Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?

Go down 
+6
Mecha
Orion
The_Biotic_God
RamboOnRedBull
Archduke
Bluenose
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 pm

I hope we get to play as different races and the dialogue isn't cancer this time around, mass effect 3 had it's moments but there was a lot more shit in the dialogue than greatness.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:21 pm

Stoney wrote:
Please God, no prequel.
I wouldn't mind a prequel, but not as an RPG. I really think it would be cool to see more games in the universe, different genres by different studios. I liked that Infiltrator game for iOS. Why not try an RTS? Maybe a console third-person shooter. I dunno. There's so much lore that only gets mentioned, that we don't get to see.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:09 am

I didn't like Shepard at all. His monotone emotionless voice pisses me off. I bought the mass effect trilogy for ps3 and have been playing through as fem shep, sooooooooooo much better. Anyways Shepard's story is done clearly, I would like to see it set in the distant future. Also fuck humanity I want to play as a Turian. When will they let us pick our race?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:28 am

Stigma wrote:
I didn't like Shepard at all. His monotone emotionless voice pisses me off. I bought the mass effect trilogy for ps3 and have been playing through as fem shep, sooooooooooo much better. Anyways Shepard's story is done clearly, I would like to see it set in the distant future. Also fuck humanity I want to play as a Turian. When will they let us pick our race?

I think they'll judge the success of Inquisition as to whether we'll get a multiple choice of races. Human, Asari, Turian and Krogan would suffice. On ManShep, he's mediocre in ME1, pretty decent in ME 2 and very good in ME3. But I do prefer they VA of FemShep, delivery is much more natural.

@Jack

Sure, they could do a prequel on iOS, similar to Infiltrator, but Mass Effect "4" should be the beginning of a new series, no recurring characters, new places to explore + the Citadel seeing as it is the hub of the galactic government.

One of the main reasons I'd hope it's a few hundred thousand years in the future is because we could have multiple new races, maybe new variations of humans, asari, Turian etc due to natural evolution, and something I'd like to see, intergalactic space travel, maybe that would be possible, travel from the Milky Way to the Andromeda galaxy etc, endless potential there.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Stoney wrote:
Sure, they could do a prequel on iOS, similar to Infiltrator, but Mass Effect "4" should be the beginning of a new series, no recurring characters, new places to explore + the Citadel seeing as it is the hub of the galactic government.

One of the main reasons I'd hope it's a few hundred thousand years in the future is because we could have multiple new races, maybe new variations of humans, asari, Turian etc due to natural evolution, and something I'd like to see, intergalactic space travel, maybe that would be possible, travel from the Milky Way to the Andromeda galaxy etc, endless potential there.
Oh yeah, I agree with you there, the next main entry should move forward, not backward. I just think there's a lot of the universe that can be filled in by spin-offs.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Orion wrote:
@Jew Mass Effect 3 was absolutely fucking awful, I want nothing from that games ending to be mentioned or affected by in the next game.

Get a clue. Not mentioning anything from ME3 isn't happening without any serious retcons.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2