Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]

Go down 
+13
Mikenuge
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Pein
Chobo
Ihsahn
Stoney
Orc
igame
Hydell
Based Sonji
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 am

Ihsahn wrote:
The story was pretty generic, but it had great execution. Much more important.

I can't keep playing if the story isn't any good. Why should I keep playing if I don't even care about the characters?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:37 am

I didn't say Bioshock sucked. My apologies if it came off that way. I probably worded my 2nd response badly, but I did say in my first response that Bioshock was the exception. It was an excellent game. Shame it had a shitty sequel.

Uncharted 2 wasn't a fresh take on the genre: it was a fresh GAME in the context of modern gaming. I mentioned in a previous post that if the industry were different I probably wouldn't hail Uncharted 2 as an AAA game.

Sure, you can nitpick the platforming for being limited and its gameplay being linear, but must I remind you (or inform you) that argument sucks. Being free roam and have full platform control doesn't mean anything because execution is ALWAYS more important. Super Mario Galaxy was nothing more than just another Mario game yet it's probably one of the best of all time simply because it was fun. Being original does not make it good. Look at the Kinect. It's a wonky piece of shit that can do only the most rudimentary of things for casual games and has no place in hardcore gaming. Now look at controllers and M/K. They still remain dominant because they are good, not because they're original.

You felt like you were going on an adventure when you were doing all the wall climbing and shit. Hell, you felt like you were on an adventure PERIOD. You felt the scope of the game. If you didn't get that feeling then I'm sorry?

Borderlands sucked because its execution was pulled off like shit. The gunplay wasn't fun, the environments were dull and bland and the loot they kept going on about were just minor variations. Yes, it was original, but at its core its just another brown shooter with transparent RPG elements. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but actual game content ended at level 25. You had to run through the same game with improved enemies to get to the real cap of level 50. That's lazy.

The Darkness had potential, but it wasn't all that great. The darkness things were just gimmicks. They were fun, but once you got the black hole thing you could pretty much destroy everything in the game without trying. Its been a long time since I've played it, though.

You mentioned in a previous point that we're shallow for thinking Uncharted 2 is fresh. I disagree. Yes, in the grand scheme of gaming, there are still a lot of fresh games, but the issue is that they are mostly indie games or unpopular. All our big budget, high production value companies are pumping out boring ass shooters that appeal to the cesspool of gamers. The cancerous sheep who blow a load every year when they find out Call of Duty is getting another game with one minor feature. All our big devs are throwing innovation out the door and these starving indie devs are left to create the good games. I'm sure you've inferred by now I hate the industry right now so I am most definitely not into buying all the mainstream titles.

Uncharted 2 is simply fun. Its mechanics are tight, it looked pretty, its story is solid and consistent, the characters are likeable (though the comic relief drove me nuts) and the variety in settings made it a fresh game. It's a breath of fresh air, not an innovator, which I think you are getting confused about.

Quote :
I can't keep playing if the story isn't any good. Why should I keep playing if I don't even care about the characters?
So don't?

Congratulations, you have an opinion.

Last edited by Ihsahn on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:41 am

^ Ihsahn is now officially my fav user on this forum
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 am

Pickles1337 wrote:
It doesn't necessarily have to be great, but if it's executed well then it's fun.

@BlackStigma -- I stated this before. ND has stated that Lost Horizon was a huge inspiration for Uncharted and that it's practically based on the book. It's not plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:56 am

Lol i love how everyone agrees with the microsoft rant and then get butthurt over the uncharted rant. Ohhh the irony. Razz
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:53 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lol i love how everyone agrees with the microsoft rant and then get butthurt over the uncharted rant. Ohhh the irony. Razz

It b dem PS3 fanboiz
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Well there's a universal agreement that Microsoft blows. Don't have to be a fanboy to see that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Well there's a universal agreement that Microsoft blows. Don't have to be a fanboy to see that.

Thats what im wondering. People often see microsoft as satan but nobody has ever given me a reason why they are. I mean bill gates has only done good to the world and microsoft is one of those companies that always satisfies whenever its hardware or software (except for vista)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
It doesn't necessarily have to be great, but if it's executed well then it's fun.

@BlackStigma -- I stated this before. ND has stated that Lost Horizon was a huge inspiration for Uncharted and that it's practically based on the book. It's not plagiarism.

Well no shit they aren't gonna come out and admit they plagiarized.

That sounds an awful lot like plagiarism to me. Especially considering that there is an actual game coming out that's based on the book.

It's fucking plagiarism, I don't see why you keep trying to defend them. It's just like with HG Wells and Led Zeppelin. They stole their best works yet you still defend them. They're frauds.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:

Thats what im wondering. People often see microsoft as satan but nobody has ever given me a reason why they are. I mean bill gates has only done good to the world and microsoft is one of those companies that always satisfies whenever its hardware or software (except for vista)
Bill Gates isn't MS. And Microsoft has a loooooong history of unsatisfaction when it comes to hardware and software.
EG: 360 hardware failures, Vista and XP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

That sounds an awful lot like plagiarism to me. Especially considering that there is an actual game coming out that's based on the book.

