Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero

Go down 
+5
igame
The Enkindler
NoelX2
RamboOnRedBull
Stoney
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 am

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Screenshot_289481_thumb_wide940

Quote :
Kojima Productions has offered a first look into its latest Metal Gear title at a special one-off event in Tokyo. The game, called Metal Gear Sold: Ground Zeroes, is said to feature real-time cut-scenes and open world gameplay. It will run on Team Kojima's new Fox Engine. It was revealed on stage by the Kojima studio during the Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary event. However, new information on the project is scarce because Konami has imposed certain restrictions on reporting on the game.

But the demonstration itself appears to have impressed those in attendance who later went on Twitter to eulogise the new project.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/365411/kojima-reveals-new-metal-gear-solid-game-running-on-fox-engine/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 am

OPEN WORLD MGS???!!!!!

GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!! EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Chan_761
upload photo

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 am

HOLY SHIT! Surprised

Going to be awesome as hell.

Though, I expect it to be a Next-Gen title?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
HOLY SHIT! Surprised

Going to be awesome as hell.

Though, I expect it to be a Next-Gen title?

pc

for now

Last edited by shigdig on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:49 pm

ERMAHGERD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm

ohhhhhhhhh i cant wait for this. i can only imagine what the world will be like. & THE GUUUNS, OHHH THE GUNS.

i just noticed snake is holding my waifu in that picture

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Fnc-up10
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 pm

It's on PC?

OMFG! YES!!!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Is it just me, or is Big Boss's eye patch on the wrong side? If it was covering his right eye, which it should be, the strap would be left side not the right side .....

:scratch:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Why does every game have to be open-world? Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero 3207161686
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about it being open world? Anyone who has played MGS4 knows what I'm talking about. It took me like 2 weeks to beat the open city level.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:14 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Why does every game have to be open-world? Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero 3207161686
Because everyone hates you. Lol jk
But open-world games are okay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 pm

@Stoney

Great eyes you have!

On MGS2 Big Boss has the eye patch on the left side, oppose to the
right side as seen on pretty much every other MGS game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:32 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Yeah but it doesn't always work for the best. I think it'll especially fail for a stealth game.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Yeah but it doesn't always work for the best. I think it'll especially fail for a stealth game.

You could be stealthy on Fallout 3, it wasn't the point of the game and it was very basic but it was a choice, i'm sure that someone
who has been making stealthy games for so many years can apply more ways to make it complex and still work.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:47 pm

igame wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

You could be stealthy on Fallout 3, it wasn't the point of the game and it was very basic but it was a choice, i'm sure that someone
who has been making stealthy games for so many years can apply more ways to make it complex and still work.
I guess, although most of the stealth in those Bethesda games was in corridors and other buildings. I don't see full open world stealth working too well but I'll keep an open mind about it.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 pm

^^^

I don't think Kojima confirmed it to be open world vis a vis, Fallout, Oblivion etc, my guess is that the missions are just huge in scale, no more loading screens when going from section to section.

igame, Big Boss wasn't in MGS 2, that was Solidus Snake, and ye, he wore and eye patch on his left eye.

I think I'm onto something here, unless it was a glaring oversight at KojiPro.

Solidus Snake -

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero 20111008011836!Solidus_Snake

Big Boss (circa 2014) -

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Big_Boss_MGS4

As you can see, Solidus was the perfect clone of Big Boss, he looks just like him, albeit 40 years younger, the reason he looks so old is because of the accelerated ageing he suffers from, just like Solid Snake in MGS4.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Lol holy crap, i really need to play MGS and replay MGS2.

You are totally right man, there is so much stuff i still don't understand from the
MGS series. You sure know your stuff Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 pm

WTF GUYS

A metal gear solid discussion and nobody mentioned Metal gear Rising yet? I R DISSAPOINT!

Anyway sounds really interesting, open world would be a really refreshing take on the stealth genre.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Wait a minute, so this is the MGS5 the rumors been talking about?
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
WTF GUYS

A metal gear solid discussion and nobody mentioned Metal gear Rising yet? I R DISSAPOINT!

Anyway sounds really interesting, open world would be a really refreshing take on the stealth genre.

Maybe because Rising is irrelevant to stealth games and we don't know enough about it.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 am

What we know is that it's a spin off and it has nothing to do with the main games.

And Toxic, you just mentioned it in your post, SHAME ON YOU! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT NIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm

shigdig wrote:

"Gameplay" demo. 9 minutes cutscene, 1 minute gameplay. dufuck Kojima.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
shigdig wrote:

"Gameplay" demo. 9 minutes cutscene, 1 minute gameplay. dufuck Kojima.

I HIGHLY ADVISE YOU TO WATCH THE EXTENDED ONE ON IGN. IT ALSO HAS COMMENTARY. & HE SAYS THAT YOUL BE ABLE TO DRIVES CARS, HUMVEES, APCs, & HELICOPTERS!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next