Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+2
yonny616
Archduke
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Nothing Sacred [William A. Wellman/1937] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Creed 10/10

My favorite film of 2015 so far. An absolute classic that I will remember forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Recommend me some movies/directors that have good black comedy like Corn Brothers and Tarantino
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Orion wrote:
Recommend me some movies/directors that have good black comedy like Corn Brothers and Tarantino

Pink Flamingos, Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom and A Serbian Film.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Creed [Ryan Coogler/2015] = 5/5

One of the best films I've seen - no doubt.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Detour [Edgar G. Ulmer/1945] = 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace [George Lucas/1999] = 2/10

Bad acting, 1-dimensional characters including villains who don't even get proper characterization, a mess of bad CGI galore (this film has not really aged well), really retarded plot-line and bad execution that makes you think that a good portion of this film is filler, and filled with plot conveniences out the wazoo. Not to mention, that Anakin in this film is a plot-device, and the kid playing him just flat-out sucked. Oh, and the script written for this film is filled with really bad dialogue. This movie is literal shit. An abysmal waste of time, and the beginning of George Lucas cuckolding the entire SW lore and fanbase. I only really liked the score by John Williams, as the music for this film was great. Didn't care for the CGI-mess podracing scene, and the Darth Maul fight at the end of the film was meh at best. Very cool to watch, but little to no human emotion behind it and over before you know it. I don't even need to mention the stupidity of introducing Jar Jar Binks and the entire Gungan race, who don't even need to exist honestly.

If anybody wants to see a long but-very well explained analysis of why this film is bad, as well as the rest of the prequel trilogy, check out RedLetterMedia's videos on them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5919C8DE6F720A2D

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 1:40 am

Creed (2015) 9.5/10

This film gave me the serious case of feels.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
Creed (2015) 9.5/10

My favorite parts of Creed were the fight scenes. I still think it's some of the best boxing I've seen - if not, my favorite boxing sequences overall. 

That ending was pretty great as well, to be honest. I thought they were going to the cliché'd route, but they managed to do something new while also paying respect to the original.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 3:09 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Creed (2015) 9.5/10

My favorite parts of Creed were the fight scenes. I still think it's some of the best boxing I've seen - if not, my favorite boxing sequences overall. 

That ending was pretty great as well, to be honest. I thought they were going to the cliché'd route, but they managed to do something new while also paying respect to the original.

The fight scenes in Creed were so well done, that I completely forgot about the fight scenes in Southpaw, lol!

Also I too thought that the film was going to take the cliche route as well. Yet I got a lot more out of it emotionally than what you would get if it was a typical happy ending. There's just something about the bond between the two characters that makes it far more powerful than just showing us the characters achieving their goals. It's weird because you hope the characters win, yet you get something far more out of it than that instead. It's kinda hard to explain.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Creed (2015) 9.5/10

The fight scenes in Creed were so well done, that I completely forgot about the fight scenes in Southpaw, lol!

Also I too thought that the film was going to take the cliche route as well. Yet I got a lot more out of it emotionally than what you would get if it was a typical happy ending. There's just something about the bond between the two characters that makes it far more powerful than just showing us the characters achieving their goals. It's weird because you hope the characters win, yet you get something far more out of it than that instead. It's kinda hard to explain.

Yeah, I agree.

Wen Adonis was fighting that guy at the end of the film, I was just rooting for him to smash him to pieces, lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) 9/10

I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give anything away. But I will say that this perfectly captures the spirit of the original Star Wars films in every way. Is it a perfect film? No. But neither are the originals, as much as we may love them. I'm not sure where I would rank this on my top favorite Star Wars list? It's MILES better than the prequels that's for damn sure. But I think it's going to take a few more viewings and time before people consider this one of the best Star Wars movies out there. Rest assure though, Star Wars is back, baby!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:08 am

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 3.5/10

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
5/10

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 6.5/10

It's definitely a good starwars film, and a decent movie overall, but disappointing compared to the original trilogy. Episodes 4 and 5 were better.

EDIT: Changed my score to better reflect my overall feelings after reflecting on the movie I've just watched.

Last edited by Archduke on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:15 am

Archduke wrote:
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 7/10

It's definitely a good starwars film, and a solid movie overall, but disappointing compared to the original trilogy. Episodes 4 and 5 were better.

HA! I noticed you didn't say Episode VI. A lot of Star Wars fans are starting to think Episode VII is better than Episode VI actually.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:21 am

It's been awhile since I've seen episode 6, but I'll probably agree with that. Episode 6 was good, but kinda lousy in some areas. It's definitely the worst out of the originals.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 am

I think one thing that The Force Awakens does better than Return of the Jedi is the tone.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:42 am

Ehh, the comedy reminded me of MCU films, which weren't a good thing lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 6:32 am

Okay, I'm not going to lie, The Force Awakens does have some of the modern day humor that a lot of blockbusters have nowadays. Still, most of the humor is the kinda humor that you see in the original films as well. Plus I don't think they over do it with the humor like Marvel does.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:25 am

I agree to that extent. The humor in the MCU is some of the worst things I've witnessed in an action movie. Hell, that's one of the reasons why I hated Avengers: AoU. That, and they pretty much messed up everything with Ultron.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Yeah, Marvel is going a little too far with the humor. I mean, Ultron is suppose to be a serious threat, like he is in the comics. But they made him very jokey and gave him these stupid one-liners. That's NOT Ultron.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Not going to lie though, seeing the Civil War trailer in the theater last night has me really interested in the movie. It reminded me of The Winter Soldier, which I loved. Seeing Cap. and Bucky Barnes beating up Iron Man was cool as hell. I'm actually really looking forward to that now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Would have been better if it had Spoderman.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh, he will be in it. Just you wait.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 6:21 pm

From Up on Poppy Hill (Kokuriko-zaka Kara) [Goro Miyazaki/2011] = 6/10

It's a fun watch. Pretty boring at times, with a plot so basic that I really don't even need to explain it. But, the characters are nice and interesting, and the music is decent. The animation is decent as well. Nothing special, but a good watch regardless.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 11:46 pm

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

The Force Awakens was a great time. I loved Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega), and Poe (Oscar Issac). Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) was awesome and a total badass. So I'm excited to see more from these characters. The film has some great action, which by the way is very well choreographed, that makes you want to cheer, some nice jokes for laughs, some amazing visuals, and good writing. Though with the good, there is some bad. Captain Phasma was a complete disappointment. She literally does nothing of importance after all the hype for her. The film is also pretty predictable and has a lot of plot conveniences, along with feeling like a setup for the trilogy rather than trying to stand on its own - I seriously felt like the film was in its second act when we were in the final one - but even with all my problems with it, it's still an incredible fun time.

Score: 3.5/5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next