Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Religion, and what I feel about it.

Go down 
+20
NoelX2
Pizzy3C
Stoney
Hydell
igame
Based Sonji
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
IcyMeteor
Chobo
Bluenose
Pickles1337
Mikenuge
Archduke
Azazel
Jack the Spectre
ArchAngel
Orc
Mecha
Blixtstorm
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Religion, and what I feel about it. Empty
PostSubject: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:31 pm

For people that frequent the chatbox knows that I really dislike any religion.

I hate religious people of any kind, every people that claim to have "fact" in some old god or gods that created the world for some thousands years ago. Religion is for the weak-minded fools that cling on to their beliefs like everyone agrees with them.

This applies to all of the big religions, all claiming to be the right one and will go to war just to "prove" it. Just like the Muslims believe in virgins in the afterlife, for killing innocent people. That is beyond me!
The funny thing is that every religion has a expire date on them, just like the Greek, Norse or other old religion. Soon they will be replaced by a new more sensible religion or ideology.

Sure the "invasion" of Europe by the Muslims could be justified by war in their own countries or bad governing of their native nations. But as soon as they arrive at the new place, they claim to be the owners of the new nation! And very often the country they moved to is more likely to "fear" them just for their feeble mindsets and petty acts of terrorism against the native people of their new country.

This however isn't just for Muslims this applies to, it was the same for the Christians that ventured to other nations trying to impose a new religious belief. However, after the 18th century the Christians seems to have settled down, until the "born again" started to show up in America. Born again means that you are born in the eyes of God. Some of these people frequent sites such as youtube and try to impose their newly found savior to their new enemy... the Atheist. Some of them even try to claim that religion and science go hand in hand, creationists.... bah!

Jews are not without fault either, after having been almost exterminated by Hitler and the things that started on 'Cristal Night' for over 70 years ago. The Jews where given a nation from that they claimed to be "their" just because some book said it. Now, most of them are heads of corporate enterprises and newspapers, thereby controlling most of the modern aged propaganda.

All of them claim to know best, and backed up by a book written for atleast 1500 years ago by some goat-herder that wanted a new meaning to their life.

What they don't understand is that religion was created to "understand" the universe before they could really do it. Religion is sort of a substitute for their lack of explaining powers at that day and age. However as the years pass-by, some geniuses backed up with fact have proved the books wrong and wrong yet again. And now the religious get mad over that some people figured a piece of our existence.

At this day and age we can explain everything without that intervention of a almighty god or gods. So I really don't see the point of having religion on our planet.

Mostly all wars are based on religion.
Most hate crimes are based on religion.
Honor killings are always based on religion.

I hate when people say that religion is good... Because deep down, I think they know that it really isn't.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Religion, and what I feel about it. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Religion, and what I feel about it. Cool-story-bro-jesus-loves-you-too
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Very interesting thoughts, Blixtstorm. I agree with most of what you say. That being said, I was brought up as a christian and although I'm agnostic at the moment, I do believe there is some kind of greater force out there. Whether it's god or Ganesha or whatever is not important but there couldn't just be life and no reason for it.

To be fair though, if I could choose a religion it would be Greek beliefs.
Check this out:

Zeus was worshipped as the wolf-god on Mount Lycaeus (=of the Wolves) in Arcadia. He had a secret cult where certain favoured initiates were believed to be transformed into a wolf for a period of 8 years. If they abstained from human flesh during that time they would resume human form with greater strength and prowess.

Fuck yeah!! Origin of lycanthrope (aka: werewolves).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Okay in all seriousness, I mostly agree with what you say. But I disagree about your last statements. Religion doesn't cause wars, humans do. Hate crimes is not cause by Religion, drugs and money do (trust me.) Honor killing is not cause by Religion... at least not all the time anyways.

Religion is not all bad. There a lot of Religious people that have done a lot of good.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Im not going to dive deep into this kind of topic, but I will say, people who blame religion for the worlds problems are floolish.

