Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:39 pm

@yonny616 Oh I think you know very well why. Admit it, it made less because it got terrible reviews. Not to mention, people already had a very bad taste in their mouths from the first movie. So yes, critics DO matter. Because studios want their films to do well, and spreading bad word of mouth isn't going to help.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:29 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Oh I think you know very well why. Admit it, it made less because it got terrible reviews. Not to mention, people already had a very bad taste in their mouths from the first movie. So yes, critics DO matter. Because studios want their films to do well, and spreading bad word of mouth isn't going to help.
The sarcastic mocking tone obviously went over your head. No critics don't matter one bit when it comes to blockbuster films. The only thing that matters is word of mouth from the general audience. Case in point: Transformers franchise, last year's TMNT. If the GA deems it entertaining, because that's all they care about, it will make more than likely get close to $500 million.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:32 am

@yonny616 Whatever, nigga.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:57 am

Damn 17% with 5.5/10. Please at least go up to the 40's with an average close to 6/10. Razz

Mecha wrote:
Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 Tumblr_muj73uvqrQ1s4q0o2o1_400

Come @ meh bruh!

P.S. All the turtle films were terribly rated yet the 2014 one made nearly 500 million worldwide on a similar budget Fantastic Four has.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:34 am

Wow looks amazing
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 am

yonny616 wrote:
Damn 17% with 5.5/10. Please at least go up to the 40's with an average close to 6/10. Razz

Mecha wrote:

Come @ meh bruh!

P.S. All the turtle films were terribly rated yet the 2014 one made nearly 500 million worldwide on a similar budget Fantastic Four has.

Spoiler:

Because Transformers and TMNT have a really big fan base and general audience embrace the silliness of those franchises. Fantastic Four on the other hand, has a fan base so small that even their own comic book series got cancelled and the reboot looks like it's taking itself way too seriously.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 am

I thought fantastic 4 cancel cuz marvel was being a dick to fox.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:40 am

Ouch! Not even the fans noticed them at Comic Con. Yeah, this will easily make $500 alright.

@igame Yeah, but it was also because the comics weren't selling well.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 am

Sucks that the franchise that jump started Marvel during the silver age is in this condition.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 9:10 am

Yeah. Without Fantastic Four, there would be no Marvel universe or Darth Vader.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:07 am

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 am

Matthew Vaughn just lost his credibility.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:25 am

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Mecha wrote:

Come @ meh bruh!

Spoiler:

Because Transformers and TMNT have a really big fan base and general audience embrace the silliness of those franchises. Fantastic Four on the other hand, has a fan base so small that even their own comic book series got cancelled and the reboot looks like it's taking itself way too seriously.
Because they don't embrace the silliness right? I suppose GotG did so well because it had such a massive fan base right? Let's be honest. The F4 comic was cancelled because of Fox, Marvel even sent a memo telling their employees to use anything but F4 related characters. Not really.

And yes, it'll make $500 easily. I don' know about 500 million easily though, but then again I never said that.

RT went up as did Metascore
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:30 am

@yonny616 GOTG did well because it was made by a trusted brand and it got great reviews. If Fantastic Four comics got cancelled because of Fox, then explain why Marvel continues to do Deadpool and X-Men comics.

Okay, but in case it doesn't make $500 million, I'll be here waiting to tell you I told you so.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:35 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 GOTG did well because it was made by a trusted brand and it got great reviews. If Fantastic Four comics got cancelled because of Fox, then explain why Marvel continues to do Deadpool and X-Men comics.

Okay, but in case it doesn't make $500 million, I'll be here waiting to tell you I told you so.
*looks at Ant-Man* No, GotG did well because the audience found it entertaining. The general audience doesn't see Marvel Studious. All they see is a red banner that say Marvel which every other Marvel related film has. Because they didn't want X-Men and Deadpool when they tried to trade. They wanted F4 related characters.

Go back to my post a re-read it or learn to read. I never said it will make it, just that's its more optimistic box office gain. Do you understand what optimistic means? Or does your reading comprehension just read "500 million box office guaran-fucking-tee!"?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:40 am

We should find another member who wants to be on TeamMecha. It's kind of unfair he's up against #TEAMYONNY and loses every time. We should get him a buddy. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:43 am

@yonny616 Because Ant-Man is such a silly concept to the general audience. Not even my friends, who are Marvel fans by the way, want to see Ant-Man. I had to go by myself to see it. If Ant-Man wasn't done by Marvel and got negative reviews, it would have done a lot worse. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Kevin Feige still wanted X-Men back though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:45 am

What do you say, @Orion? Are you TeamMecha or TeamJacob? Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:49 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Because Ant-Man is such a silly concept to the general audience. Not even my friends, who are Marvel fans by the way, want to see Ant-Man. I had to go by myself to see it. If Ant-Man wasn't done by Marvel and got negative reviews, it would have done a lot worse. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Kevin Feige still wanted X-Men back though.
Because a rag-tag team with a talking raccoon and tree in space isn't as silly as a man who shrinks. Marvel wants all their properties back, but they went out of their way to try and get key characters related the F4.

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
We should find another member who wants to be on TeamMecha. It's kind of unfair he's up against #TEAMYONNY and loses every time. We should get him a buddy. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 2505020059
Maybe he can recruit Duke. Razz

On-topic:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 am

@yonny616 Oh come on. Don't pretend like all your friends are just as excited to see Ant-Man as they were with GOTG, lol! I guess getting the rights to Fantastic Four first makes a lot of sense, since they have villains that can top Thanos.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Oh come on. Don't pretend like all your friends are just as excited to see Ant-Man as they were with GOTG, lol! I guess getting the rights to Fantastic Four first makes a lot of sense, since they have villains that can top Thanos.
Except for the fact that all of my friends have seen Ant-Man, they saw Ant-Man before I saw Ant-Man. One of them even invited me to see Ant-Man opening weekend. Maybe you should just get another set of friends. Marvel didn't ask for the F4 rights. They wanted the rights of key characters. Reportedly those characters were Galactus and Silver Surfer, maybe the skrulls or Kang too.

On-topic, Here's another review:

Quote :
VERDICT: Trank's vision for the iconic superteam isn't the disaster many were expecting, but isn't as bold and satisfying as he hoped it would be, either. ★★★
Read the full review here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/staypuffed/news/?a=123645
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 1:02 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Except for the fact that all of my friends have seen Ant-Man, they saw Ant-Man before I saw Ant-Man. One of them even invited me to see Ant-Man opening weekend. Maybe you should just get another set of friends. Marvel didn't ask for the F4 rights. They wanted the rights of key characters. Reportedly those characters were Galactus and Silver Surfer, maybe the skrulls or Kang too.

Quote :
VERDICT: Trank's vision for the iconic superteam isn't the disaster many were expecting, but isn't as bold and satisfying as he hoped it would be, either. ★★★
Read the full review here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/staypuffed/news/?a=123645

A review from a comic book movie fansite. Seems legit, dawg.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 2:22 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Quote :

A review from a comic book movie fansite. Seems legit, dawg.

Hunnit pucent legit, yo. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 2505020059

There's been only 2 positive reviews from critics. I'm starting to rethink this will even pass the Tim Story films in critic ratings.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 2:43 pm

@yonny616 Which is funny because one of those positive reviews is saying that the film is cartoonish, lol!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:07 pm

I wonder where the fault lies for this. Is it Josh Trank's fault? Simon Kinberg's? Fox? So much potential with a great cast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next