Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate The Last Game You've Played

Go down 
+34
Ikreviews
Orion
ArchAngel
Franko
Quitelikeican
Angelus
BioDemon
Stigma
yonny616
Blixtstorm
Mecha
Bluenose
shirik2410
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
Gutzahn
Stoney
TheVolusBioticGod
Shin_Akuma
CernaMLD
TheJubJub5721
Chobo
ghost23
NoelX2
Based Sonji
raspymanic
Mikenuge
The Enkindler
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Orc
Hydell
RamboOnRedBull
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:04 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Mass Effect (PS3) 8

+
Great story
+ Decent voice acting
+ I like the dialogue bits where you can form relationships with your team
+ Varied environments

- Somewhat clunky combat with a piss-poor cover system
- Occasional graphic or sound glitch
- Vehicle missions with the Mako are pretty bad

Verdict: Having played this game again for the first time in years, and having previously not liked it, my opinion did a complete 180 on me. This game is badass.

This is basically my impression of the game and what I would of given it after just completing it 3 days ago.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:57 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Mass Effect (PS3) 8

+
Great story
+ Decent voice acting
+ I like the dialogue bits where you can form relationships with your team
+ Varied environments

- Somewhat clunky combat with a piss-poor cover system
- Occasional graphic or sound glitch
- Vehicle missions with the Mako are pretty bad

Verdict: Having played this game again for the first time in years, and having previously not liked it, my opinion did a complete 180 on me. This game is badass.

Also I decided to lower my score of Call of Duty: Black Ops II to a 6 because the campaign becomes incredibly tedious.

Glad you liked the best one on the series. You'll miss the illusion of a vast galaxy in the next games, they feel more linear, but Mass Effect 2 makes up for it some great characters and Mass Effect 3, not so much, but it has some great character interactions.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 am

Stoney wrote:
Glad you liked the best one on the series. You'll miss the illusion of a vast galaxy in the next games, they feel more linear, but Mass Effect 2 makes up for it some great characters and Mass Effect 3, not so much, but it has some great character interactions.
Well it's not like the first game is ACTUALLY open-world. Like you said, it's an illusion. Each system has only one planet that you can land on, which is lame. And 90% of those planets involve driving the Mako over a barren field or wasteland.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Just gonna copy/paste this here, see what other people think of the demo.

DmC, Devil May Cry

DL'd it, loved it, great graphics, beautiful art design and monster design, the new Dante reminds me, personality wise, of a cross between a foul mouthed Nathan Drake and Spiderman, likeable character, very good combat, people were moaning about this game being in 30FPS, couldn't tell the difference between the pace of the game and previous ones.

8.5/10

Most likely will buy when it's around €35. Can't be paying €55 for a 8-9 long SP only game.

EDIT:

Regarding the Mass Effect series, after some deliberation, I've come to the conclusion that Mass Effect 2 is probably the best in the series.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Batman: Arkham City 8.0/10

Pros: Great combat, good story, great voice acting, brilliant cast of characters.

Cons: Now, I for one am not a fan of extreme handholding in videogames, but sometimes this game can take the piss, it basically tells you to go to a certain area on the map, once you go there, you realise that all the buildings look identical, so in turn, you are forever looking for a way in, and you're not even sure if it's the right building, more than often I had to Google were I had to go, was very frustrating at times.

That was my only gripe.

What I took away from this experience?

I must find a chick who is willing to dress up as Catwoman, I simply must.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Dust 514 (Open Beta)

Good:
+ Good graphics for MMO.
+ Good game-play mechanics.
+ Massive warfare.
+ Lots seems to run very good for a cross-platform MMO.
+ Lots of upgrades.

Bad:
+ Spawning points need A LOT of work.
+ Screws you over by trying to make you buy in-game credits.
+ Most of the community plays it like another CoD (Lone-wolf).

Score: 4/5 (For now anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Mass Effect 8/10

+Great Story
+Great Characters
+Great gameplay
+Nice dialogue

-Mako missions are terrible
-Too short
-many game bugs
-Clunky controls

Overall, great game but worst in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Duke wrote:
Mass Effect 8/10

+Great Story
+Great Characters
+Great gameplay
+Nice dialogue

-Too short
-many game bugs
-Clunky controls

GTFO, no, seriously, get out, why are you reading this? fuck off ...... don't! don't even think about replying! GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND NEVER SPEAK OF MASS EFFECT AGAIN. I'm sure you'll LOVE the Hollywood dudebro TPS that is Mass Effect 3.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Dead Space 3 [Demo - Xbox 360]
Not only is this ripping-off Uncharted 2 (The demo, at the very least), but it's also ruined everything the previous games established. Gone is the great atmosphere and creepy moments, and in are the generic pew-pew-pew gunplay you see in every shooter these days. What can I say? I mean, it's not ALL bad; The cool interface is still there....If that counts?

