Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:13 pm

There are only 4 top critics on RT's score - and none of them liked it. I don't even know what to say, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:14 pm

I feel really bad for the cast though. With all the backlash from the comic book fans, production troubles, being ignored by fans at comic con, very awkward interviews, and now this.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Hopefully, if this fails, it doesn't scare off the cast from doing another superhero flick. Would really like to see these guys be in something... specifically Kate Mara... in somethin WB/DC. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:34 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Hopefully, if this fails, it doesn't scare off the cast from doing another superhero flick. Would really like to see these guys be in something... specifically Kate Mara... in somethin WB/DC. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 2505020059

I'd rather see her in something Bondage-related. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:49 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123660

Oh shit!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Okay, this is alarming. The movie can't be THAT bad... Right? RIGHT?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Can't wait until John Campea and his crew review this film. It's been a roller coaster ride for over year with this film for them.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 pm

This thing has the same average score as Green Lantern, a lower tomatometer percentage than Green Lantern, and a lower Metascore than Green Lantern. I wonder if it'll reach Batman & Robin.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 pm

OH MY GOD! This thing is reaching Batman & Robin! DSP2 Holy fucking shit!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Here's Kristian Harloff's reaction after watching the movie...

https://instagram.com/p/6A1r5vTctV/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 2:00 am

Stuckman ripped this apart. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:46 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Went up to 9%, but fell .1 in the average rating, I also added the critics consensus.

RottenTomatoes Critics Consensus wrote:
Dull and downbeat, this Fantastic Four proves a woefully misguided attempt to translate a classic comic series without the humor, joy, or colorful thrills that made it great.

It also fell by 2 on Metascore.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Trank just threw Fox under the bus!

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 CLxUnmgUkAA3BF_

Honestly, I believe him. Fox interfering isn't new. They've done it with the X-Men franchise causing The Last Stand to be what it is.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 11:29 pm

lol, he deleted his tweet. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 725796345

Anyway, I think what he's saying is a load of horse shit! While it's true that Fox did some major changes during the reshoots of the film, I am not going to sit here and bash them for interfering. What I will blame them for is the fact that Fox has NO idea what to do with the Fantastic Four franchise. As for Josh Trank, he's just acting like the victim. Truth is, he's ALSO the problem. Not just Fox. MCU directors don't get to bring their vision to life, and they STILL manage to make decent movies. So I don't what to hear this bullshit about, oh it's all Fox's fault for interfering blah blah blah. BOTH Fox and Josh Trank dun goof'd! End of story.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 am

Mecha wrote:

Anyway, I think what he's saying is a load of horse shit! While it's true that Fox did some major changes during the reshoots of the film, I am not going to sit here and bash them for interfering. What I will blame them for is the fact that Fox has NO idea what to do with the Fantastic Four franchise. As for Josh Trank, he's just acting like the victim. Truth is, he's ALSO the problem. Not just Fox. MCU directors don't get to bring their vision to life, and they STILL manage to make decent movies. So I don't what to hear this bullshit about, oh it's all Fox's fault for interfering blah blah blah. BOTH Fox and Josh Trank dun goof'd! End of story.

His PR team probably. Why? You bash Marvel when they interfere. They had 12% of an idea, which was X-Men/F4 crossover. Or maybe he is the victim. Fox has interfered with their comic book films and anytime they do they come out bad. Case in point: The Last Stand and Origins. Fantastic Four would be no different. Probably because the difference in this and an MCU film is this was Trank's creative idea unlike MCU films which ultimately are Marvel idea films. Fox wanted the reshoots and everything else. They even changed Doom's name back to Von Doom instead of keeping it Domashev. They got cold feet half way and want to to back track too late. It's the reason why many say the first half is solid and the second (which is pretty much the reshoots) is what bring the whole thing down.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 2:54 am

