Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
Dam_Noir
ArchAngel
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Orion
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:04 am

My main problem is the voice, everytime I heard that retarded ass voice I began to take the scene as serious as an Adam west batman scene. DI'd no one think to stop and say "hey bale listen, you sound like a complete fucking joke" and don't give me that "he needs to mask his voice" bullshit, he can mask his voice without sounding like he's sucked so much dick that tried semen has completely crusted up his throat. All they had to do was make his voice similar to Bruce Greenwood or Kevin Conroy. Batmans voice is supposed to be natural, Bruce Waynes voice is the masked one, as Bruce Wayne is all a farce.

Another problem is the costume, he looks completely fucking stupid.
I really feel having a grey and black colour scheme like in the comics would have worked better than the movie version, also the cowl should mask his eyes as well, the stupid costume combined with the retarded voice and dopey facial expression with his mouth open all the time really hampered the experience.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 am

There's nothing wrong with the voice, you know why? Because Batman has NO definitive voice! Did the comic book panel start talking to you tahmidk? The voice is to mask his secret identity even further and to help intimidate. I would say Bale would get carried away with it at times, thats when Nolan should have told him to dial it down a bit. Batman Begins is the perfect example on how he should have done it throught the series. Also in Batman: TAS Kevin used two different voices for Bruce and Batman, even if it was a subtle change.

No it wouldn't work, Batman is a dark character that disappears into the night. The black color scheme makes sense for Batman to move in the shadows ninja-like. The masking of his eyes wouldn't work either. Same reason why Bane didn't have his eyes covered in none of the mask prototypes or final design. The eyes are important to show emotion, especially when your whole face is covered. Why do you think Cap always takes his mask off? And Tony at times too, when he talk. Also the mouth isn't always open.

These aren't problems with The Dark Knight Trilogy, this is your elitist/purist side showing.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 am

Fuck off yonny and get fucked in the bum behind the bike shed.

He needs eyes to show emotion? THE ONLY FUCKING EMOTION BATMAN NEEDS IS HIS RAGE AND ANGER AGAISNT CRIME.AND HIS VENGEANCE!!!

Also your saying batman has no definitive voice? Pretty much everyone agrees Kevin Conroy is the definitive batman voice. Even then im pretty sure when people pictures batmans voice they didn't imagine him having extreme throat cancer. Why do you think his voice is so ridiculed? He can mask his voice without sounding like a complete retard like in batman year one or other batman cartoons like batman tas. He looks completely fucking stupid and retarded, but then again with great lines like "my mother told me not to get into cars with strange men" "(throat cancer) THIS ISNT A CAR"

You Bale fanboys really are the worst..

NOTE: Mind the language, please. ~Akainu
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 am

His voice was pretty bad. I love how he spends millions on his suit and his gadgets and vehicles and whatnot, but can't fork over money for a voice changer. Sometimes his voice is downright comical. I was really into The Dark Knight Rises's final act until he said, "WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?!" at which point my friend and I burst out laughing. Also kinda funny how he uses the voice even when talking to people who know he's Bruce Wayne.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 am

LOL I don't go that way, but if you brought it up do you enjoy that, Tahmidk?

Yes he needs the eyeholes in the mask to show emotion. How is he going to show that emotion with out his eye? This isn't a animated film/TV cartoon/comic. This is a live action film, the thing that'll cover his eyes doesn't move, taking away the emotion that eyes can show. His eyes covered would be stupid.

Kevin Conroy has the best Batman voice, but it isn't definitive Batman voice because everyone has their own version of a Batman voice. How do you know what voice people imagined for Batman? Like I said the voice can get over the top at times, which is when Nolan should have told Bale to dial it back with the growl. In Batman Begins, Bale does the voice perfectly. Yet they still have subtle change in voice between Bruce and Batman when it came to TAS or any cartoons. Throat cancer? Guess death metal growling is them having throat cancer. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  725796345

You comic book elitist are so annoying. "Zomgz he is defending Bale, ughh Bale Fanboy!" or Nolanite. Razz

Also if you're going to rant, then please use the right section next time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 am

Even when people already know who he is, he puts on that voice. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  725796345
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 am

I pretty much don't care about his voice, but like TRF, I did find it rather ridiculous when he said "WHERE'S THE TRIGGER".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am

yonny616 wrote:
LOL I don't go that way, but if you brought it up do you enjoy that, Tahmidk?