It's fucking plagiarism, I don't see why you keep trying to defend them. It's just like with HG Wells and Led Zeppelin. They stole their best works yet you still defend them. They're frauds.

By the definition of plagiarism, Uncharted is different enough to not be considered plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Reason?

M$.

That $60 a month you're spending for XBL is just one reason why they suck.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Take it easy boys...
The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 Sam-Elliott-Tombstone.2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

By the definition of plagiarism, Uncharted is different enough to not be considered plagiarism.

Uncharted is NOT plagirism. Get through your fucking 360 fanboy skull, blackstigma.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Reason?

M$.

$60 is nothing over the course of a year. Hell that's the price of going to the movies once with 3 other people and some snacks. Besides it's not even 60 bucks really. I bought a year for 30 dollars a couple of months ago.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Reason?

M$.

$60 is nothing over the course of a year. Hell that's the price of going to the movies once with 3 other people and some snacks.

XBL is NOT WORTH $60 to play online. That's bullshit. It should be free. Steam and other PC oriented programs Shit all over XBL and are free, Just shows you why Microsoft are money hungry bastards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:17 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Reason?

M$.

$60 is nothing over the course of a year. Hell that's the price of going to the movies once with 3 other people and some snacks.

XBL is NOT WORTH $60 to play online. That's bullshit. It should be free. Steam and other PC oriented programs Shit all over XBL and are free, Just shows you why Microsoft are money hungry bastards.

Who really cares? XBL fees are pocket change. Unless you're like 15 or something.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Derp sorry meant $60/year.

Point is why the fuck should I pay $60? Why do I need to pay for features I get for free? The argument "oh it's only a small fee" is ignorant and why developers get away with charging for shitty DLC. Why should you pay for it? I don't pay for those features on my PC and to a lesser degree PSN (no cross game chat lol@Sony)

Hell, why did the PC version of L4D2 get free DLC and the 360 one didn't?

M$ is bad stuff. Very bad stuff. At least their OS is solid, but I guess that's more so the fact that OS X is awful and Linux is counterintuitive for me.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Ihsahn wrote:

Point is why the fuck should I pay $60? Why do I need to pay for features I get for free? Hell, why did the PC version of L4D2 get free DLC and the 360 one didn't?

M$ is bad stuff. Very bad stuff. At least their OS is solid, but I guess that's more so the fact that OS X is awful and Linux is counterintuitive for me.

I don't really know about the PC anymore since I stopped playing on it like 3 years ago but XBL still has a lot of features over PSN and that's why I pay for it. If you don't wanna pay for it then don't. But don't start making a big deal out of it saying it's a rip off because you get ripped off with basically anything you buy. A 2 litter bottle of sold costs like 25 cents to produce but is sold for $1.50. People sell HDMI cables for 30-900 dollars at Best Buy when they're all exactly the same and cost like 3 dollars to make. XBL is enjoyable and 60 a year is easily affordable. And if it's that big of a deal to you then buy it at Amazon for 40 or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Stop going off-topic.

BlackStigma and DukeNukem, go take your fanboyism somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Stop going off-topic.

BlackStigma and DukeNukem, go take your fanboyism somewhere else.

Hey I said Uncharted 2 was plagiarized, that's not fanboyism that's fact.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 pm

I'll respond to your post in the MS rant thread, Stigma.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm pretty fucking pissed my last rant got locked because of you guys.

I already banned DukeNukem for a couple days. Don't test my patience.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Ihsahn wrote:

Point is why the fuck should I pay $60? Why do I need to pay for features I get for free? The argument "oh it's only a small fee" is ignorant and why developers get away with charging for shitty DLC. Why should you pay for it? I don't pay for those features on my PC and to a lesser degree PSN (no cross game chat lol@Sony)

Hell, why did the PC version of L4D2 get free DLC and the 360 one didn't?

Dude this is typical ignorance... If your gonna hate a company over such a small thing then i can make up a million evil companies. Its not like microsoft is forcing you to pay. Its your own opinion if you don't like to pay some money for a superior online console then don't blame microsoft. But im just going to shut up after this reply because i don't want this to end like stigma and duke.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:55 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

What? They come out and said that the game is heavily inspired by the book. THAT'S NOT PLAGIARISM. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Not only that, but Naughty Dog created new, fully-fleshed out, three-dimensional characters to accompany the adventure serial-inspired story.

I don't see why you're trying to make Naughty Dog appear to be plagiarists when they stole absolutely nothing. It's like if I write an essay and use a book as a reference. If I don't cite the reference, it's technically plagiarism, but if I do cite it then it's not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]   The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rant: The Uncharted Hypetrain [Episode 2]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next