Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
Dam_Noir
ArchAngel
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Orion
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:43 am

Eh, how is Justice League realistic?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 am

Well not realistic like Nolan's Batman, but they'll have it grounded like Man of Steel if it's a shared universe.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 am

I'm really started to dislike those words, "grounded" and "realistic", but I do kinda agree. I don't want Justice League to be corny and light-hearted like The Avengers. That's what makes DC different than Marvel, their comics are more mature and character driven, so the same should be treated with the films as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 am

Why the hell did Batman gave her a gun?

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Probably so she can leave and manage to defend her-self since there's a massive brawl going on outside. :cerealguy:

Also, why the hell did they loop the whole WHERE'S THE TRIGGER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Well it's obvious that Catwoman can defend herself without them, while he doesn't really know if Miranda can defend herself at all.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Then why send her outside? Shouldn't she have stayed inside where, I dunno, its safe?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:14 pm

He gave it to her because it was convenient to the plot. That's why half the shit in The Dark Knight Rises happened, regardless of whether or not it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Okay so you're telling me Batman shouldn't gave her the gun, cause he smacked it out Catwoman's hands earlier? Then by that logic he should've smacked the guns off any cop that had them and say "No guns, no killing." Also he tells her to cover the doors while he searches/interrogates Bane.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 pm

No, its Batman's rule. Always has been. Batman can't stop everyone from using a gun, but actually giving a gun to someone doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm

"I am against killing, but I want you to have this gun so you can do it for me."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:51 pm

I swear, they could have removed the costume and it still wouldn't make a difference. I don't care what anyone says, Nolan's Batman sucks. Christian Bale is a good Bruce Wayne, but that doesn't mean he is a good Batman as well.

No wonder the reboot is going to be called THE BATMAN.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah his Batman was almost as silly as Schumacher's. Only difference being that Schumacher TRIED to make his Batman silly. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:28 pm

I hate to say this, but at least Joel Schumacher tired to explore Batman's mental illness from the comics, instead of all this symbol bullshit from Nolan.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I like how you all act like Nolan's Batman trilogy is laughable 'cause of the TDKR, even though you were all licking Nolan's nuts with the last 2 installments. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:55 pm

I admit, I loved the first two films, and I still do. But then Nolan slightly downgraded the whole trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. Then you start to realize that they're just not great Batman films. The only reason people praise it so much is because of Heath Ledger's Joker, that's it.

Nolan is a great filmmaker, but he doesn't fully understand the Batman mythology, which he admitted many times during his interviews. Hell, he didn't even know who Bane was until David S. Goyer introduced the character to him.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
I admit, I loved the first two films, and I still do. But then Nolan slightly downgraded the whole trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. Then you start to realize that they're just not great Batman films. The only reason people praise it so much is because of Heath Ledger's Joker, that's it.

Nolan is a great filmmaker, but he doesn't fully understand the Batman mythology, which he admitted many times during his interviews. Hell, he didn't even know who Bane was until David S. Goyer introduced the character to him.

*I love the other 2 Batman films*

*You realize they're not great Batman films*

lolwut?

Also, I'd like to see some proof that Nolan didn't know Bane "Until David S. Goyer introduced him to him" I find it highly doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:15 pm

They're great films, but not good Batman movies. If that makes sense.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/christopher-nolan-reveals-he-didnt-know-bane-before-the-dark-knight-rises
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:32 pm

I love how the original post just bitches about banes voice yet has no problem with the fact that batman sounds like he's wearing a snorkel mask.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Bane is Latino, so his voice is acceptable. Where as Batman's voice is just plain laughable.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:44 pm

He gave it to her to defend herself and to cover the door. Yeah you know, make her cover the door with no weapon, should be intimidating. I love you

The reboot isn't titled like that, it's rumored.

Batman Begins IS the best Batman film! Also Heath's performance is amazing, but he isn't the best thing in the film. Aron Eckhart had an amazing performance too, just that it gets overshadowed because everyone loves the Joker.

He didn't know Bane 100%, but he knew Shumacher Bane, which is why David Goyer had to show him the true Bane.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm

lol they could have made Batman gay and a murderer and you still probably would have defended it. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 725796345

Honestly, I don't know how you can read the comics and still defend Nolan's Batman so much? Especially considering that you criticized Tim Burton's Batman for not being 100% true to the comics.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
Bane is Latino, so his voice is acceptable. Where as Batman's voice is just plain laughable.

This is true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
lol they could have made Batman gay and a murderer and you still probably would have defended it. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 528803

Honestly, I don't know how you can read the comics and still defend Nolan's Batman so much? Especially considering that you criticized Tim Burton's Batman for not being 100% true to the comics.
It's not even a problem with accuracy, for me at least. I don't have any expectation of how Batman is SUPPOSED to be, it's just that the voice is silly as hell, whether you're an elitist like yourself or not. Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy    Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Dark Knight Trilogy
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next