Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Box Office Thread

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
I actually really liked Noah a lot, so I'm glad it's doing well. I was afraid it wouldn't because of the controversy and the butthurt Christians and Jews.

Fixed.
Eh, I haven't seen as much backlash from Jewish organizations.

yonny616 wrote:
@Jack Christians were butthurt? Why? They eat these movies up! Just look at Son of God. They made it #2 over The LEGO Movie. Also managed to make God's Not Dead get in the top 5, and it seems like it'll be #5 again this week!  Surprised 
Yeah but Noah deviates a lot from the myth. It's got big-ass rock monsters and Ray Winstone and ugh, it's awesome. Mainly because it doesn't try to treat the story with any sort of special reverence simpl because it's a Judeo-Christian myth.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
I actually really liked Noah a lot, so I'm glad it's doing well. I was afraid it wouldn't because of the controversy and the butthurt Christians and Jews.

Fixed.

http://www.g7gaming.net/t9345-darren-aronofsky-s-noah-isn-t-faithful-to-the-bible?highlight=Noah
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Fixed.

http://www.g7gaming.net/t9345-darren-aronofsky-s-noah-isn-t-faithful-to-the-bible?highlight=Noah
Yeah but that was for a test screening of an unfinished version. I'm talking about post-theatrical release. Either way, religious people in general are butthurt over this. Or some are
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:34 pm

@Mecha I think that was a test screening for the studio version. Later they just said fuck it and released Aronofsky's. Also Aronofsky got pissed they did that, or so I hear.

On-topic:
Box office weekend!

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 Noah-2014-Movie-Title-Banner
1. Noah - $44 Million
2. Divergent - $26.5 Million
3. Muppest Most Wanted - $11.3 Million
4. Mr. Peabody & Sherman - $9.5 Million
5. God's Not Dead - $9.075 Million

Noah not only gathers 2 of each animal, but he gets $44 million from rent. :lol:Divergent makes half of last week, God's Not Dead keeps on surprising, and Sabotage bombs.

P.S. Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens with $75.2 Million overseas.

http://boxofficemojo.com/

Next weekend prediction:
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Noah
3. Divergent
4. Muppets Most Wanted
5. Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Last edited by yonny616 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed prediction cause I dun goofed!)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:44 pm

yonny616 wrote:
pretty much the same as this weekend since there's NOTHING opening next week. Razz

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 Origin15
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:55 pm

@Mecha
Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 DU4o7kx

Check it yourself: http://boxofficemojo.com/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:18 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Mecha
Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 DU4o7kx

Check it yourself: http://boxofficemojo.com/
I'm pretty sure Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out next Friday and it's probably gonna demolish the competition.

If you guys have Dom Hemingway playing near you though, I recommend seeing it. I saw it yesterday and it was quite good.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Welp I dun goofed! Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 725796345

Imma go fix my prediction.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 am

Frozen destroys Toy Story 3's box-office records!

Quote :
Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee's Frozen has become the biggest animation of all time at the global box office. The Oscar winning film has now generated $1.072bn, overtaking such hits as Toy Story 3 ($1.064bn) and Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($1.066bn).

In the United States and Canada, Frozen has sold $398.4 million worth of tickets since it was released theatrically on November 27th. Earlier this month, Frozen also had an impressive debut on the home video market. According to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, first-day sales of Frozen Blu-ray discs and DVDs reached 3.2 million units.

Frozen won Oscar Awards for Best Animated Feature Film of the Year and Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song ("Let It Go").

You can see our listing and review of the U.S. Blu-ray release of Frozen here.

Source: Blu-ray.com
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 Captain-america-the-winter-soldier-banner-700x219
Quote :
Captain America: The Winter Soldier got off to a strong start on Thursday night. The movie earned $10.2 million, which is a noticeable improvement over Thor: The Dark World's $7.1 million.

In comparison, Iron Man 3 took in $15.6 million, while The Avengers banked $18.7 million. For all three of these titles, Thursday shows accounted for eight to nine percent of the weekend gross; if Captain America follows this pattern, it will wind up between $110 million and $120 million for the three-day frame.
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3813&p=.htm
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 pm

BOX OFFICE: CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Opens With $37 Million In North America

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=97549
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Time for the box office of weekend 4/4 - 4/6!

