Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]

Go down 
+13
Mikenuge
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Pein
Chobo
Ihsahn
Stoney
Orc
igame
Hydell
Based Sonji
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:01 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Well no shit they aren't gonna come out and admit they plagiarized.

That sounds an awful lot like plagiarism to me. Especially considering that there is an actual game coming out that's based on the book.

It's fucking plagiarism, I don't see why you keep trying to defend them. It's just like with HG Wells and Led Zeppelin. They stole their best works yet you still defend them. They're frauds.
What? They come out and said that the game is heavily inspired by the book. THAT'S NOT PLAGIARISM. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Not only that, but Naughty Dog created new, fully-fleshed out, three-dimensional characters to accompany the adventure serial-inspired story.

I don't see why you're trying to make Naughty Dog appear to be plagiarists when they stole absolutely nothing. It's like if I write an essay and use a book as a reference. If I don't cite the reference, it's technically plagiarism, but if I do cite it then it's not.

Could you give me a link to this article? I wanna read it.

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:08 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Stop going off-topic.

BlackStigma and DukeNukem, go take your fanboyism somewhere else.

Hey I said Uncharted 2 was plagiarized, that's not fanboyism that's fact.

I could say it's fact that PC is better than consoles but that doesn't necessarily make it true. It is different enough to not be considered plagiarism. For it to be plagiarism, it would have to be pretty much the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:14 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Stop going off-topic.

I could say it's fact that PC is better than consoles but that doesn't necessarily make it true. It is different enough to not be considered plagiarism. For it to be plagiarism, it would have to be pretty much the exact same thing.

You either have not read Lost Horizon or you don't know what plagiarism is.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:17 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Stop going off-topic.

So it's exactly the same? Give or take the characters name and such?

Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Well there's a universal agreement that Microsoft blows. Don't have to be a fanboy to see that.

Thats what im wondering. People often see microsoft as satan but nobody has ever given me a reason why they are. I mean bill gates has only done good to the world and microsoft is one of those companies that always satisfies whenever its hardware or software (except for vista)
Bill Gates isn't MS. And Microsoft has a loooooong history of unsatisfaction when it comes to hardware and software.
EG: 360 hardware failures, Vista and XP.

Woah woah woah, XP? A failure? You fucking stupid? That is probably the best OS to date. /offtopic

So anyways....uncharted 2 is overrated...
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Derp sorry meant $60/year.

Point is why the fuck should I pay $60? Why do I need to pay for features I get for free? The argument "oh it's only a small fee" is ignorant and why developers get away with charging for shitty DLC. Why should you pay for it? I don't pay for those features on my PC and to a lesser degree PSN (no cross game chat lol@Sony)

Hell, why did the PC version of L4D2 get free DLC and the 360 one didn't?

M$ is bad stuff. Very bad stuff. At least their OS is solid, but I guess that's more so the fact that OS X is awful and Linux is counterintuitive for me.

Dude this is typical ignorance... If your gonna hate a company over such a small thing then i can make up a million evil companies. Its not like microsoft is forcing you to pay. Its your own opinion if you don't like to pay some money for a superior online console then don't blame microsoft. But im just going to shut up after this reply because i don't want this to end like stigma and duke.
Just because other companies do it doesn't mean M$ can either. There are plenty of other companies that do it too and I hate them just as much.

But yeah, Uncharted 2... I'm wondering if UC3 will get GOTY and shit like 2 did. It'd be hard to top it. Might just be beating a dead horse.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:02 pm

It will not get UC3. If that happens the it's the end of gaming as we know it.

UC2 doesn't even deserve GOTY and it hardly had much competition that year anyways.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Stop going off-topic.

So it's exactly the same? Give or take the characters name and such?

Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Well there's a universal agreement that Microsoft blows. Don't have to be a fanboy to see that.

Thats what im wondering. People often see microsoft as satan but nobody has ever given me a reason why they are. I mean bill gates has only done good to the world and microsoft is one of those companies that always satisfies whenever its hardware or software (except for vista)
Bill Gates isn't MS. And Microsoft has a loooooong history of unsatisfaction when it comes to hardware and software.

Woah woah woah, XP? A failure? You fucking stupid? That is probably the best OS to date. /offtopic

So anyways....uncharted 2 is overrated...

Once again, you read my sentence wrong. Where the fuck did I say failure about XP? I said it brought unsatisfaction. Remember when it launched, there where many problems and bugs leading to customer unsatisfaction. I don't know why you seem to see invisible words in my posts..
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Teckno wrote:

Once again, you read my sentence wrong. Where the fuck did I say failure about XP? I said it brought unsatisfaction. Remember when it launched, there where many problems and bugs leading to customer unsatisfaction. I don't know why you seem to see invisible words in my posts..

Quote :

Has a long history of unsatisfaction....EG: 360 hardware, vista AND XP

Read your own words first
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Quote :

Has a long history of unsatisfaction....EG: 360 hardware, vista AND XP

Read your own words first
Thank you for repeating what I just said. I didn't say XP was a failure. I have no fuckin idea what you're getting at.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Uncharted 2 was simply a big step up from the first one, no one really saw it coming, and it didn't have much competition that year, i can see why it got GOTY so many times.

This year tho, i really doubt it will get it, theres a lot of awesome games coming out this year. Its most likely to go to a multiplatfrom game since a lot of awesome ones are coming out this year.

I really want The Last Guardian to get GOTY tho, i can't think of any other game this year that deserves it more. Fumito Ueda is a genius.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 am

igame wrote:
Uncharted 2 was simply a big step up from the first one, no one really saw it coming, and it didn't have much competition that year, i can see why it got GOTY so many times.

This year tho, i really doubt it will get it, theres a lot of awesome games coming out this year. Its most likely to go to a multiplatfrom game since a lot of awesome ones are coming out this year.

I really want The Last Guardian to get GOTY tho, i can't think of any other game this year that deserves it more. Fumito Ueda is a genius.

@The Last Guardian

That man creates art like no other developer in the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:41 pm

I need to watch some of the TLG trailers.

What's the game about anyways?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Just look it up. You'll appreciate it more when you see it, I think.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:03 am

ico and shadow of the colossus in my opinion were way too overrated..ico on the other hand is a very annoying game..the storyline is basically like a japanese anime and how a boy tries to save a princess and he has to look out for her while shadowy creatures try to grab her..half the fucking time..they will grab her.its a okay game..while shadow of the colossus is a interesting game but you do the same shit through the whole fucking game..find a weak spot and kill the beast but every beast is different.i hate puzzle games and i think both of these games to me were okay and i think they were overrated,the last guardian looks almost the same thing.flame me if you want but thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Pein wrote:
ico and shadow of the colossus in my opinion were way too overrated..ico on the other hand is a very annoying game..the storyline is basically like a japanese anime and how a boy tries to save a princess and he has to look out for her while shadowy creatures try to grab her..half the fucking time..they will grab her.its a okay game..while shadow of the colossus is a interesting game but you do the same shit through the whole fucking game..find a weak spot and kill the beast but every beast is different.i hate puzzle games and i think both of these games to me were okay and i think they were overrated,the last guardian looks almost the same thing.flame me if you want but thats my opinion

You can have your own opinion...

But no offense, your opinion sucks, brah.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Thats cool and all, but when your 16 and you have an opinion like that, most gamers won't take you serious anymore.

just saying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4