Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why sales don't matter anymore

Go down 
+6
RamboOnRedBull
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Angelus
Mecha
Orc
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why sales don't matter anymore Empty
PostSubject: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Damage control? Hell no.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why sales don't matter anymore R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Excuses, excuses. Nintendo and SEGA have been around longer than PlayStation, but that didn't stop PlayStation from dominating now has it. Xbox had an excuse for not overthrowing PlayStation in the last two gens. But Xbox is a big boy now. So if they still can't beat PlayStation with an already establish brand and franchise like Halo, which sells more than any other PlayStation exclusive except for Gran Turismo, is pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Why sales don't matter anymore ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 am

Xbox would probably be dominating if Micro$oft wasn't constantly trying to shove their bullshit down people's throats.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 pm

^ their bullshit? Like what, must-have AAA exclusives?

Mecha wrote:
Excuses, excuses. Nintendo and SEGA have been around longer than PlayStation, but that didn't stop PlayStation from dominating now has it. Xbox had an excuse for not overthrowing PlayStation in the last two gens. But Xbox is a big boy now. So if they still can't beat PlayStation with an already establish brand and franchise like Halo, which sells more than any other PlayStation exclusive except for Gran Turismo, is pathetic.

lol excuses, excuses.

My point was not just that they've been around longer but the fact that they BEASTED. I'm not saying it was just the time they'd been about, although that's a contributing factor, I'm saying they sold 150 MILLION PS2'S ALONE, not even including PS1 sales. Everyone expected the same success.

Oh Halo alone can make the Xbox One sell? I thought PS4 had SO many more must have exclusives? I thought PS4 was far superior? So why WOULD the Xbox One sell as well eh? I love you
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:55 pm

^^

Microsoft has must-have AAA exclusives other than Halo...?

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:28 pm

If Microsoft didn't invest so much into stupid shit like Kinect then they would be dominating every market except for Japan.

They ultimately have more money to throw into R&D, 3rd party exclusives, and software services. I will say though that MS has been improving and Sony is getting a little too comfortable with their PS4 launch success to the point where they are barely doing squat shit.

Even the PS3, which was infamous for it's "lack of games" early on, had more quality titles in its first year than the PS4. So step the fuck up Sony.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why sales don't matter anymore Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

My point was not just that they've been around longer but the fact that they BEASTED. I'm not saying it was just the time they'd been about, although that's a contributing factor, I'm saying they sold 150 MILLION PS2'S ALONE, not even including PS1 sales. Everyone expected the same success.

Oh Halo alone can make the Xbox One sell? I thought PS4 had SO many more must have exclusives? I thought PS4 was far superior? So why WOULD the Xbox One sell as well eh? I love you

That's Mecha for you. Fetching for arguments to make himself look cool.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Sorry, but your little "excuses, excuses" remark doesn't work on me. Since I'm not making up any excuses as to why the PlayStation brand didn't do as good last gen at all. Where as you seem to keep babying the Xbox brand. Well sorry to break it to you, but the Xbox brand isn't young anymore. It's three generations old. So making up an excuse saying that the Xbox One is a 12 year old or something is kinda sad.

As for Halo making the Xbox One sell, it's true. It doesn't matter if PS4 has more exclusives, Halo makes way more money than any other PlayStation IP. We don't buy our games, remember? eye roll
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:12 pm

you did in the 6th gen tho lol
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Sorry, but your little "excuses, excuses" remark doesn't work on me. Since I'm not making up any excuses as to why the PlayStation brand didn't do as good last gen at all. Where as you seem to keep babying the Xbox brand. Well sorry to break it to you, but the Xbox brand isn't young anymore. It's three generations old. So making up an excuse saying that the Xbox One is a 12 year old or something is kinda sad.

As for Halo making the Xbox One sell, it's true. It doesn't matter if PS4 has more exclusives, Halo makes way more money than any other PlayStation IP. We don't buy our games, remember? eye roll

What happened to: "B-b-but xbox got a year headstartz! PS3 IS MOORE EXPENSIVE!!!" You're baby'ing the PS brand yourself, you fucking hypocrite. Why sales don't matter anymore 725796345
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Didn't even know console wars, or rather, fanboys of any console were still rampant lol.

Having watched the video -- your 20 year old vs 12 year old argument doesn't work. At all. Maybe if the 12 year old had a shitton more cash and resources to higher the ghost of Bruce Lee to personally teach him since he was an infant.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

6th generation? What? What the hell are you talking about?

