Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:53 am

Meh. Saw this coming from a mile away.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:01 am

@RamboOnRedBull Damn. I never seen you so geek'd out before. SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:07 am

I'd be more excited if there was something to be excited for.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 am

@RamboOnRedBull Spider-Man teaming up with The Avengers isn't exciting enough? DSP2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:20 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Spider-Man teaming up with The Avengers isn't exciting enough? DSP2

Not When Sony has the final creative control.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:27 am

@RamboOnRedBull It's probably just a misunderstanding. Never did they say Sony has full creative control now. Besides, how can you not be excited for this...

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 Amazin12
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull It's probably just a misunderstanding. Never did they say Sony has full creative control now. Besides, how can you not be excited for this...

I didn't say they have full creative control.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 FaMWcW9
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Marvel Hoping To Ultimately Reclaim SPIDER-MAN Rights; "Much Younger" Actor Wanted

Quote :
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to their insiders for details on the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures, and the whole thing is very interesting. The Disney has been trying for years to get the rights to Spider-Man apparently, offering billions (meaning that they consider his acquisition on the same level as the Star Wars franchise). Sony refused though, and still no money has changed hands between the two studios. In fact, the deal might not be what you expect!

Apparently, it's "instead seen as a quid pro quo transaction" which will see both Marvel and Sony feel the benefits. The former (who still control the merchandising rights to the character) are said to be very pleased as the effect on sales this deal will have should be bigger than any financial sort of offering Sony could have come up with. One insider claims that: "Sony would never have made this deal if they still retained the merchandising rights. Even a poor performing movie could be saved by strong merchandise sales, and Spider-Man is one of the bigger brands out there."

Despite the fact that Marvel are effectively taking over the franchise, Sony and Pascal will still have influence over who ends up playing the character, and the hunt is now on for "an actor much younger than 31-year-old Andrew Garfield." They're also looking for a writer, so maybe Drew Goddard has been dumped along with Marc Webb (who has now also been confirmed as not making a return) and everyone else who was attached to the upcoming movies. Matt Tolmach and Satan Avi Arad have been downgraded to executive producers from producers, a meaningless title which will see tham have "no real say in the creative direction of the franchise".

Meanwhile, one of the most interesting tidbits is the fact that, "One knowledgeable source sees the move as a first step to Marvel re-acquiring the rights to Spider-Man down the road, while another believes Disney is positioning itself to acquire Sony should it ever become available." If the franchise's fortunes turn around, it's hard to imagine Sony ever giving up Spidey, but you have to imagine that Kevin Feige has a plan. What do you guys think of these latest details?

Source: Comic Book Movie

Reading that Avi Arad has been downgraded to executive producer is music to my ears.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:17 pm

If Disney was ever to buy Sony, then that'd be weird.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm

An actor much younger? Dylan O'Brien!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:27 pm

What if Venom is in Guardians of the Galaxy 2? DSP2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
What if Venom is in Guardians of the Galaxy 2? DSP2

MIND=BLOWN
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Sony Still Moving Ahead With SINISTER SIX, VENOM, And More...Without Kevin Feige's Involvement

Quote :
So, just how much did getting Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War and (probably) Avengers: Infinity War cost Marvel Studios? Nothing. Sony aren't getting paid for loaning him out either, and there are also no plans for Marvel to receive a cut of the box office from any future Spider-Man films. Similarly, Sony won't be compensated with a percentage of the revenue Disney makes from their releases featuring the wall-crawler either. Instead, both studios are relying on the box office boost that the character's involvement with the Marvel Cinematic Universe will provide them. 

Kevin Feige meanwhile also isn't being paid for helping to revive the franchise for Sony according to Variety's report. They too report that a younger Peter Parker is being looked for, and that he WILL indeed return to high school. Here's the worrying part though. "The studio is still moving forward with the Spider-Man villain-centric “Sinister Six,” and “Venom” spinoff, as well as a film that features female characters in the “Spider-Man” universe. “The Amazing Spider-Man 3″ has been cancelled. While Marvel’s Feige is involved with Sony’s new “Spider-Man” films, he currently is not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs, sources say." Should we be worried?

It's hard to imagine Sony souring their relationship with Marvel by releasing a string of mediocre spinoffs, and how can Feige NOT be involved with them when he's helping to steer the 2017 Spider-Man movie? They'll take place in the same world after all, but if Sony do suddenly decide to release a Sinister Six movie without Spidey and a Venom movie from the chump who wrote The Amazing Spider-Man 2, perhaps we're getting a bit too excited too soon about this deal? Let's hope not!

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:02 pm

HAHAHAHA! They should have just made Sinister Six into TASM3.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Logan Lerman Among Those Being Eyed For SPIDER-MAN Role In Marvel Studios Reboot

Quote :
Like it or not, Peter Parker is heading back to high school (if the trades are to be believed). Variety has published a report separate from the one earlier today, and in it they reveal that "the plan is to spend more time in the setting and explore his awkward relationship with other students while fighting crime out of the classroom." Midtown High School will apparently be a much more important location in this movie; Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man only ever really used it as background. Still, as Peter Parker spent only three of his fifty plus years in existence in that school, it's weird that yet another movie will be sending him back. Of course, Marvel Studios are likely keen on exploring their first teenage superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

So, with Andrew Garfield not returning to reprise the role of Peter Parker, who will be the next actor to don the spandex? Well, the site reveals that Fury star Logan Lerman and The Maze Runner's Dylan O'Brien are being considered as of right now. However, no one has been approached as of yet, so it might be some time before we hear anything solid. They're also obviously looking for a director. The report does mention something about Sony and Marvel needing to choose whether they're going to use Peter Parker or introduce someone like Miles Morales, but as the press release directly mentioned Peter Parker, it seems like a moot point.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/10/it-cost-marvel-zero-dollars-to-get-spider-man

Quote :
Sony will have final say over casting for the new Spider-Man, and is said to be looking for an actor much younger than Andrew Garfield, who is 31. Sony is looking to go back to "Spidey’s roots and put the character back in high school."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 8:56 am

Again with this origin story bullshit? We've seen it twice already. What the fuck Sony?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 am

How is going back to high school mean another origin story? All they're going to do is make him younger is all. He's probably already Spider-Man by the time The Avengers: Age of Ultron comes out.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:26 pm

It's not an origin. They're just making him younger. So far out of the 5 Spider-Man films he's been in High School while being Spider-Man in one. I actually love that they're going back to High School.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:08 pm

I really just want to avoid any comparisons to the other movies. Can't say him being in High school is a good first step.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:25 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I really just want to avoid any comparisons to the other movies. Can't say him being in High school is a good first step.
But there's only been one movie with him in High School while being Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 pm

@RamboOnRedBull They said from the beginning that they were looking for a younger Peter Parker. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker JUST finished high school in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. So I don't know why this comes as a surprise to you?

Also what comparison? Have you forgotten that's Spider-Man's first appearance in the MCU will be Captain America: Civil War?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:05 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
But there's only been one movie with him in High School while being Spider-Man.

And even that movie was comparable to Raimi's first.

@Mecha

That doesn't mean the stand-alone movie won't be comparable to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!   SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPIDER-MAN IS BACK HOME! First Film July 28, 2017!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next