Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:43 am

Josh Trank's "Destructive" Behaviour May Be To Blame For FANTASTIC FOUR After All

Quote :
Things are getting more and more interesting with the story behind the Fantastic Four reboot. After taking to Twitter last night to say that, "A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would've recieved great reviews. You’ll probably never see it. That’s reality though," a new report appears to shed some light on what really happened. According to Entertainment Weekly, sources have reached out to them and made it clear that the rift between the director and studio didn't boil down to creative differences, but the "destructive and combative behaviour Trank demonstrated toward the crew, producers, studio and even the stars." As the start date neared, Trank apparently started becoming indecisive and began demanding huge changes which left the studio understandably worried. It's believed that his personal disputes became so severe that he deliberately damaged the house which was rented for him and ended up taking out his frustrations and hostility towards both the cast and crew. That all lines up with what we've heard in the past. 

It also sounds like those reports about his being fired from that Star Wars Anthology movie were correct too, as the site's sources make it clear that Disney and Lucasfilm let him go after studio executives investigated the rumours of his behaviour on set. From there, they decided they simply couldn't trust him with something so important. Going back to Fantastic Four though, and Fox have apparently been desperate to protect the movie and didn't want details to get out about how they had to go in and attempt to fix it. It also appears as if they were trying to protect Trank from public embarrassment, but that Tweet has ruined the façade and made it clear that he was indeed removed from the movie (if that's the case, it's likely that Simon Kinberg directed the reshoots, though it has been reported that Trank was present for them). Apparently, "several individuals who worked on the movie now say he was actually biting the hand that shielded the public from his meltdown and vindictive behaviour." All of this new information raises some big questions. 

Even if Trank's behaviour was as erratic as these sources claim, just how much of an impact would that have had on Fantastic Four? Did he make a terrible movie which Fox desperately tried to salvage through reshoots or did the studio decide that they wanted to make changes and not give him any sort of choice? It's obvious for example that Victor Domashev's entire storyline in the movie was changed due to the fact that fans complained about him not being named Von Doom and that he would have been a hacker who used "Doom" as a handle. While that's different to the comics, there's nothing to say it wouldn't have worked, and it shows a serious lack in confidence from the studio in Trank that they would make such significant alterations based on fanboy whining. Then again, surely only Trank is responsible for Doom's terrible final look, so there has to be blame here on both sides. Will we ever get the full story? Who knows! Stay tuned for more.

Source: Comic Book Movie

You guys are still going to defend this guy now?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:50 am

Mecha wrote:
Shut up!
I've been waiting to use this gif:

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 He-said-shut-up-to-me-sam-and-lucifer-29837955-245-200

As for the EW article, if that's true then fuck Josh for trying to lay blame on Fox when they were trying to protect him from himself. Still, if you watched the Collier video they said they hear from multiple sources, that are their own, all corroborated that Fox messed around with it. And that's something Fox is known for, so who knows and fuck this topic and fuck Josh, fuck Fox, and fuck this film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 7:38 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 8:49 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Why are you ignoring all of the reports of Trank's behavior on the set, yet bring up all the rumors of what Fox has done?

YOU were the one who brought them up, in the first place, Mecha.

You seem to be implying that it's the studio's fault by defending Trank as if he didn't do anything. You can't even accept the possibility that he also goof'd as well. He only made ONE good movie. It could be a fluke for all we know. By the way, you're calling me a cry baby when the guy you're defending is trashing his own movie on Twitter while all of the actors are promoting it. So yeah...

Could you aruge about where he fluked? Your only arguments are: "BOOOOOO! TRANK WENT THROUGH ON THE FILM! BOOO!" As if his career wouldn't be over if he hadn't.

I said this before, and I'll say it again: If a studio fucks up their agreement with the director and forces to change the vision mid-way through, then that's the studio's fault to take the blame.

