty
PostSubject: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Post here the games you think used to be great but have become lackluster and mediocre/bad with the newer installs.

- Crash Bandicoot
- Spyro
- Harry potter games
- Sonic (although they redeemed themself with colors and generations)
- Pokemon (though that's just nostalgia speaking)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Resistance
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Mass Effect
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Halo
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Call of Duty
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 am

Duke wrote:
Call of Duty

You thought Call of Duty was great before? :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 am

Chobo wrote:
Halo

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOg3jMIIU4PPItyCBKOvzEtZ9rnQbVIz10sPxTnecYy6c1ZqbdhQ
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Post here the games you think used to be great but have become lackluster and mediocre/bad with the newer installs.
- Harry potter games

This. :'( Chamber of Secrets was fantastic, even Prisoner of Azkaban on console. The new ones are dull. They even got rid of the long cloaks. Bitches love long cloaks.

Also

Mass Effect - like some of the new additions but the bad outweighs the good. I miss the rpg elements and the massive exploration
The Elder Scrolls - I loved Oblivion to death, and while Skyrim is still a great game.. I sorely missed the epic-sized cities
Broken Sword - the games always were and still are great, but the translation to 3D took away what gave it character in the first place
Heroes of Might & Magic - the newer games are dull. I still just go back to the first 3 games because after 4 it just went horribly downhill
Super Smash Bros - Brawl felt like nothing new and some new features ruined it. It also didn't have the excitement factor as SSBM did
Dragon Age - need I explain?
Assassins Creed - AC3 looks phenomenal and I can't wait to get it... but at the same time my favourite is still the first, because of its setting and protagonist
Grand Theft Auto - I don't know what they were thinking with GTA IV. It's been well over a decade since GTA 1 was launched and they've still not made a single improvement aside from graphics and animation
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Ratchet and Clank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Command and Conquer
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Heroes of Might & Magic
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:57 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Heroes of Might & Magic

Can I kiss you?

Heroes 1-3 = awesomesauce.

After that it's a bit of a let down.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Lykos wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Heroes of Might & Magic

Can I kiss you?

Heroes 1-3 = awesomesauce.

After that it's a bit of a let down.

Yeah, I still find Heroes of Might & Magic III to be the best one. Even Might & Magic V - While it was decent - wasn't anywhere near as good as the older ones. And don't get me started on the horrible Might & Magic IV Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. 2590470549
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

yeah after 3 it's like.... meh. IV is the better than 5 I think (at least easier to get into), but 6 I've not played yet.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah, I haven't played the 6th one either. Though, with the way the series has gone for the last few installments....Meh, I'll just stick to Might & Magic III :happyalone:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:12 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Yeah, I haven't played the 6th one either. Though, with the way the series has gone for the last few installments....Meh, I'll just stick to Might & Magic III :happyalone:

Same bro. And to be fair it's got such amazing replay value it never gets old. Seriously I've been playing it for 12 years and still hop onto it from time to time.

I've only just started using map editor
Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. QUjmx
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh yeah, I totally forgot all about the Map editor :derp:

Man, I remember spending hours on end with that editor. Shit made for awesome moments.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Yeah bro. Great fun. I made one with a maze Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. 2505020059 Of course you can make your way through it easily because of the auto-movement but when an enemy's approaching it takes a few turns to get the fuck out of that maze and back to your stronghold.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 am

I'll try to make this sort and sweet(:lie:), because in the end I'll brutally murder someone:

Begin:

- Crash Bandicoot = Once my childhood, now ruined by Activision (Yeah, Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant suck, Get @ me Lykos!). :lulzsec:

- Spyro = Same as above, now ruined by Activision (Bobby Kotick, eat my shit!). Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. 21888

- Soul Calibur = A great and unique fighting series only to have a rather lacking fifth installment (Where is Zasalamel, Talim, Seong-Mina and the side modes that made your games great?). Neutral

- Ninja Gaiden = A once brutal and challenging series that are now turned into a light experience for casuals with the third installment (Techmo, I thirst for blood now, and I have my sights on You!). Twisted Evil

- Ace Combat = A series of dogfight games that all had an anti-war message, now turned into a Pro-Americanism abomination with the seventh installment (Really now, Namco? No superweapons?). Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. 2590470549

- Ratchet and Clank = I won't really criticize Insomniac for the sudden change of music in the Future series, but seriously on All 4 One: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY FURRY LOMBAX'S HEAD? Surprised

- Fable = It used to be one of the greatest RPGs out there, and it turned into a turd with each new release by Peter Molyneux, and Fable: The Journey, SUCKS! I love you

- Mass Effect = A series that I used to love until the last 5 minutes of the third installment (Bioware, SHAME ON YOU, my Shepard sacrificed everything for the Galaxy and it was all in vain, and EA, I hope you go bankrupt...).
:thisissparta:

:End
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:14 am

Command and Conquer(SCREW YOU EA!!!)

Ratchet and Clank
Up your Arsenal was my most favorite PS2 game yet after that, I felt the series went downhill. Deadlock was alright, size matters sucked and the future trilogy doesnt feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am

BEYONDinFamous wrote:
Oh yeah, I totally forgot all about the Map editor :derp:

Man, I remember spending hours on end with that editor. Shit made for awesome moments.

Soooo lets play HOMMIII online
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:24 am

lol, Nice thread revivial. Razz

Though, as much I would, I can't find my copy of the game anymore. I can't even remember where I last saw it. :scratch:

I will probably search for it a bit later, though.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:27 am

BEYONDinFamous wrote:
lol, Nice thread revivial. Razz

Though, as much I would, I can't find my copy of the game anymore. I can't even remember where I last saw it. :scratch:

I will probably search for it a bit later, though.

haha I've got two copies (probably 3 if my sister's copy is downstairs). Let me send you one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Mass Effect
Fallout
Bioshock
Elder Scrolls
Demon Souls
Mario
Killzone
Battlefield
Halo
Gears of War
God of War
Fable
Forza
Gran Turismo
Tomb Raider
Uncharted
Mario
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Orion wrote:
Mass Effect
Fallout
Bioshock
Elder Scrolls
Demon Souls
Mario
Killzone
Battlefield
Halo
Gears of War
God of War
Fable
Forza
Gran Turismo
Tomb Raider
Uncharted
Mario

I think Oblivion was TES peak, Killzone I heard got better but I haven't played the newer games myself. I did enjoy 1 though. Halo got better with age I think. Forza got better in my opinion. The rest I can agree with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.   Games you feel haven't been the same anymore. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games you feel haven't been the same anymore.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next