4/10
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Stoney wrote:
Duke wrote:
Mass Effect 8/10

+Great Story
+Great Characters
+Great gameplay
+Nice dialogue

-Too short
-many game bugs
-Clunky controls

GTFO, no, seriously, get out, why are you reading this? fuck off ...... don't! don't even think about replying! GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND NEVER SPEAK OF MASS EFFECT AGAIN. I'm sure you'll LOVE the Hollywood dudebro TPS that is Mass Effect 3.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 2505020059

Someone is stuck in nostalgiaville. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 pm

@ Rambo

Haven't played it, but it does look like absolute generic action tripe. I won't even bother, it's EA, I know what to expect.

@ Teckno

Nope nope. I finished it about a 6 months ago and I still love it, my only gripe is the frame rate and screen tearing but it's bearable.

Still bi-polar regarding it and Mass Effect 2. I think ME just pips it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Max Payne 3 (PS3) 4 out of 5

+
Beautiful visuals; sharp graphics and amazing lighting
+ Excellent voice acting
+ Slow motion kills are really cool
+ Great story
+ Lots of difficulty customization
+ Good amount of collectibles

- Max's narration can be distracting
- Stiff cover system and movement could be tighter

SSX (PS3) 3 out of 5

+ Cool soundtrack
+ I love the wingsuit
+ Nice visuals
+ A ton of content
+ Lots of boards and gear to collect

- Different slopes can often look a lot alike

Last edited by General Jack on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

The Walking Dead (Episodes 1-5) (Physical PS3 Version)

The Good:
+ Story is awesome.
+ You actually care about clementine.
+ The soundtrack is good.
+ Animation is great.
+ The atmosphere is amazing.

The Bad:
+ The game has a lot of freezing problems (I don't know if the digital version has this problem).
+ The epilogue made no sense when it came to my final choices.
+ While the game gives you choices, it feels like they don't really matter and you're just choosing his dialogue.

Score: 4.5/5

Final Notes: This game is awesome even though my problems with it and it's one of my favorite games of Generation 7. Also the game puts any survival horror game now-a-days to shame.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

yonny616 wrote:
The Walking Dead (Episodes 1-5) (Physical PS3 Version)

The Good:
+ Story is awesome
+ You actually care about clementine
+ The soundtrack is good
+ Animation is great
+ The atmosphere is amazing

The Bad:
+ The game has a lot of freezing problems (I don't know if the digital version has this problem)
+ The epilogue made no sense when it came to my final choices
+ While the game gives you choices, it feels like they don't really matter and you're just choosing his dialogue.

Score: 4.5/5

Final Notes: This game is awesome even though my problems with it and it's one of my favorite games of Generation 7. Also the game puts any survival horror game now-a-days to shame.

Had had the same problems on the Xbox digital version. It stuttered when changing from sequence to sequence. Still one of my most memorable gaming experiences in like, the whole wide world. Dat ending. Sad

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah that would happen to mine, and at times it would do it for the whole sequence; pretty annoying.

Yup, you know a game is good when it can give you all them feels. 😢
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Mass Effect (PlayStation 3)

The Good:
+ Story is awesome.
+ Graphics are impressive for a 2007 game.
+ RPG elements are good.
+ Gameplay mechanic are good.
+ Your decisions seem to matter in the long run.

The Bad:
- Game freezes at times.
- Auto-save is REALLY bad.
- While good, the RPG elements are a bit too much.
- Game freezes to save.
- Mako missions are annoying since all terrains are the same.
- Enemies can get a bit repetitive.

Score: 3.5/5

Final Notes: This is the game that introduced me to RPG's and was going to be the sole reason I was going to buy and Xbox 360 (Until Mass Effect 2 was announced on PS3). So even though it has problems, its got a place in my gamer heart.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Dishonored 8.5/10 Loved the art-style and theme of this game. I also love how you can play it either stealthy, or guns blazing. There are so many ways to kill in this game. The endings are both cool and shocking. It even needs a 2nd playthrough, because the world and gameplay changes depending on how you play it. Overall, Great game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Spec-Ops-The-Line-1

