Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+2
yonny616
Archduke
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 1:39 am

The only reason people expected more out of Captain Phasma, is because she simply looks cool, lol! I don't think the writers expected her to get some kinda reaction before she was designed and stuff. After all, Captain Phasma was originally suppose to be a role for a male. HOPEFULLY, she returns in Episode VIII. As for the film just being a set up and not standing on it's own, most Star Wars films are like that. Especially The Empire Strikes Back, which is considered to be the best in the franchise. So I expected it to be episodic like all of the other films, which I why I don't consider it as a negative.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
The only reason people expected more out of Captain Phasma, is because she simply looks cool, lol! I don't think the writers expected her to get some kinda reaction before she was designed and stuff. After all, Captain Phasma was originally suppose to be a role for a male. HOPEFULLY, she returns in Episode VIII. As for the film just being a set up and not standing on it's own, most Star Wars films are like that. Especially The Empire Strikes Back, which is considered to be the best in the franchise. So I expected it to be episodic like all of the other films, which I why I don't consider it as a negative.
Riiiight. They make her the only chrome trooper and they didn't expect some kind of reaction. eye roll I highly doubt that. Who cares if she was suppose to be male? What does that change? The character was still underused.

Spoiler:

Maybe it's because I haven't seen the last 6 films in a long time, but a film still shouldn't feel like it's missing its third act.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 12:50 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Riiiight. They make her the only chrome trooper and they didn't expect some kind of reaction. eye roll I highly doubt that. Who cares if she was suppose to be male? What does that change? The character was still underused.

Spoiler:

Maybe it's because I haven't seen the last 6 films in a long time, but a film still shouldn't feel like it's missing its third act.

I said BEFORE they designed her. Meaning, it was accidental. The writers didn't know the character was going to get any popularity while they were writing her. Hell, J.J. Abrams even admitted that he didn't even named her Captain Phasma until he first saw how they designed her. Stop blaming the filmmakers just because you had certain expectations for a character. Because she (he at the time) was probably written as some random Stormtrooper. But because she had a very cool design, people expected more out of her.

The Empire Strikes Back feels like it's missing a third act, yet it is considered the best in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
I said BEFORE they designed her. Meaning, it was accidental. The writers didn't know the character was going to get any popularity while they were writing her. Hell, J.J. Abrams even admitted that he didn't even named her Captain Phasma until he first saw how they designed her. Stop blaming the filmmakers just because you had certain expectations for a character. Because she (he at the time) was probably written as some random Stormtrooper. But because she had a very cool design, people expected more out of her.

The Empire Strikes Back feels like it's missing a third act, yet it is considered the best in the franchise.
Okay, before they designed her they didn't expect her to look cool. Wow. Such insight there, Mecha. Yeah, and Abrams also admitted she was his favorite character. No, I won't stop blaming the filmmakers when they helped build the expectations on that character only for it to fall flat. Again, why does it matter if she was previously a male character? It literally doesn't change anything. She was still used as a random Stormtrooper, no, a random stromtrooper was used better than an actual character heavily pushed in the marketing of the film. No, people expect more from her because of all the marketing push the character had.

I haven't seen it in a long time, but if I remember correctly, no it doesn't. It leaves it off on a cliffhanger, but it still manages to have all 3 fleshed out arcs.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Okay, before they designed her they didn't expect her to look cool. Wow. Such insight there, Mecha. Yeah, and Abrams also admitted she was his favorite character. No, I won't stop blaming the filmmakers when they helped build the expectations on that character only for it to fall flat. Again, why does it matter if she was previously a male character? It literally doesn't change anything. She was still used as a random Stormtrooper, no, a random stromtrooper was used better than an actual character heavily pushed in the marketing of the film. No, people expect more from her because of all the marketing push the character had.

I haven't seen it in a long time, but if I remember correctly, no it doesn't. It leaves it off on a cliffhanger, but it still manages to have all 3 fleshed out arcs.

You wouldn't even care if she looked cool or not, because she's basically just a higher rank Stormtrooper. Adding chrome to her was the designer's idea, not the writers. Again, blame yourself for having those expectations. I keep bringing her being a male as a way to point out how completely different the writers visioned the character while they were still writing the script. Yes, there was a lot of marketing push around Captain Plasma. But blame the marketing team for that, not the filmmakers.

And The Force Awakens didn't have 3 fleshed out arcs how?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:15 am

Mecha wrote:
You wouldn't even care if she looked cool or not, because she's basically just a higher rank Stormtrooper. Adding chrome to her was the designer's idea, not the writers. Again, blame yourself for having those expectations. I keep bringing her being a male as a way to point out how completely different the writers visioned the character while they were still writing the script. Yes, there was a lot of marketing push around Captain Plasma. But blame the marketing team for that, not the filmmakers.

Okay.... Yes, and Abram's who helped write the script chose that design. I do blame myself. I blame myself for buying their bullshit. The marketing team, Abrams, and the actress all pushed this character into the lime light, hyping her up, only for it to be bullshit. Okay.... AND? Who cares? What changes to my problem with the character being overhyped? Nothing that's what. If Phasma was still male with the same outcome then it'd be just as disappointing. Abrams was part of the marketing team so I'll blame that fucker too.

