Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Religion, and what I feel about it.

Go down 
+20
NoelX2
Pizzy3C
Stoney
Hydell
igame
Based Sonji
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
IcyMeteor
Chobo
Bluenose
Pickles1337
Mikenuge
Archduke
Azazel
Jack the Spectre
ArchAngel
Orc
Mecha
Blixtstorm
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 am

igame, you're just making pointless arguments. God damns to Hell those that don't believe in Him and rewards those that do. Based on that, one can logically assume that He desires and needs love and worship.

And don't tell me that God is beyond logic, because that's just a weak argument.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:21 am

Why is that a weak argument? God is God. It is what it is. Just because you can't find ways to poke at it doesn't make it's a weak argument. You have to debate it on the standards of what God is and that happens to be something we can't fully comprehend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:51 am

To be honest, I have yet to see any theory of the beginning of the universe and the creation of life that makes any sense, what so ever. Religion or not.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Just gonna leave this here....

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 W67JK
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Teckno wrote:
Why is that a weak argument? God is God. It is what it is. Just because you can't find ways to poke at it doesn't make it's a weak argument. You have to debate it on the standards of what God is and that happens to be something we can't fully comprehend.
"God is mysterious" is a cop-out argument when all arguments for the existence and greatness of God have been countered. It's like saying, "Logically, the chance of the God of the holy books existing is unlikely, and when you think about it, he's kind of an asshole, but I'm sure I just don't understand it."

I'll use an example argument made by TheAmazingAtheist. I say, "I am my own father." You say, "That's impossible," because it is. Am I really allowed to say, "I am beyond the laws of the universe and human comprehension" and have that as a valid argument? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:13 pm

TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
"God is mysterious" is a cop-out argument when all arguments for the existence and greatness of God have been countered. It's like saying, "Logically, the chance of the God of the holy books existing is unlikely, and when you think about it, he's kind of an asshole, but I'm sure I just don't understand it."

I'll use an example argument made by TheAmazingAtheist. I say, "I am my own father." You say, "That's impossible," because it is. Am I really allowed to say, "I am beyond the laws of the universe and human comprehension" and have that as a valid argument? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Then any debating is invalid because atheist can't except God in what it is supposed to be. You can't just take qualities away because it doesn't fit your own agenda. Yea you can blatantly say it's a cop out, but why even argue then? Why would I debate with someone about water if they took a quality away from it? That would never work. Think about it for a moment, if you did believe God existed, do you think you would be able to totally explain him? Absolutely not.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Teckno wrote:
TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Then any debating is invalid because atheist can't except God in what it is supposed to be. You can't just take qualities away because it doesn't fit your own agenda. Yea you can blatantly say it's a cop out, but why even argue then? Why would I debate with someone about water if they took a quality away from it? That would never work. Think about it for a moment, if you did believe God existed, do you think you would be able to totally explain him? Absolutely not.
Right. Debating is pointless because where I choose to use logic and reason, you have developed a sort of reusable cop-out in creating something that defies the laws of the universe of its own creation.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:30 pm

TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Right. Debating is pointless because where I choose to use logic and reason, you have developed a sort of reusable cop-out in creating something that defies the laws of the universe of its own creation.

What's so illogical about God not being understandable? If anything, I see the cop out excuse as a cop out excuse.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Teckno wrote:
What's so illogical about God not being understandable? If anything, I see the cop out excuse as a cop out excuse.
Because your God doesn't follow the laws of logic or the universe, making him impossible to exist. You're saying He is allowed to do that. That's a cop-out.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:41 pm

TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Because your God doesn't follow the laws of logic or the universe, making him impossible to exist. You're saying He is allowed to do that. That's a cop-out.

Were you not the one in the chatbox saying God can exist? You can't just switch with your arguments. God created the universe so he is above the laws of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 Thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Teckno wrote:
TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Were you not the one in the chatbox saying God can exist? You can't just switch with your arguments. God created the universe so he is above the laws of the universe.
God can exist. It's called an unfalsifiable negative. You can't disprove him because a basic god has no traits. I could say prayer works, and we could attempt it, and if nothing happens, you could easily say God knew we weren't really praying and I couldn't prove you wrong.

However, when you give God traits intertwined with history, logic, and emotion, then he is no longer an unfalsifiable negative. It just makes no sense.

You guys say he damns to Hell those that worship him, yet claim His violent jealousy is okay because He is God.
You claim that God is the emotions, not that He expresses them, YET HE CLEARLY AND BLATANTLY EXPRESSED THEM.

Your arguments are no longer based in logic and reason.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:11 pm

TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:

God can exist. It's called an unfalsifiable negative. You can't disprove him because a basic god has no traits. I could say prayer works, and we could attempt it, and if nothing happens, you could easily say God knew we weren't really praying and I couldn't prove you wrong.

