Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey

Go down 
+12
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
solidstudios
Pein
igame
Hydell
Stoney
Orc
NoelX2
Based Sonji
Bluenose
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 pm

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/rumor-metal-gear-solid-hd-trilogy-coming-to-ps3

-A high-definition release of the first three Metal Gear Solid games may be on the way for PlayStation 3, according to a rumor in the most recent issue of UK’s Official PlayStation Magazine.

The information comes from the magazine’s ‘Insider Whispers’ section, where it claims the “first three” games are currently “in the facelift queue” for PlayStation 3.

Stay tuned.

Thanks, CVG.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stoney is going to drown in his own saliva.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 pm

OH YEAH.

OH YEAH.

OH YEAH.

DO THAT SEXY DAAAAAAAANCE.

Hyped as FUCK.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Wow....how many HD ports has there been? I've lost count after GoW (Yes, I'm stupid. Dont judge me).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:09 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Wow....how many HD ports has there been? I've lost count after GoW (Yes, I'm stupid. Dont judge me).

God of War
Sly Cooper

Soon to be:

ICO/SOTC
Tomb Raider
Splinter Cell
(Rumored) Final Fantasy
(Rumored) Metal Gear Solid
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 am

Or they could just re-release backwards compatibility so you don't have to pay 3 times the price of something you may already have :face:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 am

I remember reading an article where a Sony rep specifically said "when fans see what Square and Konami are doing with FF and MGS, they should be excited" (Paraphrasing).

I expect to here something at E3. Man 2011, absolute wallet rape. Can't wait to play MGS 1-3 in HD. :salivate: :
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Wallet Rape? No no no.....BANK RAPE.....OVERDRAFT RAPE.....THOUSANDS IN DEBT COS I CANT PAY BACK LOANS.....NO KNEECAPS LEFT COS I CANT PAY THE LOAN SHARK
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Reaper wrote:
Wallet Rape? No no no.....BANK RAPE.....OVERDRAFT RAPE.....THOUSANDS IN DEBT COS I CANT PAY BACK LOANS.....NO KNEECAPS LEFT COS I CANT PAY THE LOAN SHARK

It will be worth it! Kneecaps!? Overrated in my opinion, as long as I can keep me thumbs eh? Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey 3128676713
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Can't you already play MGS 1-3 in HD on a PC?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:52 pm

igame wrote:

Who cares. You could already play MGS1-3 last-gen. HD doesn't make much difference.
Add more content or laaaaameee.

I think it's stupid personally..
Backwards compatibility ftw.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 pm

i have mgs2 and mgs3 right for my ps2 while i have mgs1 for psn
nothing exciting for me
but i can't wait for the ico collection
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Villager
Villager
solidstudios

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:02 pm

O.O consider it already bought for me >Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey 2505020059
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Lykos wrote:
Or they could just re-release backwards compatibility so you don't have to pay 3 times the price of something you may already have :face:

But they know people will buy it, and it makes them more money over adding backwards compatibility.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

Who cares. You could already play MGS1-3 last-gen. HD doesn't make much difference.

Not everyone got to play those games, i only got the chance to play MGS2, i don't have my ps2 so if i could get to play all 3 games on my ps3 in HD then that would be pretty awesome, sure there isn't any added content that i know of
but those games were pretty fucken awesome, i don't think adding anything would make em any better

Even if i had backwards compatibility, i would still buy the collection and play all 3 of them.
It might be stupid to some people, but GOW Collection already proved that some people are interested in buying ps2 games in HD
Thus the reason more titles are doing the same

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Lykos wrote:
Don't be ridiculous. That would make perfect sense. Why would they do something that makes perfect sense when instead they can go the route that involves HD?

HD > common sense
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

30FPS isn't bad either......
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 am

This will be a day one buy for me.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

Okay then. It's your money.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Lykos wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

You're right. It is. I'm tired of people complaining about Sony not adding BC. I rather buy these new revamped games than play the originals Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey 725796345
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

You're right. It is. I'm tired of people complaining about Sony not adding BC. I rather buy these new revamped games than play the originals Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey 725796345

But wouldn't you still want to play some old PS2 games on your PS3 too? Id rather have all original PS2 games then very few revamped onces.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 pm

I only like remakes on PS3 if they actually add something new other than HD visuals. I don't want to spend 40 bucks unless I'm getting a new experience or even a slightly altered one.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

As long as the greatest games get their makeovers, I'm fine.

Sony should keep doing what they're doing. It's making them bank.

But wouldn't you still want to play some old PS2 games on your PS3 too? Id rather have all original PS2 games then very few revamped onces.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

As great as I think Sony is, I do think it's kinda lame of them, removing backwards-compatibility and all.
Back to top Go down
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
UltraZFury

Stature : 1
Australia
Playing : Maxed out

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:37 pm

TRF wrote:
As great as I think Sony is, I do think it's kinda lame of them, removing backwards-compatibility and all.

It was to save money on development. They are still losing money after several years of it being out even without the backwards-compatibility.
Back to top Go down
http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

As long as the greatest games get their makeovers, I'm fine.

Sony should keep doing what they're doing. It's making them bank.

Well as long as Sony is making money, then who cares right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey   Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid Triliogy May Make It's Way to the PSTrey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next