Title: Spec Ops: The Line
Developer: Yager Development
Publisher: 2K Games
Platform: PlayStation 3
Genre: Third-person shooter
Year: 2012
Rating: 4 out of 5
Review:
Even though the gameplay is par for the course, the story, clearly adapted from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, elevates the game, and it even deviates into unexpected territory at the end. There is a cool element with the sand where you can flood a room with it to take out baddies, or, if you throw a grenade and it blows up near sand, the sand will scatter and blind foes, but it's mostly "been there, done that," though it does have a solid cover system and satisfying combat. Spec Ops: The Line is truly dark and truly gritty, in a way no other military shooter of recent years can claim to be.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Vanquish-sega-new-screens-11

Title: Vanquish
Developer: Platinum Games
Publisher: Sega
Year: 2010
Rating: 3 out of 5
Review:
The boosting ability is really cool, and I love the presentation of the game, from the bullet hell craziness of having a zillion enemies on screen, to the ludicrous story and corny dialogue. Sometimes the game is a little TOO hectic, and the boosting ability does lose its luster after awhile, but this is a pretty damn fun shooter regardless.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Darksiders_1

Title: Darksiders
Developer: Vigil Games
Publisher: THQ
Genre: Action-adventure, hack-and-slash
Year: 2010
Review:
Even though it's clearly derivative of God of War, The Legend of Zelda, and Devil May Cry, it's still pretty fun. The combat is annoyingly simple at first but it does grow and become more complex, though not as much as some of its genre counterparts. The puzzles are fun and are only as difficult as they need to be. It's boring to start but once you push through the first hour, it becomes a really fun experience.

Last edited by General Jack on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Mass Effect 2 (PlayStation 3)

The Good:
+ Story is amazing.
+ Gameplay is awesome.
+ RPG elements are awesome.
+ You decisions seems to matter.
+ Lots of important decisions.
+ Graphics are awesome.
+ No annoying Mako missions.

The Bad:
- Some of dialogue is bad.
- While the graphics are good, sometimes they don't load up well.
- Sometimes the missions get repetitive.
- The whole generic start from zero in a sequel.
- Sometimes the game wouldn't load up the audio.

Final Score: 4.5/5

Final Words: I firmly believe Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series. Even if I haven't completed Mass Effect 3, I don't think it'll change anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Mortal-kombat-9-screens

Title: Mortal Kombat
Developer: NetherRealm Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Genre: Fighting
Year: 2011
Review:
I suck at Mortal Kombat, but this one is really accessible. It's got a pretty solid story for a fighting game, and the fighting system is as deep as ever. There's also a ton of collectibles and modes to play; it's a great package, especially when compared to bare-boned Capcom fighters.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance_2012_12-07-12_001

Title: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Developer: Platinum Games
Publisher: Konami
Platform: Xbox 360
Genre: Hack-and-slash
Year: 2013
Rating: 2 out of 5
Review:
I usually love Platinum Games titles, but this one kinda disappointed me. The combat is mostly fun and I love Blade Mode, but the blocking system is awful and the camera is broken. I guess those are my only real issues, but they're so big for me. It makes me so frustrated. But the story and dialogue are really corny in the way a Kojima and Platinum Games title would be. It's an okay game at times, but the blocking system brings the game down so much for me.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Joe-Danger-2-The-Movie-03

Title: Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Developer: Hello Games
Publisher: Hello Games
Platform: PlayStation Network
Genre: Racing, platformer
Review:
This one is pretty good, and I love the movie parodies like Indiana Bones and Timed Cop. The game does try to spice up the gameplay with different objectives, but ultimately it's the same mechanics at play every time and it can become tedious. Plus the game is way too easy. It may pose a challenge if you want to collect everything, but actually clearing the level isn't terribly challenging.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 The_Cave_Adventurer

Title: The Cave
Developer: Double Fine Productions
Publisher: Sega
Platform: PlayStation Network
Genre: Puzzle, platformer
Review:
I really like the concept of a cave that tailors your experience to your personal desires. There are seven characters and you can only take three into the cave, and what's cool is that you get different levels depending on who you take. To play every level, you'd need to play the game a minimum of three times. Maybe that will turn people off, but for me it's cool because it adds replayability without making the gamer actually have to redo levels. The writing is really witty and the art style is nice. The gameplay itself is solid, combining platformer gameplay with the kind of puzzles you'd find in point-and-click adventures. There is, however, way too much walking to do. When you take control of one character, the others don't follow so you have to maneuver areas with all three of them separately. That aside, this is a clever little gem of a game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:50 am

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 God-of-war-ascension-screenshot-multiplayer-1

