Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Box Office Thread

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Box Office Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Official Box Office Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:48 pm

So I'll be posting the box office's top 5 every Sunday. This will be USA box office only.

Official Box Office Thread 300-rise-of-an-empire-banner-011
1. 300: Rise of an Empire - $45 Million
2. Mr. Peabody & Sherman - $32.2 Million
3. Non-Stop - $15.8 Million
4. The LEGO Movie - $10.9 Million
5. Son of God - $10.3 Million

300 seizes GLORY! And the Son of God movie drops far off.

Source for box office: http://boxofficemojo.com/

Last edited by yonny616 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Numbers replaced with actuals.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Box Office Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Guess this means we'll be getting a 300 sequel. A REAL sequel. Not a prequel mixed with a midquel bullshit.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:25 pm

This is a sequel. It's 1/3rd prequel, 1/3rd side movie, and 1/3rd sequel.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:46 pm

I said a REAL sequel. Where Greece finally goes to war against Xerxes, just like how the original film ended. The majority of the film still takes place before the ending for the original 300. Just when that 1/3rd sequel begins, the film quickly ends. Leaving it open for a sequel that was hinted since the original. Thus, why I called the film a filler.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:03 pm

It's still a pre/mid/sequel.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Yup. Doesn't matter if you liked it or not, it's still a pre/mid/sequel. Fact. Razz

I'd be down for a 3rd. Make the series a trilogy. I'm going to buy the 300 steelbook soon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 10:18 pm

So you admit that it's not a real sequel then?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Never said it was a real sequel. It's still a sequel though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:03 am

I'm starting to believe RoboCop is very popular in Asia. Which makes sense, since Asians are into robots and shit.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Predicted $80+ Milliion Opening Weekend For Captain America: The Winter Soldier!
Quote :
Another year, another hit for Marvel Studios. According to The Hollywood Reporter, pre-release tracking for Captain America: The Winter Soldier indicates that the sequel will earn upwards of $80 million when it debuts in North America on April 4th. Some even believe that it will reach as much as $85 million, just like Thor: The Dark World did last November. This is another example of how beneficial The Avengers was to these solo movies; Captain America: The First Avenger opened with a still very impressive $65 million back in 2011. There has already been talk of a third Captain America movie from the Russo brothers, a good indication that Marvel Studios are VERY happy with what they've done with the character.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=96060

And Marvel's hoping the third one can take one Batman/Superman? GTFO!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official Box Office Thread TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm

I'd be surprised if goddawful hilariously bad sequel to an already mediocre movie manages to beat out Cap
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:49 pm

I'd be surprised if Orion made any sense.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Didn't the box-office numbers for Thor: The Dark World came out less than what they have predicted? lol!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 pm

@Mecha Nope, Thor: TDW was predicted to have a $80+ million opening, it opened to $85 million.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:39 am

Hurrr I got a great idea! Lets make RoboCop PG-13 instead of an R rating like 300: Rise of an Empire and Non-Stop. That way, we'll be able to make even more money. We're freaking geniuses!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Time for the box office!

Official Box Office Thread 421_558935890818621_1306260391_n
1. Mr. Peabody & Sherman - $21.8 Million
2. 300: Rise of an Empire - $19.2 Million
3. Need For Speed - $17.8 Million
4. Non-Stop - $10.6 Million
5. Tyler Perry's The Single Moms Club - $8 Million

Wow! Mr. Peabody & Sherman toppled the Greeks this week! I though NFS would have gotten the #1 slot.

Source: http://boxofficemojo.com/

@Mecha RoboCop (2014) had a budget of at least $130 Million (including marketing). It's box office is $221.8 Million. I'm sure it did well and we'll get a sequel, hopefully one without a rushed ending.

Last edited by yonny616 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Numbers replaced with actuals.)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Box Office Thread Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Peabody and Sherman looks more like a TV-Show than a feature film to me.  :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Mecha RoboCop (2014) had a budget of at least $130 Million (including marketing). It's box office is $221.8 Million. I'm sure it did well and we'll get a sequel, hopefully one without a rushed ending.

That's not how things work, Yonny. Just because the box-office numbers made slightly more than the budget, doesn't mean it was successful enough to get a sequel. Judging by RoboCop's budget, it needs to make at least $450-$500 at the box-office in order for it to become a profit. Also marketing budget is usually never included with the film's actual budget. So if you were to combined the film's budget and marketing budget, it would be a lot more than $130 million.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 pm

The marketing budget doesn't count it as "Not profitable." There's a reason that the actual budget is seperated from the marketing budget, as they're completely different. 

A film doesn't have to make back money from its marketing to be profitable. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't know how business in the film industry works.

Whether its money is enough to warrant a sequel is one thing, but whether a film is profitable despite the money for marketing is something completely else.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm

@Mecha The marketing wouldn't make it more than 130 million, maybe 135, but beyond that? Nope. RoboCop had shitty ass, cheap marketing. 450+ million? GTFO! The film has a budget of 100 million, not 200 million. RoboCop needs at best 250+ million.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:51 pm

No. Anything below $300 million isn't enough to make a profit off of a $130 million movie. Again, just because it made SLIGHTLY more than the budget, doesn't mean it's successful enough to greenlit a sequel. Because that's not how it works, so don't pretend like you actually know. This happens all the time. So by your logic, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Superman Returns should have gotten sequels.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

But the film's BUDGET wasn't 130 million! Read for fucks sake. It was 100 million. I added what I believed the marketing cost would be. The marketing is a random variable because we don't know it, we can just base it off how well promoted the film was, and RoboCop's marketing was shitty as fuck! How about you stop pretending like you know something. The film has a budget of 100 million, the film doesn't need 400+ million, like you said and eventually changed your stance on! Fantastic 4: RotSS didn't get a sequel because it's sequel made less than the first film. That looks bad! Doesn't matter what film it was, a sequel is expected to make more than the first. Superman Returns was getting a sequel. They had everything ready for it, except Singer was busy doing Valkyrie and it was constantly getting delayed! Eventually Singer dropped it for Jack The Giant Slayer. The sequel even had a name and it was Superman: Man of Steel! Not to mention, Superman Returns was also apparently compensating for other failed DC film projects. Do the research before you try and sound smart!

Last edited by yonny616 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes, and too many exclamation points!)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:11 pm

yonny616 wrote:
But the films BUDGET wasn't 130 million! Read for fucks sake. It was 100 million. I added what I believed the marketing cost would be. The marketing is a random variable because we don't know it, we can just base it off how promoted the film was, and Robocops marketing was shitty as fuck! How about you stop pretending like you know something. The film has a budget of 100 million. The film doesn't need 400+ million, like you said and eventually changed your stance on! Fantastic 4: RotSS didn't get a sequel because it's sequel made less than the first film! That looks bad! Doesn't matter what film it was A sequel is expected to make more than the first. Superman Returns was getting a sequel. They had everything ready for it, except Singer was busy doing Valkyrie and it was constantly getting delayed! Eventually Singer dropped it for Jack The Giant Slayer. The sequel even had a name and it was Superman: Man of Steel! Not to mention, Superman Returns was also apperantly compensating for other failed DC film projects! Do the research before you try and sound smart!

So many exclamation points, Yonny. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Box Office Thread
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next