If there was no such thing as religion, there would STILL be as many wars, killings and crime.People will just thing of other excuses to do them.You honestly beleive all of those leaders who used religion as reason to go for war actually beleived that?Of course not

Religion or not, it is in our nature to do crime, kill eachother and start wars.You dont have to be religous to realize this.If it isnt for religion, it is for money or power

And im almost shocked that you would say religion is bad.So I guess when my church helped built a well in a poor african village, it was bad right?Uh huh, my church is so evil

Blaming all our problems on religion is just projectionism.

And btw, over 25,000 events, people and locations related to the bible have been found.Not a SINGLE one contradicted the bible.The bible also doesnt defy science at all, and to many peoples surprise they are both connected.Though I wont go into detail on that, if you want to know more I can PM you a link to a site dedicated to showing people that christianity isnt "blind faith"

I wont go on any futher because I dont want to start a full scale religion flame war.So I said what I wanted to say, feel free to reply but I probably wont go any further on here.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Religion, and what I feel about it. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
For people that frequent the chatbox knows that I really dislike any religion.

I hate religious people of any kind, every people that claim to have "fact" in some old god or gods that created the world for some thousands years ago. Religion is for the weak-minded fools that cling on to their beliefs like everyone agrees with them.
Not really. Religion is fine. The only real issue is the burden of proof when trying to convince others that God exists, and that burden also exists for those who try to disprove his existence.

This applies to all of the big religions, all claiming to be the right one and will go to war just to "prove" it. Just like the Muslims believe in virgins in the afterlife, for killing innocent people. That is beyond me!
The religion didn't do anything. The people did.

The funny thing is that every religion has a expire date on them, just like the Greek, Norse or other old religion. Soon they will be replaced by a new more sensible religion or ideology.
I find it funny that you think that the Greek and Norse religions are any less plausible than the three big monotheistic religions (if you count Christianity as a monotheistic religion -- I don't).

Sure the "invasion" of Europe by the Muslims could be justified by war in their own countries or bad governing of their native nations. But as soon as they arrive at the new place, they claim to be the owners of the new nation! And very often the country they moved to is more likely to "fear" them just for their feeble mindsets and petty acts of terrorism against the native people of their new country.
Conquering nations has been a repeated act throughout history. Everyone conquered: the Romans, the Macedonians, the French, hell, a good chunk of the United States is conquered land.

This however isn't just for Muslims this applies to, it was the same for the Christians that ventured to other nations trying to impose a new religious belief. However, after the 18th century the Christians seems to have settled down, until the "born again" started to show up in America. Born again means that you are born in the eyes of God. Some of these people frequent sites such as youtube and try to impose their newly found savior to their new enemy... the Atheist. Some of them even try to claim that religion and science go hand in hand, creationists.... bah!
It seems like you've just had some bad experiences with religious folk and you can't differentiate between those religious folk and the religion as an ideology in and of itself.

Jews are not without fault either, after having been almost exterminated by Hitler and the things that started on 'Cristal Night' for over 70 years ago. The Jews where given a nation from that they claimed to be "their" just because some book said it. Now, most of them are heads of corporate enterprises and newspapers, thereby controlling most of the modern aged propaganda.
That's a weak argument. I mean really weak. You make it seem like Judaism is conquering the world. While I agree that the establishment of Israel was unfair to the native Palestinian population, what's done is done. A homeland needed to be created for the Jewish population that was almost exterminated in Europe. In fact, if it makes you happy, Israel is located in a terrible location. It's vulnerable to a quick destruction, and were it not for Israel's highly-trained military, the country could be taken over in less than a week.

All of them claim to know best, and backed up by a book written for atleast 1500 years ago by some goat-herder that wanted a new meaning to their life.
I can't argue with you there, but aren't you yourself claiming to know best right now? So far you haven't presented a single solid argument that religion is wrong and immoral.

What they don't understand is that religion was created to "understand" the universe before they could really do it. Religion is sort of a substitute for their lack of explaining powers at that day and age. However as the years pass-by, some geniuses backed up with fact have proved the books wrong and wrong yet again. And now the religious get mad over that some people figured a piece of our existence.