The film doesn't give proper closure. It's all rushed in the third act. They present something then move on immediately. I worked today and many people coming out of the film were saying the same thing. One guy asked and older man if this is how A New Hope felt - unfulfilling. The older guy did enjoy it though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 10:02 am

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Okay.... Yes, and Abram's who helped write the script chose that design. I do blame myself. I blame myself for buying their bullshit. The marketing team, Abrams, and the actress all pushed this character into the lime light, hyping her up, only for it to be bullshit. Okay.... AND? Who cares? What changes to my problem with the character being overhyped? Nothing that's what. If Phasma was still male with the same outcome then it'd be just as disappointing. Abrams was part of the marketing team so I'll blame that fucker too.

The film doesn't give proper closure. It's all rushed in the third act. They present something then move on immediately. I worked today and many people coming out of the film were saying the same thing. One guy asked and older man if this is how A New Hope felt - unfulfilling. The older guy did enjoy it though.

Yes. He chose the design AFTER he helped write the script. Point is, J.J. Abrams had visioned Captain Plasma completely different than how she is presented now.

The Empire Strikes Back didn't had a proper closer either. Yes, it had a cliffhanger, so what? Both films felt episodic.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Mecha wrote:
Yes. He chose the design AFTER he helped write the script. Point is, J.J. Abrams had visioned Captain Plasma completely different than how she is presented now.

The Empire Strikes Back didn't had a proper closer either. Yes, it had a cliffhanger, so what? Both films felt episodic.
And all that matters anyway how? He chose the design after they wrote the script? Okay, this changes the simple fact that they hyped up the useless character of Phasma how? Marketing pushed her, Abrams is part of the marketing as well and he also called her his favorite character in the entire film, oh but it's my, and the audience's, fault for building expectations on a character that the director was praising. eye roll Keep telling yourself that.

Yes, yes it did from what I remember. Or maybe I'm just remembering it being better than what it actually is. Okay? It has a cliffhanger, but that doesn't mean they can't give us 3 proper acts. Anyway, I'm done, maybe I'm just not a big enough Star Wars fan to have some nostalgia goggles.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 8:36 pm

I'm sure we will see more of Captain Plasma in Episode VIII. Unless...
Spoiler:
._.

EDIT: lol! I kept misspelling "Phasma" as "Plasma" instead. I dun goof'd!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 1:53 pm

What's Eating Gilbert Grape [Lasse Hallström/1993] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:00 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
What's Eating Gilbert Grape [Lasse Hallström/1993] = 4/5

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 10:22 am

Sicario [Denis Villenueve/2015] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:35 pm

It's Such a Beautiful Day [Don Hertzfeldt/2012] = 3.5/5
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Mad Men - 9/10
One of the best series I've ever seen, and the only TV show to make me cry. The final episode with the fridge scene perfectly captured how I was feeling last year in a way I could never describe, some days I still feel like that as well. It brought me to tears and I never expected that from Mad Men.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Also revised ratings for Homeland

S1 9/10
S2 7.5/10
S3 6/10
S4 7.5/10
S5 6.5/10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:26 pm

I need to catch up on Ash vs. Evil Dead. Haven't watched it in weeks, due to my hype for Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Leave out the TV-stuff from this thread.

If you guys want to talk TV, then go here instead:

http://www.g7gaming.net/t6067-rate-the-last-tv-show-you-ve-seen
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Oops! I thought this was the TV thread when I made that post. God dammit, Orion!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 5:13 pm

fuck me same thing
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 pm

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) 7/10

John Hughes FTW!

National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985) 7/10

I'm surprised this movie is rated PG-13. It could have easily been rated R. Anyway, I thought this was almost as good as the original in my humble opinion.

Tomorrowland (2015) 6/10

The film was just okay. It wasn't really anything special. The visuals were stunning though, but that's really about it. My major problem with the film though, is the pacing. It's very uneven and slow at times. Also the story isn't all that great. There's a great movie here somewhere, but I don't think the script translated well into film. Again, not a bad film. It was just very meh.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 am

@Mecha

I fucking hate Tomorrowland. I found it to be a pile of garbage.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

I fucking hate Tomorrowland. I found it to be a pile of garbage.

I was never really hyped for Tomorrowland to begin with, despite it being directed by Brad Bird. I don't see myself watching this movie again though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Moulin Rouge [Baz Luhrmann/2001] = 3/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:23 am

American Ultra (2015) N/A

I can't give this film a rating, because I passed out during the ending. But I have seen enough to know that the marketing for this movie is kinda misleading. It's advertised as an action stoner comedy, but it really isn't. The movie is actually a lot more serious than what the marketing makes it out to be. It still has humor, but I don't know? The concept is just so weird that I expected the movie to not take itself as serious. So if you're expecting this to be just a stoner comedy, then you might be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Point Break [Ericson Core/2015] = 0.5/5

The Hateful Eight [Quentin Tarantino/2015] = 3.5/5

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [J.J. Abrams/2015] = 4/5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next