However, when you give God traits intertwined with history, logic, and emotion, then he is no longer an unfalsifiable negative. It just makes no sense.

You guys say he damns to Hell those that worship him, yet claim His violent jealousy is okay because He is God.
You claim that God is the emotions, not that He expresses them, YET HE CLEARLY AND BLATANTLY EXPRESSED THEM.

Your arguments are no longer based in logic and reason.
Wait, what? When did I say any of that? Why would God damn those to hell that worship him? And what violent jealousy? Yes he did express them and?
What is this I don't even..
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Teckno wrote:
Wait, what? When did I say any of that? Why would God damn those to hell that worship him? And what violent jealousy? Yes he did express them and?
These are just arguments from various people on the thread. And I meant to say people that don't worship him, that was a typo.

Damning people to Hell who don't worship him is a violent expression of jealousy that's been defended in this thread, and I was told (I think it was igame who said this) that God doesn't express those emotions.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 Atheism-posters-atheism-1492607-450-369
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 Thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:18 pm

^^

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Guys, just tone the intensity down a notch.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Sonji wrote:
So, since God is perfect, we should all treat women like shit? He says so, does he not?

Crush babies against hard rocks? (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9)
Child abuse? (Judges 11:29-40)
God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3)

Can't wait to see what comes out of that.

Psamls 137:9 - "Happy is he who dasheth thy infants on the rocks"

It is reference to the fall of Jerusalem and the captivity of Israel, its simply stating that Babylon has committed many terrible acts against the Jews and that Babylon shall be repaid, Babylon had come into Judah and killed many of their children. So, the poet in this passage was simply saying that, one day, Babylon would get its "just desserts".

Hosea 13:16 - "Samaria will be held guilty, because she rebelled against her God. They will fall by the sword, their infants will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women will be ripped open."

its figuratively, not literally, the Israelites began to worship other gods, after He took them out of Egypt, fed them and pretty much took cared of them along the way to the Promised Land, then they became ungrateful and failed to acknowledge him.

Judges 11:29 - 40 - too long to post it

Leviticus 18:21 clearly states that God does not want human sacrifices, noticed how she is upset cuz she "will not marry"? THAT was the sacrifice, she stayed virgin and did not marry. Also whenever they made burnt offering to God they always HAD to be male, whether it be sheep or goat, never human.

Deuteronomy 3 - too long to post

I read it and did not see anywhere where God directly ordered the death of all men, women and children, it was a war obviously, you can't win a war unless you kill the enemy, the bible is simply stating what happened, but yeah you fuck with God's people and you will get raped up the ass.

TRF wrote:
igame, you're just making pointless arguments. God damns to Hell those that don't believe in Him and rewards those that do. Based on that, one can logically assume that He desires and needs love and worship.

And don't tell me that God is beyond logic, because that's just a weak argument.

Its not that he "desires" worship, its more that he "deserves" worship, just pretend that he is real for a moment, that he did create everything, do you not think that a higher being that gave life to everything deserves worship?

TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
These are just arguments from various people on the thread. And I meant to say people that don't worship him, that was a typo.

Damning people to Hell who don't worship him is a violent expression of jealousy that's been defended in this thread, and I was told (I think it was igame who said this) that God doesn't express those emotions.

No one in the old testament went to heaven after they died, why? because of SIN. No matter how much you praised him or believed in him, you would still not go to heaven, because your sins still remained with you. Where the eff did they go then? no idea, maybe i'll research that later.

In the new testament God gives up his only son for us, so that we can reach Him thru Christ, what an asshole right? giving up his son for us humans, just so he can get rid of our sins and be able to go to heaven.

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Notice that it does not mention anything about "worship"

Last edited by igame on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:43 pm

unnecessary thread is unnecessary. should have been locked from the begining

believe what you want just dont force it on other people

& religion isnt evil, its man it sell
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:48 pm

^^

We aren't forcing it on each other. If you don't like the thread, leave.

Fucking Christ.
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Sonji wrote:
^^

Fucking Christ.
wasnt just talking about people in this thread, i ment that everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.
& maby you shouldnt allow threads about religion , considering this is a gaming forum ADMIN
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:14 pm

ADV3N7URER!!!!! wrote:
Sonji wrote:
^^

Fucking Christ.
wasnt just talking about people in this thread, i ment that everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.
& maby you shouldnt allow threads about religion , considering this is a gaming forum ADMIN

This is in the Rant which is under the Off-Topic sub-forum, MEMBER.
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 pm

all im saying is that this thread might offend forum members that are religious. iseewhatyoudidthere
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 pm

^^

Maybe they shouldn't open up this thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion, and what I feel about it.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next