At this day and age we can explain everything without that intervention of a almighty god or gods. So I really don't see the point of having religion on our planet.
Actually, we can't, and while I think religion is a waste of time, I do think it should be allowed if people want to use God to fill in the gaps of our understanding of the universe.

Mostly all wars are based on religion.
And money, and land, and power . . . I could keep going on. Religion plays no specific part in war. Hell, even the Crusades weren't entirely inspired by the religion. They were, in part, inspired by a desire for land.
Most hate crimes are based on religion.
Yes, hate crimes like police brutally assaulting a black man or several black men stabbing a white man because of his RACE. In addition, if man A kills man B, who happens to be Muslim, where does religion come in? Sure, man B had a religion, but that's not a solid argument for why religion is wrong. In addition, I doubt man A's religion convinced him to kill man B.
Honor killings are always based on religion.
Yes. Fundamentalist, psychotic, extremist religious interpretations of [insert holy book here].

I hate when people say that religion is good... Because deep down, I think they know that it really isn't.
Nope. You've not made one argument for why religion is wrong. You may have talked about old interpretations of religion, but not once have you proven that religion did anything bad -- only people doing bad things in the name of religion. If I killed a priest in the name of evolution, would that make evolution an immoral thing to teach? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Religion, and what I feel about it. 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:13 pm

If someone strikes you with a blade, do you sue the blade or the man who wields it?
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
If someone strikes you with a blade, do you sue the blade or the man who wields it?

You know, im surprised I didnt think of saying it like what you did.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 pm

TRF pretty much destroyed Blix's rant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Religion can be violent specially in the past look what it has caused... wars (crusades) it also put people to death because of being witches stuff like that.. ahh and lets not forget islam some part of that allows you to blow yourself up in the name of god i mean da fuck ?

and it was gods judgement that hitler was allowed to murder millions of jews rite ?
but all religions are mostly peaceful specially Hinduism & Buddhism another thing there are tons of religions all claiming theres is right i mean if i chose the wrong one does it mean im going to hell ?

- i personally believe in the big bang theory and evolution if you think about it its much more beautiful than you think we are all made of out stardust and the atoms inside us once belonged to a dying star i mean wow also if we were still religious we would all still be living in the stone age without science the earth would still be flat

to sum it up if god can be proven ill bend over and pray till that day science ruleszz zz z

plus if you believe in god religion w/e thats up to you and i respect that
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:

Probably because no one fights with swords anymore. Religion, and what I feel about it. 725796345

It's a semi-solid analogy, but not perfect because religion isn't really used as a weapon, but rather as an excuse.

DukemNukem43 wrote:
And I actually happen to be a devout atheist like Blixt.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I've read a book that blamed religion for sexism. Buddha and Jesus supposedly saw women as equals but that was mostly ignored and the other guys(apostles?) thought otherwise and that's what was written down.

Also didn't Mao kill 50 million people in his Great Leap Forward? I'm an atheist and all but atheism has caused horrible stuff too.

Personally, I think the cons of religion outweigh the pros.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 pm

The virgins thing is not fact.

Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2562 says:

The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana’a [Yemen]

Firstly, it's a hadith, it's not stated in the Quran which is the ultimate authority.
This is as a weak Hadith that has no line or sequence of narration. Although listed in an authoritative collection, this particular Hadith has technical weaknesses in its chain of transmitters and is therefore not considered impeccable. As a result, Muslims are not required to believe in it. Even if the Hadith was true, there is nothing about it that says that if someone commits suicide they would get 72 virgins in paradise.

People just google this and consider it as fact. It's absolutely not.