Yes he needs the eyeholes in the mask to show emotion. How is he going to show that emotion with out his eye? This isn't a animated film/TV cartoon/comic. This is a live action film, the thing that'll cover his eyes doesn't move, taking away the emotion that eyes can show. His eyes covered would be stupid.

Kevin Conroy has the best Batman voice, but it isn't definitive Batman voice because everyone has their own version of a Batman voice. How do you know what voice people imagined for Batman? Like I said the voice can get over the top at times, which is when Nolan should have told Bale to dial it back with the growl. In Batman Begins, Bale does the voice perfectly. Yet they still have subtle change in voice between Bruce and Batman when it came to TAS or any cartoons. Throat cancer? Guess death metal growling is them having throat cancer. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  725796345

You comic book elitist are so annoying. "Zomgz he is defending Bale, ughh Bale Fanboy!" or Nolanite. Razz

Also if you're going to rant, then please use the right section next time.

Oh fuck off and quit trying to act like a high class prostitute, thats exactly what people said about Bane's mouth, he doesn't need the fucking eyes he could use his mouth to show off the emotion of rage and anger for vengeance and justice. Yes everyone has their own voice for Batman, but at what point, whenever did it indicate Batman would sound like he had crusted up semen clogging his throat up? i'm pretty sure no one when reading batman though "oh the jokers gas probably gave him throat cancer". You're acting as if it was so amazing, but the film was corny as fuck, some of the lines sound like it came out straight from Arrow on CW.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:07 pm

The only reason people would complain about Bane's mouth being covered is that it was somewhat difficult. So what happens when Batman's sad? Does he put on a frowny face? or when he's surprised about something does he open his mouth and gasp in shock? Eye's are needed, whether you can accept that or not. Are you mad that Superman doesn't have his curl? Or his trunk aren't over his tights? Or not having a "S" emblem on the cape?

Like I said, the voice helps him get full into Batman. It's used as a tool to intimidate and helps to cover his secret identity. Sure when the growl gets too heavy it's can be a bit ridiculous. We don't know what voice people used to read the comics, maybe some out there did give him a growl.

And we all know how bad the show Arrow is. eye roll If it's corny it's corny, it can't be a comic book movie/show without some of the cornyness showing itself.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Tenaciously arguing about the voice of Batman in a movie.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS BROSKIS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 pm

His voice makes me cringe, he sounds like a dying cow.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Zeratul wrote:
His voice makes me cringe, he sounds like a dying cow.

Zeratul you have just exposed yourself of knowing very little of Batman, and you're clearly not a fan. This is how some people imagine Batman's voice when reading the comcics and that's why they chose to use it
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  725796345 Tahmidk, you just exposed how pathetic you are by try to imitate me. Also whether you like the voice or not has nothing to do with being a fan of the character. Now please, learn where the rant section is and don't forget to add "My" to the title.

Comic elitists always seem to forget there are different interpretations of a character, even in comic books themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 pm

So just because there are many interpretations of Batman, we can't criticise how bad his voice is?

That's like saying we can't criticise Darksied in Smallville because there many interpretations of the character.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Mecha wrote:
So just because there are many interpretations of Batman, we can't criticise how bad his voice is?

That's like saying we can't criticise Darksied in Smallville because there many interpretations of the character.
You can't criticize Halle Berry's Catwoman since there are many interpretations of the character. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  528803
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  725796345 Tahmidk, you just exposed how pathetic you are by try to imitate me. Also whether you like the voice or not has nothing to do with being a fan of the character. Now please, learn where the rant section is and don't forget to add "My" to the title.

Comic elitists always seem to forget there are different interpretations of a character, even in comic books themselves.