>Claims it's both the director and Fox's fault
>Defends Fincher, Marc Webb, Sam Raimi, etc.
>What a little hypocrite
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:20 am

@RamboOnRedBull It doesn't matter if there was an agreement. If the director couldn't perfectly well execute his idea, then maybe the studio wouldn't have interfered. So it's his fault as well. Deal with it.

Last time I checked, Fincher, Raimi, and Webb didn't show up on the set high and drunk causing problems. So nice try. Oh and by the way, I actually DO blame Raimi for Spider-Man 3. Venom was only there for 8 minutes. That still doesn't excuse why the rest of the movie sucked.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull It doesn't matter if there was an agreement. If the director couldn't perfectly well execute his idea, then maybe the studio wouldn't have interfered. So it's his fault as well. Deal with it.

Except they didn't fix his vision - they tried to completely change it. Deal with it, yourself.

Last time I checked, Fincher, Raimi, and Webb didn't show up on the set high and drunk causing problems. So nice try. Oh and by the way, I actually DO blame Raimi for Spider-Man 3. Venom was only there for 8 minutes. That still doesn't excuse why the rest of the movie sucked.

First you're questioning why I believe in some of the rumors, and now you're using rumors to back yourself up? k.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:12 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I'm going by the rumors because you're going with the rumors as well, lol!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I'm going by the rumors because you're going with the rumors as well, lol!

Ironic, considering you were the one who used the rumors before I even mentioned them. 

You said, and I quote:

Mecha wrote:
MCU directors don't get to bring their vision to life, and they STILL manage to make decent movies. So I don't what to hear this bullshit about, oh it's all Fox's fault for interfering blah blah blah. BOTH Fox and Josh Trank dun goof'd! End of story.

To which, all I said was, and I quote:

Quote :
One thing is when Marvel directors compromise their own vision so they can fit Marvel's plan. Another is when a Studio and director agree on a vision and the studio starts to interfere during it. Two seperate things.

All I told you is that there's a difference between Marvel not letting directors use their own vision, by having to compromise and come to an agreement on a vision they both want, and then interferring and changing a director's vision completely when you're mid-way through. I never went with anything. YOU did.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Shocking New Details Emerge About Fox's Role In The Disastrous FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot

Quote :
Entertainment Weekly has once again updated their investigation into what happened between Josh Trank and Twentieth Century Fox on Fantastic Four, and the latest details are definitely pretty shocking. Sources tell them that Trank was driven to breaking point by the studio very early on in production, something which might explain his later behaviour on set (which has been described as hostile and combative). Apparently, they "delayed casting and script approvals, slashed the budget by tens of millions from what was originally promised, and tried to force last-minute changes to the film just as principal photography was beginning." Enduring that wouldn't be easy for even the most experience directors, never mind a relative newcomer to blockbusters like Trank. 

One battle which Trank did apparently win was getting the cast he wanted; Fox were looking for more famous actors. However, the studio were "hemming and hawing on approvals for the final script, it stalled crew workers who were trying to build sets, make costumes, props, and prep the movie. This created confusion and stress from the get-go that often boiled over among department heads trying to put together pieces of a movie that was still in flux." The more we hear about Fantastic Four, the clearer it becomes that there were serious faults on both sides. Who is truly responsible for the reboot's failure may ultimately come down to perspective, but it's a complicated story which we may never get to hear in full...what do you think about these details?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 1:24 am

Well would you look at that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:28 am

After watching the movie, it's hard to blame on who is responsible for this or that. I know the last few scenes of the movie were Fox's fault. The quality of the movie just literally dropped in those last scenes. Like WTF!? Raping Doctor Doom was probably Josh's fault though. Also Fantastic Four NEEDS be light and fun, but this movie just felt dull and depressing. I don't mind if they take a darker route, but it just wasn't well executed. I might sound like a hypocrite because I like Man of Steel. But no! Man of Steel was at least consistent, and you actually saw Superman embrace being a superhero and save people. You get NONE of that in Fantastic Four.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Spoiler reviews for this movie really don't spoil anything, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5