Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
Dam_Noir
ArchAngel
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Orion
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Nolanite 4 lyfe! Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 725796345

Nope, cause it's a fact that Bruce is women charmer and doesn't kill.

I like Batman 1989, only the first half though. When Batman drove into the factory dropped a bomb at the feet of a thug and drove off blowing up a factory full of people is when I was like :fuckthat: along with other things such as the Joker being the one who killed Bruce's parents parents and alfred letting Vicki Vale into the batcave. Now don't get me started on Retruns though. I do respect Burton's interpretation, even if I don't like it.

Nolan is the closest we've gotten to legit Batman films.

As for the voice, I agree, it can be overboard at times. Probably why I like how it's handled in Batman Begins.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Everyone knows that the 1966 Batman is the most legit Batman film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:03 pm

@Jack

But you basically criticized Nolan's Batman for being out of character as well. You just don't realize it yet.

Also if I'm an elitist then that makes you guys a Nolan elitist. Because it seems you guys will swallow anything the guy throws out at you.

I have accepted the changes Nolan has made in the first two films and still consider it a great trilogy. But am I lying that Nolan's Batman wasn't the best portrayal of the character?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Jack

But you basically criticized Nolan's Batman for being out of character as well. You just don't realize it yet.
Well I think even if Batman was created wholly by Nolan, I'd still not like him. He's just silly. That's all it boils down to.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:56 pm

The thing is that you guys say you don't care about accuracy, when that's all bullshit. This is the problem I have debating with non-comic book readers. We all basically can agree, but you don't seem to realize that a lot of flaws in the film have to do with not staying true to the source material.

Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man and Mark Ruffalo's Hulk has proven that staying closer to the comics does indeed matter.

Also in case you didn't know, Batman: The Animated Series is basically almost 95% faithful to the comics. Only difference is, the comics were a lot more darker, gritter, and violent. So you don't have to read the comics because you already know how Batman is suppose to be.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:05 pm

But I'm saying that The Dark Knight Rises could've replaced Batman with Jack Reacher and the voice would still be silly. It has nothing to do with how the character is SUPPOSED to be. It has to do with the fact that a serious action-drama should not have a main character who talks like that. It'd be silly no matter who was using the voice.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Well yeah, you're right. I dunno why Nolan thinks having that voice is a good idea. I cringed the first time I heard Batman's voice in The Dark Knight. It wasn't until The Dark Knight Rises where I realized Nolan's Batman just sucks. Both the voice and inaccuracies.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm

@Jack It's a good portrayal of the campy Batman. Razz

@Mecha Andrew's Spidey is good, but his Peter is totally off! Ruffalo was good, still prefer Norton.

Andrew's Peter is a total douche, skater. Ruffalo looks too big as Banner, can "control" his anger, and Hulk can get ordered around. Yup, source! I love you

Nolan and the edit group messed with Batman's voice since in Batman Begins the voice was criticized by sounding like a "ten year-old doing a deep voice". So blame the critics for the raspy voice.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah, because we all know Tobey wasn't a total douche at all after hitting Mary Jane. >_>

I admit, Mark Ruffalo doesn't exactly look like Bruce Banner, but I didn't say Bruce Banner now did I? Also don't act dumb, whether Hulk takes orders or not, he's still an Avenger. Besides, all Captain America said was, "Hulk, smash", which is what Hulk does best.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 am

:areyoufuckingk It was obvious venom was changing his character. She also messed with his jazz sawgg! Razz

You complain when the actor doesn't look like the character, Mecha. :wat: Never said he wasn't, still an order. Also they overpower Hulk, I know it's a film, but doesn't Hulk get stronger when he gets angrier? So why didn't he get angrier like Hulk is suppose to? :jackie:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 am

lol I love how you criticized Andrew as Peter, yet when I do the same to Tobey you quickly defend him as if he was any better. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 725796345

Also no, don't blame Venom for Tobey hitting MJ. That's bullshit. Venom doesn't make people hurt the ones they care about. Tobey was just too damn emo to handle the symbiote.

Yes, I complain when actors don't look exactly like their comic book counterpart. That's why I said he's a better Hulk, NOT Bruce Banner. As for Hulk getting angrier, yes he does get stronger each time he gets angry. But not like Ang Lee's Hulk though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:30 am

lol Never said hitting MJ wasn't a douche move. Razz Yes, I defended him, just like you're so quick to defend Andrews Peter. Well in this film it changed him, made him aggressive, emo, and loved jazz.

Ang lee Hulk? What's Ang lee Hulk? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 am

Because Andrew gets way too much fucking hate for no good reason. I haven't even heard an actual legitimate criticism on Andrew as Peter. It just seems people hate on him because either they grew up with Tobey and didn't read the comics before, or they just simply don't like the actor.

I just don't understand how you and Lykos criticize him, yet defend Nolan's Batman and Ang Lee's Hulk. Makes no sense. Yeah, Peter wasn't a skater, but Batman never gave up either. And Hulk doesn't continue to grow like a giant each time he gets angry.

Andrew is more accurately portrayed as Peter Parker/Spider-Man than Tobey. FACT. So suck my sweet juicy dick.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:04 am

I doubt it's sweet and juicy. I'd bet it's salty and dry, like a Slim Jim. Anywho, Peter isn't a douche skater in The Amazing Spider-Man. He's just a skater. Love how dissenters act as if he's a douchebag in the film just because he has a skateboard. I mean yeah, he is a douchebag for having a skateboard, but he doesn't ACT like a douchebag to anyone except the kid who bullied him on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 pm

When is the blu-ray trilogy coming out? Batman films that is ...
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
to just leave it without truly integrating a suitable replacement. And to fake his death, well . . . that's just dumb.

Saves Gotham from nuclear holocaust

>Still isn't happy

Last edited by Mikenuge on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 pm

@Stoney

Its already out, but there will be an ultimate edition of the trilogy on Blu-ray in a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:36 pm

>Enjoying the movie
>hear Bane's voice
>laugh my ass off
>See an awesome homage to Dark Knight Returns
>Hear Batman's voice
>Laugh my ass off
>see Batman VS Bane fight
>So anticlimactic
>Bane sounds fucking ridiculous
>Batman's identity is exposed
>why is he still doing that stupid fucking voice
lel
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 Image_10
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Guess comicfags don't like Batman ever making mistakes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 pm

@Teckno

Then you obviously don't know jack shit about Batman. There's a reason why he's a member of the Justice League, and if he were to make stupid mistakes like the one he pulled in The Dark Knight Rises, then he's useless to the team.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not going to bother arguing with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Lol it was a good movie, the voices were really fucking retarded though, and some other silly plot stuff, but those can be overlooked, still a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:02 pm

@Teckno

That's because you're a noob. Even Chobo, Jack, and Rambo know that was out of character for Batman.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Batman was actually REALLY out-of-character for the biggest part of the movie, not going to lie.

I still enjoyed it, though. It's not the greatest movie ever, but it works, and has its moments (As few as they are).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next