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 Captain-america-the-winter-soldier-banner-700x219
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $95 Million
2. Noah - $17 Million
3. Divergent - $12.9 Million
4. God's Not Dead - $7.7 Million
5. Muppets Most Wanted - $6.1 Million

Cap. America crushes at the box office, earning more than expected and now with $300+ million world wide. Noah and Divergent fall in rank where expected, God's Not Dead still amazingly in the top 5, and Muppets Most Wanted manages to barely squeeze itself into the top 5.

Source: http://boxofficemojo.com/

Prediction for next week:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Rio 2
3. Oculus
4. Draft Day
5. Noah

Last edited by yonny616 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put actual numbers up.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 pm

But will Captain America: The Winter Soldier beat Man of Steel at the box-office? DUM DUM DUM!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
But will Captain America: The Winter Soldier beat Man of Steel at the box-office? DUM DUM DUM!

If it doesn't, then I lose all faith in humanity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm going to be very surprised if it isnt going to surpass MoS' box-office success. Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:32 pm

How so? Thor: The Dark World didn't even surpass Man of Steel at the box-office. And the first Thor made more than the first Captain America movie. So I don't see how Captain America: The Winter Soldier failing to beat Man of Steel at the box-office is surprising at all?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
How so? Thor: The Dark World didn't even surpass Man of Steel at the box-office. And the first Thor made more than the first Captain America movie. So I don't see how Captain America: The Winter Soldier failing to beat Man of Steel at the box-office is surprising at all?

It had a bigger night-opening than MoS, broke the April Record, and sold over 300 milllion worldwide within its first few days, while MoS earned around 600-700 during its lifetime.

That's almost half as much within its first few days, so, yes, I will be surprised if it doesn't reach its lifetime success as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Didn't Thor: The Dark World had a bigger opening than Man of Steel as well? Can't remember.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
Didn't Thor: The Dark World had a bigger opening than Man of Steel as well? Can't remember.

No. 

MoS outperfomed Thor's Night-opening, while Captain America outperfomed MoS'
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:18 pm

@Rambo Opening night? Cap didn't have mid-night showings, well in my area anyway. Also Man of Steel made $12 million on Thursday showings and another $9 million for midnight showings ($21 million), eventually getting $128 million for opening weekend. It also broke the June record and beat Toy Story 3

Captain America has $303 million because it opened in more and bigger markets out of the gate before it got here to the states, and once it hit April 4th it hit both USA/Canada and China. 33 markets to be exact. So it being so far ahead isn't surprising. The thing that really matter is how much staying power it has overseas.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:42 am

Yonny is right. Captain America: The Winter Soldier opened in more countries in it's first week than Man of Steel did. Though Man of Steel probably made more money in the Thursday night showings. I could be completely wrong though.

Still, Captain America: The Winter Soldier should have made more money considering the boost in popularity from The Avengers and opening in more countries. While Man of Steel had no help from Justice League. The gap between the two at the box-office isn't really all that huge. So yeah, even if Captain America: The Winter Soldier makes SLIGHTLY more than Man of Steel at the box-office, that still doesn't mean anything. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 am

You guys clearly didn't read my comment, but whatever. 

I only said that it will be surprising if it doesn't reach MoS' success, seeing as it has outdone it in the same time-span that MoS had. Never said it meant anything, though. Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:11 pm

If Captain America: The Winter Soldier barley manages to beat Man of Steel at the box-office, there is no way in hell Captain America 3 will beat Batman vs. Superman.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:14 pm

@Mecha

I doubt Marvel thinks it's going to outdo Batman vs. Superman at the box-office. This is probably just a way for them to damage their new film's success by taking away as much money as possible from them.

You have to remember that Marvel loses nothing if Cap 3 sells less, but if Batman vs. Superman doesn't live up to standards, then DC is fucked and might have to do serious changes.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:27 pm

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Tracking For $95+ Million Opening Weekend.
Quote :
Spider-Man is one of the world's most iconic superheroes, so perhaps it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks set for a huge opening weekend! Despite negative buzz from some fans here on CBM and on Twitter about the huge nuber of TV spots, trailers and featurettes which have seemingly left little to see in the movie itself, The Wrap reports that the sequel's tracking indicates an opening of around $95 million. That puts it at around the same amount as Captain America: The Winter Soldier's $96 million debut, but BoxOffice.com believes that it could open to as much as $112 million. That's just the result Sony are looking for, especially as they've already dated The Amazing Spider-Man 3 for 2016 and The Sinister Six or Venom for 2018. Tracking is sometimes unreliable, so the sequel could open with more or less than the numbers above based on word of mouth and its international debut.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=97867

Damn that's sad. Cap is reaching Spidey numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Box Office Thread
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next