Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In Empty
PostSubject: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:20 pm

RottenTomatoes
Tomatometer: 9%
Average Rating: 3.4/10
Critics Consensus: Dull and downbeat, this Fantastic Four proves a woefully misguided attempt to translate a classic comic series without the humor, joy, or colorful thrills that made it great.

Metacritic
Metascore: 27

They were coming, but now they're actually in and the first review is positive! Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In 2505020059

EDIT:

Here's variety review: http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/fantastic-four-review-reboots-marvel-comic-1201555905/

Hollywood reporter review: http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/987581

Uh-oh.

Last edited by yonny616 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated scores; added critics consensus.)
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Here's the digital spy review: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/review/a661751/fantastic-four-review-dark-and-gritty-does-not-suit-this-marvel-muddle.html

Looks like this will end up in the 40's - 50's with a 6/10 average at best.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Is anyone surprised, though?

And Todd is right, btw. The fanboys will still watch it, the same way they'd pay to watch a movie that's a complete joke and then rant about how bad it is, only to watch the sequels as well. 

I stand firm and correct. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:40 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

And Todd is right, btw. The fanboys will still watch it, the same way they'd pay to watch a movie that's a complete joke and then rant about how bad it is, only to watch the sequels as well. 

I'm not surprised, but just severely disappointed.

Also here's TheWrap's review: http://www.thewrap.com/fantastic-four-review-marvel-mcu-michael-b-jordan-kate-mara-miles-teller/

Critics are ripping this thing apart.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Also here's TheWrap's review: http://www.thewrap.com/fantastic-four-review-marvel-mcu-michael-b-jordan-kate-mara-miles-teller/

The complaints seem to be the same from review-to-review. Formulaic, standard storytelling with not much of merit to it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:51 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

The complaints seem to be the same from review-to-review. Formulaic, standard storytelling with not much of merit to it.
Damn. I would have loved to see this film prove everyone wrong, but oh well.

And damn! 20% on RT!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 6:55 pm

A 32 on Metacritic. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In 2590470549
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In Clmeaq10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In Clmeaq10
I doubt it happens. Marvel and Fox hate each other along with Fox isn't broke like Sony. I mean, they won the market share last year after all.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:32 pm

@yonny616 This is a completely different situation than Sony's. After the hellish production that the film has gone through, bad reviews, and possible box-office bomb, Fox is only killing the Fantastic Four brand. Hell, the Fantastic Four comics were cancelled after all. Sure they can always reboot it again, but Fox now put themselves into a deep hole that doesn't look like they'll come out of it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 This is a completely different situation than Sony's. After the hellish production that the film has gone through, bad reviews, and possible box-office bomb, Fox is only killing the Fantastic Four brand. Hell, the Fantastic Four comics were cancelled after all. Sure they can always reboot it again, but Fox now put themselves into a deep hole that doesn't look like they come out of it any time soon.
Exactly. Sony honestly had no other choice because they are literally at the bottom of the barrel. Fox tried to purchase Warner Bros. earlier this year, they ain't Sony. Rumored hellish production. So far a 6/10 average rating is fine. If it goes down then it's bad. All you're saying is the same thing people said when X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released. "Oh they're killing the X-Men brand", "oh they won't be able to dig themselves out of this shit hole" and then what happens? First Class hits it. I think Fox is only looking to make at best 500 million world wide with a higher critic rating than the Tim Story films and they'll more than likely continue it with another director.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 pm

@yonny616 X-Men is different because they went back to what made the franchise so successful in the first place. Where as Fantastic Four never had any luck with Fox in control, so there was nothing to go back to accept from the last three bad films. Also I doubt it's going to make $500 million at the box-office. As for the rating, it currently has a 20% score on RT in just a couple of hours. Yet you're still looking at this positively? lol! Not even The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Man of Steel started out THAT bad.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 X-Men is different because they went back to what made the franchise so successful in the first place. Where as Fantastic Four never had any luck with Fox in control, so there was nothing to go back to accept from the last three bad films. Also I doubt it's going to make $500 million at the box-office. As for the rating, it currently has a 20% score on RT in just a couple of hours. Yet you're still looking at this positively? lol! Not even The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Man of Steel started out THAT bad.
You do know that the first F4 film was successful financially right? Along with the film tracking better than Ant-Man. Never said it was either, just that that's its more likely positive/optimistic outcome box office wise. The rating problem, 20% with a 6/10 currently. Want to know something? Man of Steel has 6.2/10 along with a few Marvel films. As for the percentage, fun fact: Chronicle started out around the same percentage F4 currently has, look where it ended up when the dust settled.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 8:31 pm

