Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Franchise Is More Overrated?

Go down 
+19
Jack the Spectre
Franko
Hydell
Arnav
Archduke
NoelX2
Azazel
The Enkindler
yonny616
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
ghost23
Chobo
Gutzahn
TheJubJub5721
Shigdig
Mecha
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which franchise is more overrated?
 Halo
 Uncharted
View results
AuthorMessage
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Halo Reach's MP was getting to complex. It was better when it was just you, a few other people, and an Assault rifle against another team. Now with all this class shit it sucks.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:47 pm

I think Halo gets the credit it deserves.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Alanski wrote:
I play UC2. I meant split screen co-op. Sorry should have specified. And yea the MP is barebones, especially compared to Reach... UC2 definitely didn't get all it's praise from the MP mode.

BTW, can you explain the difference between a great campaign and an amazing campaign? Great for me means as good as it can realistically get.
I think Chobo explained why it was amazing. I played through the game on all difficulty levels(Even easy).
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:03 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Alanski wrote:
I play UC2. I meant split screen co-op. Sorry should have specified. And yea the MP is barebones, especially compared to Reach... UC2 definitely didn't get all it's praise from the MP mode.

BTW, can you explain the difference between a great campaign and an amazing campaign? Great for me means as good as it can realistically get.
I think Chobo explained why it was amazing. I played through the game on all difficulty levels(Even easy).

Meh IMO the game itself is a bit overrated. I'm just not into the whole selective platforming junk. I definitely liked the vertical feel of the game during MP but the boringly generic weapons and the lack of modes ruined it for me.

After playing the UC3 beta I'm personally excited for UC3. The beta in general was faster paced and I really loved the "power play" mechanic.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Halo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Halo. Period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Arnav
Mob Unit
Mob Unit
Arnav

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 am

Despite being a PS fanboy I'll go with Uncharted. It is an average third person action adventure game. Though I'm responding to "Which is a worse franchise?"
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 am

Funny thing is, I had a weird dream where alan and blix were making sock accounts to rate down Uncharted. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Read the thread title and instantly knew Alan and CC would be whining about eachother. Get a divorce already.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Funny thing is, I had a weird dream where alan and blix were making sock accounts to rate down Uncharted. Razz
You have messed up dreams....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Arcana wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
You have messed up dreams....

Not really. It was just something that happened during another dream.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Reaper wrote:
Read the thread title and instantly knew Alan and CC would be whining about eachother. Get a divorce already.

Like you or any other relatively active member hasn't argued with him at least once. FFS He's a hypocritical moron. I can't even describe him without being insulting.

And he's always the one who like to start these fanboyish threads whether it be flat out "PS3 vs 360" or "PS3 Game X vs 360 Game Y." These topics have been BEATEN to death...
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:14 pm

^^

Alan, it sure sounds like you're having a mad case of the ''umads."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Since when was this thread about me? Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 725796345

Either stay on topic or lock this thread. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Mecha wrote:
Since when was this thread about me? Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 725796345

Either stay on topic or lock this thread. It's that simple.

It was more or else about how dumb this thread is. So it was on topic.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Dumb? That's kinda immature of you to say. I don't see anyone else complaining but you Alan. If you think it's so dumb then don't post at all and keep your opinions to yourself.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Mecha wrote:
Dumb? That's kinda immature of you to say. I don't see anyone else complaining but you Alan. If you think it's so dumb then don't post at all and keep your opinions to yourself.

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 pm

I say both but i went with UC
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Definitely Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 am

Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am

Although I do think Uncharted is overrated, Halo takes the crown.

Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation sums it up in this video before 25 seconds has even elapsed.

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 am

chobo500 wrote:
Halo didn't revolutionize the FPS genre on consoles

Goldeneye did that.
No, I'm pretty sure Halo did. It made twin-stick shooters the console standard. No shooters in this day and age use the GoldenEye control scheme.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 am

Dam_Noir wrote:

Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation sums it up in this video before 25 seconds has even elapsed.

THIS!
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:51 am

Dam_Noir wrote:

That review was fucking AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Like you or any other relatively active member hasn't argued with him at least once. FFS He's a hypocritical moron. I can't even describe him without being insulting.

And he's always the one who like to start these fanboyish threads whether it be flat out "PS3 vs 360" or "PS3 Game X vs 360 Game Y." These topics have been BEATEN to death...

True but it happens so much between you two that its almost become a running gag in a bad sitcom.

Anyways im going to go with Halo. Never seen why its so wildly popular and ive played nearly all of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Franchise Is More Overrated?   Which Franchise Is More Overrated? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Franchise Is More Overrated?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next