@yonny616 Exactly! When Marvel interferes a director's vision, nobody panics. Because that's all part of the plan. But when Fox does it, then everyone loses their minds! Fox is making the same mistake that Sony made. Most of their focus is to try and copy Marvel, instead of actually making, oh you know, a GOOD movie. What makes you think X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are the only movies that Fox interfered in? Do you honestly believe that Fox gives 100% creative control to certain directors? Maybe those other X-Men movies just had actual GOOD directors that don't show up to work drunk, have a mental breakdown, and trash the studio's movie instead of promoting it. But if you're actually that gullible to believe he's the victim, then go right ahead. So Ant-Man was Marvel's idea? Who was the one that pitched the story to Marvel? Who was the one who wrote the original script? Who was the one who did most of the casting? EXACTLY! Also, so? Marvel does reshoots with their movies as well.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:45 am

Mecha wrote:

One thing is when Marvel directors compromise their own vision so they can fit Marvel's plan. Another is when a Studio and director agree on a vision and the studio starts to interfere during it. Two seperate things.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 9:37 am

@RamboOnRedBull No. Marvel does the same thing as well. The most noticeable one is Edgar Wright. HELLO. Even Edward Norton, Alan Taylor, and Joss Whedon were promised to bring their vision to life to a degree, but Marvel changed their minds during the production.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:02 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull No. Marvel does the same thing as well. The most noticeable one is Edgar Wright. HELLO. Even Edward Norton, Alan Taylor, and Joss Whedon were promised to bring their vision to life to a degree, but Marvel changed their minds during the production.

Edgar Wright QUIT, and his own writing was RE-WRITTEN by someone else. HELLO yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:23 am

@RamboOnRedBull Of course he quit. Because Marvel interfered. Just like how Fox interfered with Josh Trank's Fantastic Four. Only difference is, Josh Trank stayed.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Exactly! When Marvel interferes a director's vision, nobody panics. Because that's all part of the plan. But when Fox does it, then everyone loses their minds! Fox is making the same mistake that Sony made. Most of their focus is to try and copy Marvel, instead of actually making, oh you know, a GOOD movie. What makes you think X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are the only movies that Fox interfered in? Do you honestly believe that Fox gives 100% creative control to certain directors? Maybe those other X-Men movies just had actual GOOD directors that don't show up to work drunk, have a mental breakdown, and trash the studio's movie instead of promoting it. But if you're actually that gullible to believe he's the victim, then go right ahead. So Ant-Man was Marvel's idea? Who was the one that pitched the story to Marvel? Who was the one who wrote the original script? Who was the one who did most of the casting? EXACTLY! Also, so? Marvel does reshoots with their movies as well.
You panic. Fanboys who don't like Marvel panic. Yes, it all part of the plan. This is Marvel, they have their plans, multiple to be honest. The difference between Sony and Fox interference was that Sony was trying to force the shared universe, Fox was backtracking because of all the negativity of the changes. Go to any thread on the internet about this reboot and it's 90% negative. I never said those were the only films they intervened in. They were just two prime examples of it. Josh Trank is a good director, Chronicle was a movie that Josh Trank directed with freedom, and not much help from Max Landis or interference from Fox. Landis said this last night. I doubt he was high or anything, majority of fans hated on this film from day fucking one so it wouldn't surprise me if this rumor was made up. He's trashing the studios movie because he's pissed they fucked with his vision for the team. Ant-Man is honestly probably the only example of a "non-idea from Marvel" Marvel film, but even then it was phase one movie that tried to still be a phase one movie when it was going to be a phase 3 (2 now) film. It didn't fit, they were telling Wright to change it so it can fit in phase 2, Wright quit and Marvel changed it enough to make it phase 2 and have their new writers share credits with Wright. Marvel has to approve the cast, you do know that right? But Marvel don't force a half assed reshoot and rewrite of half of the film at the last minute like Fox.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:00 pm

@yonny616 It isn't just Ant-Man though. Edward Norton had an idea for the story of The Incredible Hulk and Marvel agreed to it, so Edward Norton helped wrote the script. But then later, Marvel decided to change things and Edward Norton was upset that Marvel didn't stick to their agreement. Alan Taylor even admitted that Thor: The Dark World didn't turned out as he was promised. Hell, even Joss Whedon hinted Marvel's interference over The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next