Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.    Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 6:09 am

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/06/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-the-splinter-cell-effect?abthid=52297c7c13532e4667000025

Quote :
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - The Splinter Cell Effect Slow-mo executions, regenerating health, and more changes coming.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes seems, above all else, safe, despite its subtle but significant changes. The prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which eases players to the main game’s open-world elements, introduces numerous new elements to the franchise, none of which stand out as exceptionally interesting on their own. In unison, one after the other, and in the context of the next Big Boss story, these changes shake up the norm, disrupting expectations with more modern systems. The stealth, action, interrogation, infiltration, and navigation mechanics feel familiar in ways that feel equal parts right and wrong.

When I left the debut gameplay demo of Ground Zeroes, one thought looped in my mind: This is an exceptional Splinter Cell sequel.
Quote :
Boss sprints, slides, climbs, and tags enemies like Sam Fisher has since 2009’s Splinter Cell:
Conviction
Quote :
Before a guard enters an alert state, you’ll get a button prompt indicating you’re busted. Hold the left trigger, and you’ll briefly freeze time, giving you the opportunity to pump a couple quiet bullets into an alarmed enemy’s eyeballs.
Quote :
Ground Zeroes is deviating from what’s always made the series special to me. If you’re a Splinter Cell fan, you may be having deja vu. This has “Conviction” written all over it.
And fuck Kiefer Sutherland the horrible cunt.

Quote :
The disinterested, disarming cadence of Kiefer Sutherland’s phoned-in performance flattens the roguish charm of Big Boss, creating a generic almost-tough guy lead whose gameplay traits draw more from Sam Fisher than Solid Snake.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.    Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:54 am

Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  Wat810
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.    Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh fuck....
Well the series had a good run, i don't really count anything after MGS4 canon

I feel like this is the transition from Resident Evil 4 to Resident Evil 5
The regenerative health and more action and less stealth really rubs me the wrong way
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.    Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm

They were bound to fuck up after a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.    Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 pm

People still doubting Kojima, let alone calling any work of his "terrible" before it is even released, is a joke at this point.

He commands a certain amount of respect at this point as he is one of the GOATs. Ya'll need to chill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.    Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid V will be terrible.
Page 1 of 1