Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Box Office Thread

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 7:43 pm

There hasn't been another Mad Max film for like 30 years. So it's hard to say whether it will be The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 12:59 am

I wonder if Jurassic World will beat Man of Steel in June opening weekend.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Woah!!!!!! It didn't just beat Man of Steel's June record, it fucking shattered it! $204.6 Million! Just fucking wow!
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4068&p=.htm
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 12:47 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Woah!!!!!!  It didn't just beat Man of Steel's June record, it fucking shattered it! $204.6 Million! Just fucking wow!

I guess we won't see Jurassic Universe any time soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:04 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Woah!!!!!!  It didn't just beat Man of Steel's June record, it fucking shattered it! $204.6 Million! Just fucking wow!

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 725796345 In seriousness, while the film ends perfectly for need of a sequel. I'm interested in seeing how they're going to justify it continuing. I can't believe it made this much though. I though at best it was $100 million, but $200+? Damn.

$511.8 million world wide intake. First film ever to pass $500 million in a single weekend.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-global-box-office-record-1201519430/

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:26 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 725796345 In seriousness, while the film ends perfectly for need of a sequel. I'm interested in seeing how they're going to justify it continuing. I can't believe it made this much though. I though at best it was $100 million, but $200+? Damn.

$511.8 million world wide intake. First film ever to pass $500 million in a single weekend.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-global-box-office-record-1201519430/

Honestly, I, too, expected it to be big, but not like this.

I can just see it already: The Jurassic Cinematic Universe!  Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Yeah, the power of nostalgia is strong with this one. My theater was literally pack for Jurassic World. So packed that a little boy even temporally lost his parents while watching the movie. Not even The Avengers: Age of Ultron was this packed. I did not expect this movie to do this well, considering that the last film didn't do so great and it was released 14 or 15 years ago. This has been a really great year for Universal. Making billions at the box-office without the help of a comic book movie.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:07 pm

It's now the highest domestic opening as well!!!

Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 Xgz9nkR

P.S. Someone needs to edit that gif above. Replace the hoodie kid's face with Universal logo and surround him by Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard with the kid that pops up at the end being a raptor. Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 8:02 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=122028

HOLY SHIT! This is an amazing year for Universal. DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:41 pm

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58763665?ref_=hm_nw_tp1

Terminator Genisys flopped! WTF!? Now we're never going to know who send back the T-800. The filmmakers dun goof'd! The movie is about as pointless as The Amazing Spider-Man 2 now.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58763665?ref_=hm_nw_tp1

Terminator Genisys flopped! WTF!? Now we're never going to know who send back the T-800. The filmmakers dun goof'd! The movie is about as pointless as The Amazing Spider-Man 2 now.

Spoiler: It was the T-800's previous sent-back-self that came from the future to make sure the past stays the same.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:39 pm

@RamboOnRedBull How do you know that?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull How do you know that?
Spoiler:

Dude, it was a joke, lol. I couldn't give less fucks about this shitty movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Looks like Terminator Genisys made more than I thought. All I know is, Mad Max: Fury Road made slightly more in just three fucking days. And that film was rated R.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
Looks like Terminator Genisys made more than I thought. All I know is, Mad Max: Fury Road made slightly more in just three fucking days. And that film was rated R.

Mad Max isn't even one 5th the franchise that Terminator is popularity-wise. That makes this that much bigger of a flop.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Okay from what I got, Terminator Genisys made $44.2 million in just five days I believe. While Mad Max: Fury Road made $45.4 million in just three days, despite it's R rating. I'd be shocked if Terminator Genisys gets a sequel and Mad Max: Fury Road doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Box Office Thread
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13