And suicide is constantly condemned in the Quran.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Religion, and what I feel about it. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:33 pm

People need to remember this:

Religion is Faith, not Fact

I'm a little like Lykos.

don't really belive much of what the bible says, but I do think that there is a supreme being out there.

wheather it's a god or goddes or spirit or titan or Spartan turned God turned Demi-God Religion, and what I feel about it. 21888

I also do believe that there is a place your soul goes once you die.

whether it's heven or hell or nirvana or another body.

that's just my take on it.

and if you argue with me, read line 2.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Religion, and what I feel about it. 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:33 pm

TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:

Probably because no one fights with swords anymore. Religion, and what I feel about it. 725796345

It's a semi-solid analogy, but not perfect because religion isn't really used as a weapon, but rather as an excuse.

DukemNukem43 wrote:
And I actually happen to be a devout atheist like Blixt.

I said "blade" for a reason since it could mean a weapon, or simply an everyday tool, ect. It depends on who is using it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:29 pm

I think what Deus Ex Machina is trying to say is that if someone shoots you with a gun who are you going to blame? The gun or the person who shot you?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
I think what Deus Ex Machina is trying to say is that if someone shoots you with a gun who are you going to blame? The gun or the person who shot you?
Thank you, Socrates, I think we all knew what he was trying to say. Religion, and what I feel about it. 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:17 pm

TRF wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Thank you, Socrates, I think we all knew what he was trying to say. Religion, and what I feel about it. 725796345

Religion, and what I feel about it. Xbs1je10
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Creep
Creep
IcyMeteor

Stature : 0
deek at em illinois
Playing : good

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 am

I am a christian I consider my self christian but I dont follow everything cause some of the stuff they say you should do I think is bull crap. take repenting to everyone, who whats to do that? besides most people dont want to even hear it so why tell them if they wont listen. thats why lately in my life I try to see stuff more in scientific terms rather than religious.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 am

TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
Conquering nations has been a repeated act throughout history. Everyone conquered: the Romans, the Macedonians, the French, hell, a good chunk of the United States is conquered land.

Manifest Destiny. Religion, and what I feel about it. 725796345

American expansion had deep roots in religion too.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Religion, and what I feel about it. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 am

All I can say is... May the Force be with you.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 am

Zeratul wrote:
Im not going to dive deep into this kind of topic, but I will say, people who blame religion for the worlds problems are floolish.

If there was no such thing as religion, there would STILL be as many wars, killings and crime.People will just thing of other excuses to do them.You honestly beleive all of those leaders who used religion as reason to go for war actually beleived that?Of course not

Religion or not, it is in our nature to do crime, kill eachother and start wars.You dont have to be religous to realize this.If it isnt for religion, it is for money or power

And im almost shocked that you would say religion is bad.So I guess when my church helped built a well in a poor african village, it was bad right?Uh huh, my church is so evil

Blaming all our problems on religion is just projectionism.

And btw, over 25,000 events, people and locations related to the bible have been found.Not a SINGLE one contradicted the bible.The bible also doesnt defy science at all, and to many peoples surprise they are both connected.Though I wont go into detail on that, if you want to know more I can PM you a link to a site dedicated to showing people that christianity isnt "blind faith"

I wont go on any futher because I dont want to start a full scale religion flame war.So I said what I wanted to say, feel free to reply but I probably wont go any further on here.

Crusades say hi. Evolution wants to stop by and have a chat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/ Everything you said has been torn apart on one site. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:03 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, all of the U.S. is conquered land. Wow, I feel like an ass right now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:18 am

These are very interesting points blixt. But i don't agree with everything. You cannot blame religion for wars. I mean there are alot of wars thanks to religion but war is something thats inside us humans.

However the story of christianity disturbs me. I mean asked once this christian catholic the question. If i am a good person, i don't drink nor smoke nor be disrespectfull towards people yet i choose for not being a christian will i still go to hell. According to every single christian i asked that question they all said yes you will go to hell. And thats the main thing that disturbs me. I am against religion but not against religious people. Thats why i prefer mormonism if i was simple enough to actually believe in something like a religion.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:39 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, all of the U.S. is conquered land. Wow, I feel like an ass right now.

America! Fuck Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion, and what I feel about it.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next