Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Go down 
+17
yonny616
Fenrir
TerraXehanort
Orc
Gutzahn
Chobo
2Sugoi2Die
JayMoore
Stoney
lisforlove
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mikenuge
Angelus
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull So you liked Ant-Man?

I did, actually. The action scenes were awesome and it had some funny moments. 

My only real complaint is that its writing was really cliché'd and generic. I'm all up for that if the movie knows it, but there were certain parts that were meant to be serious but that I couldn't take seriously due to the script's flaws.

That said, I had a good time, and it was a LOT better than the First Avengers and Iron Man 3. I'm looking forward to a sequel. 

Oh, and when Falcon came in - fucking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 6:56 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Ant-Man [Peyton Reed/2015] = 3.5/5

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation [Christopher McQaurrie/2015] = 4.5/5

Minions [Kyle Balda & Pierre Coffin/2015] = 4/5

We have the same exact score for MI5. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 2505020059 You have good taste, my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 6:59 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Catch the Spider-Man reference? I didn't because that scene was so distracting with all of the humor and RWJ's ex-girlfriend making a cameo and shit. But I know what it was.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Ant-Man [Peyton Reed/2015] = 3.5/5

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation [Christopher McQaurrie/2015] = 4.5/5

Minions [Kyle Balda & Pierre Coffin/2015] = 4/5

We have the same exact score for MI5. Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 2505020059 You have good taste, my friend.

Man, MI5 was epic! That film had some really fucking awesome moments. Especially the chase scene where Cruise drives down those stairs in the car. That entire sequences was badass, to say the least. :) 

@Mecha

The Spider-Man reference? I believe I did, but I can't remember right now. Ant-Man was the first film I saw in the movie theaters today, and I literally saw two more in the theaters right after it ended, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:24 pm

@RamboOnRedBull It's the scene where Luis tells Scott that Falcon is looking for him, and says, “We got a guy who gets small. We got guys who jump. We got guys who swing. We got guys who climb up walls.”
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull It's the scene where Luis tells Scott that Falcon is looking for him, and says, “We got a guy who gets small. We got guys who jump. We got guys who swing. We got guys who climb up walls.”

Oh yeah, I caught that reference, lol. 

My favorite reference is when Hank Pym tells Scott Lang that he needs him, and Scott is all like: "Err...Shouldn't we call the Avengers?" I found that pretty funny and a clever nod as well. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:33 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Ant-Man had a shit load of nods and references. But yeah, I like how they did the character of Hank Pym justice, despite no longer being Ant-Man.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Ant-Man had a shit load of nods and references. But yeah, I like how they did the character of Hank Pym justice, despite no longer being Ant-Man.

Dude, during that scene where the rat sees Scott after he first puts on the suit, I was like: "Daaaammn, he's fucked!", lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:47 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, if your afraid of rats, that scene is going to make you shit your pants. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, if your afraid of rats, that scene is going to make you shit your pants. Razz

Now we know who REALLY spread the black plague. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 3:49 am

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (2015) 7.5/10

It was very good, but I don't see what makes it more special than the other films? Still though, I really liked the movie.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Ant-Man (2015)

Fun film. The second best film of Marvel's phase two. Michael Pena is the highlight though.

Score: 4/5

Southpaw (2015)

Great film, with an awesome performance from Jake Gyllenhaal. It would also get me choked up a bit in emotional scenes.

Score: 4/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Ant-Man is my top favorite Marvel movie out of Phase Two.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Mecha wrote:
Ant-Man is my top favorite Marvel movie out of Phase Two.
Winter Soldier is still better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is great, but it felt a tad bit episodic. Like it had no beginning or end. It's like the middle part of this really big story. Not that Ant-Man isn't episodic, but it already told the passing of the torch/heist story all in one movie.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is great, but it felt a tad bit episodic. Like it had no beginning or end. It's like the middle part of this really big story. Not that Ant-Man isn't episodic, but it already told the passing of the torch/heist story all in one movie.
Um, no. Winter Soldier feels the most stand alone out of all of phase 2. Even Ant-Man felt like a lead into Civil War.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 am

@yonny616 lol, no it doesn't. Guardians of the Galaxy feels more stand-alone if anything. Captain America: The Winter Soldier feels like you need to watch the other Captain America movies in order to get the full story. Yeah, Ant-Man leads into Civil War, but it's not an Ant-Man movie.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 lol, no it doesn't. Guardians of the Galaxy feels more stand-alone if anything. Captain America: The Winter Soldier feels like you need to watch the other Captain America movies in order to get the full story. Yeah, Ant-Man leads into Civil War, but it's not an Ant-Man movie.
Nope. While it feels more stand alone, the story just furthers the actual end game plot of phases. Winter Soldier literally doesn't further much in any of the phases overall story. No you don't. Either way, you can say that for any sequel honestly. Yeah, exactly. Ant-Man leads into a film that isn't his own. Which is the next film in the series. Or in other words: the next episode in the mcu.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:39 am

@yonny616 Nope. Winter Soldier's story will continue on in Civil War. Also like I said before, the passing of the torch/heist story has already been told in Ant-Man, and will not continue any further in Civil War.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Nope. Winter Soldier's story will continue on in Civil War. Also like I said before, the passing of the torch/heist story has already been told in Ant-Man, and will not continue any further in Civil War.

Most episodic stories do not continue further.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
As is usual for films who leave a plot thread hanging in the previous film. It's like calling one of the lord of the rings sequels episodic because it continued into two films. Torch part, sure. Heist part, we don't know.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 4:36 pm

It Happened One Night [Frank Capra/1934] = 5/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off [John Hughes/1986] = 5/5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:07 pm

Hopefully, Marvel's Spider-Man reboot is just like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Peter Parker's Day Off.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
Hopefully, Marvel's Spider-Man reboot is just like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Peter Parker's Day Off.

Keep dreaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Movie You've Seen   Rate the Last Movie You've Seen - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next