Oh shit sorry, thanks for the information babe i guess because there are so many different interpretations of galactus, that gaseous galactus in Fantastic Four was good and that i can't have reasonable criticisms for it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Never said you have to like the interpretations. :content:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Never said you have to like the interpretations. :content:

But wouldn't that make us a comic book elitist. eye roll

Last edited by Mecha on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Lol you're only a comic elitist when you can't accept that film makers can create there own interpretation of a character and want a comic book copy & pasted into film, because that's much more exciting than a original story for the character. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Yonny's logic:

>stahp hating on my opinion
>ur opinion sux
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:25 pm

@yonny616

lolwut? Just because filmmakers can create their own interpretation of a comic book character doesn't mean it always turns out perfect. The same goes for comic book writters as well. When I criticize a comic book movie it's because the filmmakers make unnecessary changes that fail improve the original story. Not because I want a copy and pasted panel by panel comic book movie.

For example, the X-Men films try way too hard to be grounded by wearing the black leather suits instead of the classic yellow and blue spandex from the comics. Most of you non-comic readers might say, well who cares? Well let me tell you something, the reason why the X-Men wear the yellow and blue costumes is so that they can be recognized as superheroes like The Avengers and Fantastic Four. But when they wear the black leather suits, of course humans are going to be afraid of them lol.

Same goes for Deadpool, he wears a costume to hide his scars. He's the equivalent of Darth Vader. Without Vader's suit, you get Hayden Christensen.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
Without Vader's suit, you get Hayden Christensen.
*shudder*
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616

lolwut? Just because filmmakers can create their own interpretation of a comic book character doesn't mean it always turns out perfect. The same goes for comic book writters as well. When I criticize a comic book movie it's because the filmmakers make unnecessary changes that fail improve the original story. Not because I want a copy and pasted panel by panel comic book movie.

For example, the X-Men films try way too hard to be grounded by wearing the black leather suits instead of the classic yellow and blue spandex from the comics. Most of you non-comic readers might say, well who cares? Well let me tell you something, the reason why the X-Men wear the yellow and blue costumes is so that they can be recognized as superheroes like The Avengers and Fantastic Four. But when they wear the black leather suits, of course humans are going to be afraid of them lol.

Same goes for Deadpool, he wears a costume to hide his scars. He's the equivalent of Darth Vader. Without Vader's suit, you get Hayden Christensen.

Beautiful... :ultracry:

You took the words from my filth riddled mind and created what can only be described as
"yonny got owned so bad he turned into Kendo"
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 pm

@TRF How am I saying that?

@Mecha Never said there all successes. Look at the shumacher Batman films. I can respect Burton's & Shumacher's interpretation of his Batman films, doesn't mean I have to like it. Plus I don't see you as a comic book elitist Mecha. I see you as a Marvelite. Bitch and moan that they supposedly changed Ra's and Bane to irish and english, but when Mandarin isn't Chinese or Electro isn't Caucasian it's okay, because you know Marvel sticks to source. eye roll

@Tahmidk I haven't insulted anyone, not you or mecha. While me and Mecha seem to be able to have friendly debates, you resort to insults. :truestory:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm

@yonny616

I said it before and I'll say it again, Electro's origin has NOTHING to do with race. Ra's al Ghul, Bane, and The Mandarin however, do. You can not explain these character's origins without mentioning their backgrounds, it's impossible. It's like making an origin story of The Black Panther without bringing up Africa. Even Tom Hardy is fully aware that Bane is Hispanic.

I don't mind if these characters are played by white actors, but you can't just ignore these character's ethnicity. Which is probably one of the reasons why Nolan didn't bother telling Ra's al Ghul's and Bane's origins in the films.

As for The Mandarin, I'm waiting to see Iron Man 3 before I can give my full opinion. It's weird because you can tell that The Mandarin is still Chinese in the film, only the actor playing him is not Chinese. Yes, The Mandarin's mother was English, but a non-comic book reader wouldn't know that. They would be very confused. Even if you pick up a comic, The Mandarin will still come off as Chinese as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next