Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy

Go down 
+9
ArchAngel
Stoney
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
yonny616
The Enkindler
Orion
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which's the best?
 Batman Begins
 The Dark Knight
 The Dark Knight Rises
View results
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy Empty
PostSubject: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 am

I'd like it if you guys could actually give a REASON why it's the best, (Or your fav) Would make the debates going as well.

I'll have to say The Dark Knight. It's the one with the best villain, but also (IMO) the best Dialogue and twists in the Trilogy. I also absolutely loved the ending where:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 am

Batman Begins has a better story, but The Dark Knight has The Joker. So The Dark Knight wins!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 am

The Dark Knight was the best, but i do feel the entire trilogy is kinda overrated, they're great no doubt, but not AS good as people make them out to be...

ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPARED TO THE COMICS :lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Batman Begins, I loved the story more than the rest and it has Liam fucking Neeson.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 pm

I love all 3, but it has to be The Dark Knight. It set the bar for any comic book movie in about every aspect possible. Even The Dark Knight Rises just met the bar, didn't push it futher.

Quote :
ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPARED TO THE COMICS :lulzsec:
That's why you never compare a film to a comic. Comics have the time to develop characters throughout issues, while films don't really have that unless they're 5 hours long.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm

The Dark Knight films are great, but as comic book adaptations they are kinda weak. It's like everything had to be dumbdown just for the sake realism, not because it would improve the story.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm

The Dark Knight It has a legendary performance by Heath Ledger playing the fucking Joker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:41 pm

The Dark Knight is my favorite in terms of tone, theme, and acting. It's so much more gripping than the other two. Batman Begins comes in second because it focuses more on character as opposed to just shoving Batman on screen as much as possible. Finally, there's The Dark Knight Rises which is enjoyable but cheesy as fuck and pretty poorly-framed story-wise.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Actually, I found Batman Begins to have the best tone out of the three. It was darker and more serious, which also made it that much better.

Though, its villain was laughable, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:16 pm

The REAL Ra's al Ghul > Liam Neeson
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
The REAL Ra's al Ghul > Liam Neeson

Liam Neeson > Earth and it's people.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:11 am

dark night rises cuz its the only one i watched...theres my reason
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 am

Zeratul wrote:
Really? Why would you watch it if you didn't see Batman Begins or The Dark Knight? It's not like they're all self-contained stories; there is a continuity to the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Really? Why would you watch it if you didn't see Batman Begins or The Dark Knight? It's not like they're all self-contained stories; there is a continuity to the trilogy.

I think I read something about Christopher Nolan saying each film wasn't necessarily made to fulfill a trilogy, but more of a stand alone title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 am

Teckno wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

I think I read something about Christopher Nolan saying each film wasn't necessarily made to fulfill a trilogy, but more of a stand alone title.
I'm not saying it was meant to fulfill a trilogy, but there is a continuity to them. It's not like James Bond where you can, for the most part, just jump into any movie and not be lost. If you haven't seen Batman Begins then you won't really understand the villain's motivation in The Dark Knight Rises, nor will you appreciate Jonathan Crane's cameos in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. If you haven't seen The Dark Knight then you won't understand why Bruce Wayne is holed up in his manor. I'm not saying it's absolutely necessary that you watch them in order, but the films are far from stand-alone.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy 537589_373567422739085_2023307994_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:45 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Because I never was really into super heroes but Bane looked awesome from the trailers.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 am

Something about Batman Begins has always endeared it to me. The training scene with Liam Neeson changed my life. PLUS Batman didn't have that throat cancer voice.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:56 am

Batman Begins is the best, it was the only film to ever touch on Bruce Wayne's formative years which in turn gave Nolan a certain degree of creative freedom considering how well established the character of Batman is and the movie did a cracking job of it.

The Dark Knight is also a great movie but it was sadly spoilt by the fact the movie was building up to the point where Batman would have to go against his moral code and kill the Joker for the greater good, as it was proven over the course of the movie that there was no way to contain the pure chaos that he embodied but in the end the movie whimpered out on doing this due to Heath Ledger's death which in turn undermined the entire plot.

The Dark Knight Rises has it's problems but atleast the plot isn't centred around a non-event like The Dark Knight, however I was very disappointed at how easily Bane was dismissed without so much as a bye or leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm

TDK ending without The Joker dying has nothing to do with Heath Ledger's death. He died AFTER shooting had wrapped up. Not in the middle of the process.

Plus, if Batman had killed The Joker, he would have violated his own moral and the Joker would have gotten what he wanted. He would've beaten Batman at his own game.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:46 pm

@Dam_Noir

Umm, no. Batman killing the Joker would be completely out of character. Besides, Joker was set to return in The Dark Knight Rises, but for obvious reasons he didn't.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I'd have liked to see The Joker return. He was an unexpected, sadistic villain. He was also WAY more interesting than what Bane was in The Dark Knight Rises.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:09 pm

The Joker is way more evil than Bane. The only reason why Bane caused more chaos is because he has the League of Shadows and Gotham's prisoners on his side.

In fact, Bane is not that evil at all. He sacrificed his life to save Batman once in the comics. Something that's impossible for the Joker to do, despite the fact he can't live without Batman.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Well, I don't know much about the comics, but Bane wasn't really that evil in TDKR. I mean, comparing The Joker throwing Rachel out of a building, blowing her to death and Bane Hi-jacking a Plane, along with him robbing a bank (Or-whatever-he-now-did, long time since I last saw it), is actually quite laughable.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm

You can pretty much say the same about any other Batman villain. Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy   Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Batman Film in The Dark Knight Trilogy
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next