Title: God of War: Ascension [demo]
Developer: SCE Santa Monica Studios
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Genre: Hack-and-slash, action-adventure
Review:
It has the solid combat and beautiful graphics of a God of War title, but there's nothing new to this game at all. On top of that, the fixed camera angles can pull out way too far, really taking the player out of the experience. Areas can become so crowded, and with the camera, it's often hard to tell what's going on.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 2388052-sly4_1036_006

Title: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time [demo]
Developer: Sanzaru Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Genre: Platformer, stealth, action-adventure
Review:
The Sly segments are really easy, practically on-rails, but still fun. The Bentley parts are kinda bland but they're inoffensive. The Murray parts, however, are terrible, with sluggish combat that offers no depth whatsoever.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Army-of-two-the-devils-cartel-xbox-360-ps3-screenshots-10

Title: Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
Developer: Visceral Montreal, EA Montreal
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Review:
It's a pretty basic third-person shooter. The new characters are okay, but I do miss Salem and Rios. The cover system is a little stiff, but that was how it was in the first two games, so it's not like it's unexpected. Overall it's just not anything special.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Defiance-Gameplay-Trailer_7

Title: Defiance [beta]
Developer: Trion Worlds
Publisher: Trion Worlds
Genre: MMO, third-person shooter
Review:
The AI is weak, the graphics are lame, the missions are bland, the multiplayer component isn't all that great (random people can occasionally help you in skirmishes), and the gameplay is par for the course, with basic guns and powers. It's not the worst thing I've played, but it's so bland.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Masseffect2_screenshot_09_1280x720

Title: Mass Effect 2
Developer: BioWare
Genre: Third-person shooter, role-playing game
Year: 2011
Rating: 10 out of 10
[b]Review:
The combat is drastically improved, the story is the best in the trilogy, and there's a great and diverse cast of characters with excellent loyalty missions. Plus the suicide mission is probably the most intense mission in the series. The only downsides are that the mining system is kinda tedious, the research system for upgrades is too cluttered and convoluted, the worlds can be sorta linear, and there's not much that can be done about weapon customization. That aside, it's an incredible game.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 AU_ME3_E3_Screen_1

Title: Mass Effect 3
Developer: BioWare
Genre: Third-person shooter, role-playing game
Rating: 10 out of 10
[b]Review:
This is my favorite of the trilogy by a small margin. Combat is even better, with a much more fluid cover system. On top of that, the weapon upgrade system is far superior, and gone are the research and mining components that I didn't like in Mass Effect 2. Also, the world is a bit more open this time around. Some of the characters get poignant conclusions in this one, and it's nice to see all of the Mass Effect 2 squadmates making an appearance in this one. Sure, the ending sucks, but the ride to get to the ending is the most thrilling of all.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 Darksiders-2-2

Title: Darksiders II
Developer: Vigil Games
Publisher: THQ
Genre: Hack-and-slash, action-adventure, role-playing game
Rating: 8 out of 10
[b]Review:
This game improves on the first in every way. The combat is more complex, the platforming is more satisfying, and there's more of a story here. The music is also fantastic and from a distance, the game looks beautiful (up close is a bit of a different story). It's more derivative of Prince of Persia than Devil May Cry (like the first was), but the Zelda and God of War influences are definitely still there. Totally unoriginal, hardly groundbreaking, but still a lot of fun.

Last edited by Jack the Spectre on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:57 pm

DC Universe Online first impressions.

The good:

+ The customization is truly amazing, you really feel like you truly made the super hero/villain of your dreams.
+ Exploration is great fun, being able to climb on buildings or flying gives it a kind of free roaming sense like crackdown and infamous which makes it much more fun than more traditional MMO's
+ The combat is very solid and fun, so much that the grinding in the more repetitive quests don't even bother me that much compared to grinding in other MMO's
+ It's a real treat for DC fans, seeing all of your favorite characters and working together with them like you're part of it gives a great sense of nostalgia and furfillment

The bad:

- Quests seem to be repetitive, it mostly consists of beating x enemies, mutating x people, destroying x objects and with occasional bosses in it
- It kinda feels like it lacks social interaction, accessing chats, friendlists and making parties tends to be such a hassle i'd rather just go solo.
- The graphics feel really below average, some of the character models look lazy and downright cheap at times.
- Reffering to the social interaction one the user interface can be really annoying and confusing.

Overal so far it's a solid MMO with clear flaws but it has many unique aspects that make it much more addicting and fun than traditional MMO's. Though it's not something i'd actually spend over 10-20 bucks for but luckily it's free.

7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last Game You've Played
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next