@yonny616 What are you talking about? I never said the first Fantastic Four wasn't successful at the box-office. The reboot may be tracking better than Ant-Man, but that doesn't mean it will have stronger legs with all the bad buzz behind it. Also I don't even think it's likely that it's going to make $500 million at the box-office. People still have a bad taste in their mouths from the previous movies and this one is no exception. Hell, even Ant-Man is having trouble making at least $500 million, and that film has strong legs. Oh and what makes you think the 6/10 score isn't going to lower down? You're comparing it to other superhero movies that got the same score as if they started at that rating.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 What are you talking about? I never said the first Fantastic Four wasn't successful at the box-office. The reboot may be tracking better than Ant-Man, but that doesn't mean it will have stronger legs with all the bad buzz behind it. Also I don't even think it's likely that it's going to make $500 million at the box-office. People still have a bad taste in their mouths from the previous movies and this one is no exception. Hell, even Ant-Man is having trouble making at least $500 million, and that film has strong legs. Oh and what makes you think the 6/10 score isn't going to lower down? You're comparing it to other superhero movies that got the same score as if they started at that rating.
The what the hell was all that "X-Men success, F4 never had any luck" talk about? Says who? Ant-Man had production troubles as well. It was all gloom and doom for it. Never said it will make 500 million, just that that is the most optimistic outcome. The film supposedly has a similar budget as Ant-Man, it'll likely get a sequel with $400 million. Okay, and? "Strong legs". It was almost beaten by Pixels in its second week.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Yahoo's review: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/heres-the-thing-about-fantastic-four-its-125872066562.html

Damn, these reviews are all savage as fuck!

EDIT: Never mind. That review was just a reposted review from THR. Lazy asses over at yahoo.

Last edited by yonny616 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:30 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
The what the hell was all that "X-Men success, F4 never had any luck" talk about? Says who? Ant-Man had production troubles as well. It was all gloom and doom for it. Never said it will make 500 million, just that that is the most optimistic outcome. The film supposedly has a similar budget as Ant-Man, it'll likely get a sequel with $400 million. Okay, and? "Strong legs". It was almost beaten by Pixels in its second week.

I was talking about the quality of the films, not box-office success. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In 121042101 Difference is, Ant-Man is made by a trusted brand and got good reviews. I still wouldn't get my hopes up on it making $500 million at the box-office though. Yeah, ALMOST. It's still on the top 5 for like, what, three weeks?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I was talking about the quality of the films, not box-office success. Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In 121042101 Difference is, Ant-Man is made by a trusted brand and got good reviews. I still wouldn't get my hopes up on it making $500 million at the box-office though. Yeah, ALMOST. It's still on the top 5 for like, what, third week?
Studios don't give one fuck about critic ratings unless they're coming from arthouse/indie studios like Fox Searchlight, Focus Features, etc. Yes, and it still fell short opening weekend, droped almost 60% the follwing weekend and only made 12 million this past weekend. Blockbusters staying the top 5 for at least a month isn't uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:58 pm

@yonny616 Doesn't change the fact that Fox have yet to make a good Fantastic Four movie. Ant-Man's production problems have nothing to do with how much it made at the box-office.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Doesn't change the fact that Fox have yet to make a good Fantastic Four movie. Ant-Man's production problems have nothing to do with how much it made at the box-office.
Doesn't change the fact studios don't care if it isn't a critic darling as long as it makes that cash. And neither will Fantastic Four's.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 pm

@yonny616 Then why didn't they make a Fantastic Four 3?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Then why didn't they make a Fantastic Four 3?
Because the second made less than the first.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:28 pm

@yonny616 And why do you think that is?
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Bet it would get better reviews if it had Marvel Studio logo in there lol jk

They should just crossover with X-Men now that F4 seems doomed.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 And why do you think that is?
I don't know, it was actually a bit more successful, critically, than the first. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In   Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews For FANTASTIC FOUR Are In
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next