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

What happened to: "B-b-but xbox got a year headstartz! PS3 IS MOORE EXPENSIVE!!!" You're baby'ing the PS brand yourself, you fucking hypocrite. Why sales don't matter anymore 725796345

Where did I make excuses like those anywhere in this thread? Oh that's right, I didn't. Nice try though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Where did I make excuses like those anywhere in this thread? Oh that's right, I didn't. Nice try though.

You can't be that fucking dumb Why sales don't matter anymore 725796345

HURR DUUR I NEVER SAID DAT IN THIS EXACT FRED SO IT DOEZNT COUNT DUUR HURR
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:18 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Blabbering
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Blabbering

Mecha wrote:
Sorry, but your little "excuses, excuses" remark doesn't work on me. 

>Makes an 'argument' against remarks
>Uses one to not look like a complete idiot

:kirino:
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Phantom, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance the night away

Good thing sales mattered then but don't now. Sure is convinient for a fanboy mind. And don't talk about MLD in a way that isn't negativ, people like that are a scourge to gaming as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:26 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Blabbering

Mecha wrote:

Difference is, I'm not coming up with stupid reasons like saying, my console isn't doing as good because it's 12 years old. eye roll
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Blabbering

Mecha wrote:

Difference is, I'm not coming up with stupid reasons like saying, my console isn't doing as good because it's 12 years old. eye roll

You're still being a huge hypocrite. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:43 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Blabbering

Mecha wrote:

Even IF I made that excuse last-gen, that still isn't relevant this gen. Just like how Xbox being the little guy last-gen, is no longer an excuse this gen.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Mecha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Mecha wrote:

lol excuses, excuses.

Blabbering

Mecha wrote:

Even IF I made that excuse last-gen, that still isn't relevant this gen. Just like how Xbox being the little guy last-gen, is no longer an excuse this gen.

You made the excuse and then made fun of Lykos for the same mentality. That's as relevantly hypocritical as you can get.

BTW, you also dismissed Lykos' comment because of his remarks, and then you used remarks yourself when you had nothing to counter with. That's hypocritical, too. And it happened as of today. Why sales don't matter anymore 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:11 pm

@Rambo Doesn't matter. I'm no longer making those same excuses anymore, but Lykos still is. That's the point.

Also like I said before, I have made no excuses in this thread. So those remarks don't work on me. I made those same remarks on Lykos because he IS making up excuses.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Didn't even know console wars, or rather, fanboys of any console were still rampant lol.

Having watched the video -- your 20 year old vs 12 year old argument doesn't work. At all. Maybe if the 12 year old had a shitton more cash and resources to higher the ghost of Bruce Lee to personally teach him since he was an infant.

haha thought I'd contribute to bringing back the entertainment the console war brings. I mean just look in this thread XD this is what I love to see!

The 20 year old/12 year old argument works I think. Microsoft just got lucky with the 360. Like a 12 year old MIGHT have gotten lucky and struck the 20 year old in the balls, and of course it doesn't last, the 20 year old eventually recovers and takes the 12 y/o out!
Then the next fight the 20 year old knows to protect his balls and so slaps the 12 year old around. And people are surprised for some reason...

I don't know... maybe it doesn't work. I just like the kinds of "discussion" :airquote: it creates!
Just look at how mad Mecha is Why sales don't matter anymore 457301478
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Now see, Lykos, this is why your argument is flawed. Because you like to brag how much better Xbox did than PlayStation, but once PlayStaion does better you go, B-B-B-BUT XBOX IZ 12 YRS OLD! Why sales don't matter anymore 725796345
So are you going to make that same argument again next-gen? Because the PlayStation brand is ALWAYS going to be older than the Xbox brand.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:

haha thought I'd contribute to bringing back the entertainment the console war brings. I mean just look in this thread XD this is what I love to see!

The 20 year old/12 year old argument works I think. Microsoft just got lucky with the 360. Like a 12 year old MIGHT have gotten lucky and struck the 20 year old in the balls, and of course it doesn't last, the 20 year old eventually recovers and takes the 12 y/o out!
Then the next fight the 20 year old knows to protect his balls and so slaps the 12 year old around. And people are surprised for some reason...

I don't know... maybe it doesn't work. I just like the kinds of "discussion" :airquote:  it creates!
Just look at how mad Mecha is Why sales don't matter anymore 457301478

Yeah man, always appreciate the content no matter what.

I think the 360's success was due to releasing early while also Sony failing early (sounds familiar? Happened this gen too). Sony fucked up big time with the price tag, while MS played off their strengths -- it was cheaper, accessible, and was building off the success of arguably the most important game of the previous generation -- HALO 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why sales don't matter anymore   Why sales don't matter anymore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why sales don't matter anymore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next