Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Box Office Thread

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:41 pm

@Mecha Probably because TASM2 was released in more countries outside of the US than TWS and GoTG and even then both of those films are just 50 million away from TASM2 and still managed to out-gross is world wide and domestically. The funny thing is GoTG is pretty much $25 million away from $800 million and that's a 95% unknown IP. Cap though, still needs some work and he wasn't exactly the most popular Avenger. When did I say Spider-Man 3 was a great movie. You said Spider-Man movies weren't making money because they're mediocre, Spider-Man 3 is a mediocre Spider-Man movie and it made nearly $900 million. So Spider-Man 2 making less than Spider-Man is because momentum? lolwut?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:19 pm

@yonny616 Or maybe because people outside the states love Spidey more. Just look at Rambo for example. Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 3202469658 The fact that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 made over $700 million and it still considered the lowest grossing film in the franchise, proves that Spider-Man could potentially make a billion if it was a great film. Yeah, Spider-Man 3 was mediocre, but just imagine if the film was actually great. Who knows why Spider-Man 2 made less than the first Spider-Man? Could be because Spider-Man had more competition in 2004 than in 2002. Whatever the reason was, studios wish they have gotten anywhere near close to the numbers that Spider-Man 2 had.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 pm

I like how Mecha ran away from our discussion the moment he realized he lost. Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 3202469658
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm

@Mecha You do know more markets = more money? Has nothing to do with love. China LOVES Spider-Man and Captain American completely destroyed Spider-Man in China. We already had a great Spider-Man film and it didn't even beat the first one's gross. You're whole point was Spider-Man hasn't made a billion because of mediocre films and Spider-Man 3, a mediocre film, is the only one that has gotten close. Stop backtracking. Yes, I,Robot was such a strong competitor.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 pm

@yonny616 So? The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opened in more theaters, yet Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy still made more money. Once again, Spider-Man 3 made so much money because people already trusted the brand after seeing how great the first two films were. After seeing how disappointing the film was, there wasn't much replay value for people to continue coming to the theater and bad word of mouth. Thus, why Spider-Man 3 didn't reach the billion dollar mark. Also another factor could be that Spider-Man 3 opened in more markets, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 3:50 pm

@Mecha Because TASM barely passed $200 million domestic. So was Spider-Man bad since Spider-Man 2 made less? The it should have never made it near $900 million, due to bad word of mouth.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:56 am

http://www.thewrap.com/spongebob-making-50-million-splash-at-box-office/

DSP2
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 am

The Spongebob brand is pretty much Nickolodean's Mickey Mouse. The kids and adult who grew up with the series will go watch it. Looks like Jupiter Ascending is going to flop and Seventh Son will bomb harder than Green Lantern. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 12:32 pm

yonny616 wrote:
The Spongebob brand is pretty much Nickolodean's Mickey Mouse. The kids and adult who grew up with the series will go watch it. Looks like Jupiter Ascending is going to flop and Seventh Son will bomb harder than Green Lantern. Razz

To be fair, Jupiter Ascending does look mediocre. Razz
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:17 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It does but I expected it to do better since it stars Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:34 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It does but I expected it to do better since it stars Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum.

Yeah, but star actors don't always bring enough Box-Office numbers. There are films with star actors that most people probably didn't even hear of.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
My weekend predictions:
1. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
2. American Sniper
3. Jupiter Ascending
4. Paddington
5. Seventh Son

Fuck! I was so close. I got 3 out of 5 right. If only I switched number 4 with number 5. Oh well. At least I did better than Yonny. Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:28 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I suppose.

@Mecha Hey! At least I got 2 out of 5. Razz

Anyway here's the box office:

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 Spongebob-banner
1. SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - $56 Million
2. American Sniper - $24.1 Million
3. Jupiter Ascending - $19 Million
4. Seventh Son - $7.1 Million
5. Paddington - $5.36 Million

Source: BoxOfficeMojo

SpongeBob proves it's still a big brad raking in more than expected with $56 Million. American Sniper still raking up the money count. Jupiter Ascending flops and Seventh Son completely bombs making Hollywood lose a ton of cash and Paddington manages just barely to edge out Project Almanac and get in the top 5.

Next weekend predictions:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey
2. SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water
3. Kingsman: Secret Service
4. American Sniper
5. Jupiter Ascending
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Fifty Shades of Grey is going to be EXTREMELY popular among couples and young people looking to hook up this Valentine's Day weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Women like to read shitty books.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 1:55 pm

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58294811?ref_=hm_nw_tp2

The world is doomed.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 3cd8a310
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:20 pm

DSP2 Whoa! Hopefully the female crowd shows as much support for female superheroes like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel at the box office.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:22 pm

yonny616 wrote:
DSP2 Whoa! Hopefully the female crowd shows as much support for female superheroes like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel at the box office.

Don't be silly. No woman is a superhero. Those movies are just being sexist.  DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:40 pm

Kingsman: The Secret Service made $79.4 million worldwide so far. Despite what anyone feels about Fifty Shades of Grey, rated-R movies are doing surprising good at the box-office this year so far.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:59 pm

4-Day Weekend Box Office

Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 -7468674f-5bec-48ff-ad32-3ab8898e1909
1. Fifty Shades of Grey - $94.4 Million
2. Kingsman: The Secret Service - $42 Million
3. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - $40 Million
4. American Sniper - $19.4 Million
5. Jupiter Ascending - $10.6 Million

Fifty Shades dominates the box office as expected. Kingsman exceeds expectations with over $40 million and manages to push Spongebob down to the third spot. American Sniper gets into the four spot easily and Jupiter Ascending is still a train wreck.

Next week predictions
Fifty Shades of Grey
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Spongebob: Sponge out of Water
American Sniper
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 5:05 pm

yonny616 wrote:
4-Day Weekend Box Office

1. Fifty Shades of Grey - $94.4 Million
2. Kingsman: The Secret Service - $42 Million
3. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - $40 Million
4. American Sniper - $19.4 Million
5. Jupiter Ascending - $10.6 Million

Fifty Shades dominates the box office as expected. Kingsman exceeds expectations with over $40 million and manages to push Spongebob down to the third spot. American Sniper gets into the four spot easily and Jupiter Ascending is still a train wreck.

Next week predictions
Fifty Shades of Grey
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Spongebob: Sponge out of Water
American Sniper

I can't take that title seriously. It sounds like something written by the white version of Spike Lee.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 5:30 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I can't take that title seriously. It sounds like something written by the white version of Spike Lee.

It's a movie about a hot tub that is also a time machine. Its already hard to take it serious.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Box office time!

1. Fifty Shades of Grey - $23.2 Million
2. Kingsman: The Secret Service - $17.5 Million
3. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - $15.5 Million
4. McFarland, USA - $11.3 Million
5. The DUFF - $11 Million

With small competition Fifty shades, Kingsman, and SpongeBob stay on top, while McFarland tops The DUFF buy 300 thousand more, and Hot Tub Time Machine 2 bombs.

Next weekend Prediction
1. Focus
2. Fifty Shades of Grey
3. Kingsman
4. Lazarus Effect
5. The SpongeBob Movie
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 12:12 am

My Prediction:
1. Focus
2. Fifty Shades of Grey
3. Kingsman
4. The SpongeBob Movie
5. Lazarus Effect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Box Office Thread   Official Box Office Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Box Office Thread
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next