Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?

Go down 
+6
Mecha
Orion
The_Biotic_God
RamboOnRedBull
Archduke
Bluenose
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Quote :
In the best franchise of last generation news (in my opinion lol). The next Mass Effect won’t have a number in the title. According to an industry insider (with a solid track record) he caught wind that the game would be called Mass Effect: _ _nt_ _t. He didn’t want to give the full title away because I’m sure that came with consequences, so he gave us a game of hangman. Shout out to the boys over at Dualshockers as they guessed the missing letters equate to the title having Contact in it.

I have to say I can’t disagree with that guess. The Contact Wars was a big moment in the Mass Effect universe where humans first came in contact with aliens. A war broke out and in the result Humans took their place & earned respect throughout the galaxy, but stirred some the wrong way. It’s basically the war that made all the Aliens racist and skeptical towards humans in Mass Effect 1 to 3. If my guess is correct, that would make this game a prequel seeing as those events happened before Shepard’s adventures.

The next Mass Effect will be shown at E3 in June, so will just have to wait and see. All I know is I’m excited. I’m ready to return to the Mass Effect universe! What do you think of all this Mass Effect news? Let us know in the comment section below and in the forums. Until next time folks … I’m ghost.

Source

http://www.modernwarnegro.com/2014/05/08/what-the-hell-is-mass-effect-contact/

I really hope this isn't true. In my opinion, the only way for the ME series to progress is to actually move forward in timeline, not make prequel games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm

>move forward in timeline

lol, how? shepfag fucked up the relays. it would all be one big fuck up in SOL, with all the races there.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:10 am

I thought it was already confirmed that the new ME game would be a prequel?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:29 am

Archduke wrote:

Same here. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Shigdig wrote:

lol, how? shepfag fucked up the relays. it would all be one big fuck up in SOL, with all the races there.

Relays are damaged, not destroyed
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Archduke wrote:

Same here. Razz

I never saw a confirmation on that. Link?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:08 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Shigdig wrote:

It doesn't matter. They run on pixie reaper magic for all they know, so they wouldn't be capable of fixing them. And even if they tried to fix them, it would take decades (lowball estimate) to even begin to understand them. But im sure all the races would cooperate and live together peacefully in the mean time.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:28 pm

The story should take place a few years before Shepard, but Contact has me worried that it will be like first contact type of situation.

Oh well Bioware turned dog shit a while ago anyway
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Shigdig wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Shigdig wrote:

It doesn't matter. They run on pixie reaper magic for all they know, so they wouldn't be capable of fixing them. And even if they tried to fix them, it would take decades (lowball estimate) to even begin to understand them. But im sure all the races would cooperate and live together peacefully in the mean time.  Razz 

Reaper war gave them a much better understanding of Reaper tech and thus the relays. And plus, if you picked control, the Reapers would repair it for the organics. Razz+
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Shigdig wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Shigdig wrote:

"Decades" in the Mass Effect universe is not a long time....

Nothing in any of the endings suggests that the relays can't be repaired. The very weapon they built to defeat the Reapers uses and manipulates the same technology the relays are derived from. The Crucible itself is one giant Mass Relay gun.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:50 am

I did the survey and it's pretty lame. Yes people want common sense improvements in storytelling, RPG elements, and customization.

This screams PR.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am

Mass Effect shouldn't have a prequel. Or if it does, then it should be a side game developed by another studio (which I wouldn't actually mind). Mass Effect let you make galaxy-wide changes, but a prequel would give you very little budge in terms of how you can affect the galaxy.

I think the new ME should take place far enough into the future that the broken relays could be repaired (and in the case of you choosing the Destroy option at the end of ME3, it would be far enough into the future that synthetics could be rebuilt), with new characters (though maybe Liara could carry over since she was very young in the ME trilogy). The only ME3 ending they'd have to retcon is the one where you tell the kid to fuck off, which wasn't even an option originally anyway.

The_Biotic_God wrote:
I did the survey and it's pretty lame. Yes people want common sense improvements in storytelling, RPG elements, and customization.

This screams PR.
I thought so too. They're asking basic things that pretty much everyone would want out of every game. They pretty much just went short of asking, "On a scale of 1-7, how important is it to you that this game be good?"
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:10 am

Why not just have it take place really far away from our current mass effect locations.
As long as it's not a game that takes place in the same area as the mass effect trilogy after the events of 3 then I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:15 am

Orion wrote:
Why not just have it take place really far away from our current mass effect locations.
As long as it's not a game that takes place in the same area as the mass effect trilogy after the events of 3 then I'm good.
It was rumored at one point that it would take place in another galaxy, though I wonder if that would mean no humans or Krogans or Asari or whatever. Plus I feel like it's sort of antithetical to the point of Mass Effect, which is that choices have consequences. To have a new one so far-removed from the events of ME3 such that the new game isn't even affected by the trilogy, that I don't know if I like.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:59 am

Or the galaxy has advanced so much with Reaper technology that they develop a mass relay that can reach the nearest by galaxy. Contact could be in reference to the alien races of each galaxy meeting each other. Tis would be epic as Humans and all our favorite races will remain with the addition of a plethora of new ones. Maybe a galaxy war will happen? (probably not in the first game but as it continues to ME6 or something). Now it's probably just about contact and exploring the new races and the start of tensions.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:05 am

@Jew Mass Effect 3 was absolutely fucking awful, I want nothing from that games ending to be mentioned or affected by in the next game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 am

Orion wrote:
@Jew Mass Effect 3 was absolutely fucking awful, I want nothing from that games ending to be mentioned or affected by in the next game.
I'd rather do that than pretend the trilogy never happened.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Orion wrote:
Well maybe go with Teckno's idea, but don't reference or have anything to do with Mass Effect 3's ending and leave what happened with Shep ambiguous.

Knowing bioware our decisions will probably have no impact in the next game anyways, and looking at how Dragon Age Inquisition is turning out Mass Effect 4 will probably be shit anyways
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Orion wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
Orion wrote:
Well maybe go with Teckno's idea, but don't reference or have anything to do with Mass Effect 3's ending and leave what happened with Shep ambiguous.

Knowing bioware our decisions will probably have no impact in the next game anyways, and looking at how Dragon Age Inquisition is turning out Mass Effect 4 will probably be shit anyways  
They don't necessarily have to talk about Shepard, but something like the Reaper invasion would probably be well-known. It should be referenced at SOME point.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Agree about Shepard, if it is a sequel, he'll/she'll be the most important person in the history of the GALAXY, yet I don't want him/her mentioned, especially after that atrocious Buzz Aldrin "tell me about The Shepard, grandpa" scene.

They'll have to go a few hundred thousand years into the future if they want to avoid any references to Shepard, one would think anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't even think hundreds of thousands of years would be enough. The Reaper war was literally the defining moment of the Milky Way's course of history. Shepard is going to be talked about whether people like it or not.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:18 pm

I wouldn't mind it being a prequel, but it seems like every series is getting prequels nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:02 am

ArchAngel wrote:
I wouldn't mind it being a prequel, but it seems like every series is getting prequels nowadays.

Prequels just wouldn't work because there won't be the same sense of urgency as something as big as the Reaper war. Everything would seem trivial.

I suppose they would only work as DLCs.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Please God, no prequel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?    RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: New Mass Effect Title called ME: Contact?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next