Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Religion, and what I feel about it.

Go down 
+20
NoelX2
Pizzy3C
Stoney
Hydell
igame
Based Sonji
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
IcyMeteor
Chobo
Bluenose
Pickles1337
Mikenuge
Archduke
Azazel
Jack the Spectre
ArchAngel
Orc
Mecha
Blixtstorm
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I am against religion but not against religious people.

I think it should be the other way around. Like for example Christians say that masterbating is a sin, but the bible makes no clear mention about it.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
I am against religion but not against religious people.

I think it should be the other way around. Like for example Christians say that masterbating is a sin, but the bible makes no clear mention about it.

I actually asked one of my pastors about that, she said it was ok depending on the situation
but hey i say that if its a sin to masterbate, then have someone do it for you I love you
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Like i was saying in the chatbox, i can sympathise with Blix because of the situation in Sweden right now
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Reaper wrote:
Like i was saying in the chatbox, i can sympathise with Blix because of the situation in Sweden right now

Yeah, because we all know that every religious person is a rapist. Just like how every black person mugs people.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
I think what Deus Ex Machina is trying to say is that if someone shoots you with a gun who are you going to blame? The gun or the person who shot you?

Not really, since a gun was built with the intention of causing harm, I used a blade since it can be either a weapon or tool, and could have been made with the intention of it being a weapon or tool or something else, it depends on the person who wields it and or who built it.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
These are very interesting points blixt. But i don't agree with everything. You cannot blame religion for wars. I mean there are alot of wars thanks to religion but war is something thats inside us humans.

However the story of christianity disturbs me. I mean asked once this christian catholic the question. If i am a good person, i don't drink nor smoke nor be disrespectfull towards people yet i choose for not being a christian will i still go to hell. According to every single christian i asked that question they all said yes you will go to hell. And thats the main thing that disturbs me. I am against religion but not against religious people. Thats why i prefer mormonism if i was simple enough to actually believe in something like a religion.

I dont think you understand.Every person sins.It doesnt matter if we are talking about a charity donor or a serial killer.Both sin and therefore need to ask lord jesus christ to be their savior.You can only reach god through Jesus, and if you dont, you will go to hell.Dont get me wrong, god wants people not to sin and do terrible things, but as humans, we ALL sin.If a serial killer asks jesus for forgiveness, then he will be forgiven.If for example an athiest doesnt ask for frogiveness, how will his sins be forgiven?See my point?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
These are very interesting points blixt. But i don't agree with everything. You cannot blame religion for wars. I mean there are alot of wars thanks to religion but war is something thats inside us humans.

However the story of christianity disturbs me. I mean asked once this christian catholic the question. If i am a good person, i don't drink nor smoke nor be disrespectfull towards people yet i choose for not being a christian will i still go to hell. According to every single christian i asked that question they all said yes you will go to hell. And thats the main thing that disturbs me. I am against religion but not against religious people. Thats why i prefer mormonism if i was simple enough to actually believe in something like a religion.

I dont think you understand.Every person sins.It doesnt matter if we are talking about a charity donor or a serial killer.Both sin and therefore need to ask lord jesus christ to be their savior.You can only reach god through Jesus, and if you dont, you will go to hell.Dont get me wrong, god wants people not to sin and do terrible things, but as humans, we ALL sin.If a serial killer asks jesus for forgiveness, then he will be forgiven.If for example an athiest doesnt ask for frogiveness, how will his sins be forgiven?See my point?
So a serial killer who worships Jesus is seen as being higher than an atheist who has never harmed a hair on anyone's head. Yeah, I have a big issue with that.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 pm

TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

So a serial killer who worships Jesus is seen as being higher than an atheist who has never harmed a hair on anyone's head. Yeah, I have a big issue with that.

If a serial killer truly asks for FORGIVENESS for his sins and asks lord jesus christ as his savior, then he will go to heaven.His terrible cimres will be forgiven.An athiest who doesnt bleieve in god nor jesus is obviosly not going to the house of god and isnt forgiven for his sins is gonna go to hell.That athiest has sinned EVERY day of his entire life, so how can his sins be foregiven if he hasnt asked for forgiveness, let alone beleive that there is a god?This is my understanding of it all anyways, every christain interpretes things differently.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 pm

That's pretty corrupt if you'll be forgiven for killing someone.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Why would a serial killer worship Jesus? if the man is sorry for killing people, and actually means it from the heart and is willing to change, then yeah his sins are washed away.

The problem with the atheist is that as Zeratul said, he does not have a relationship with God, and once he dies the Lord will cast him down to hell.
For he did not remember Him when he was on earth, and God will do the same once he is in front of Him, He just gonna be like "who the fuck are you dude?"
You don't ignore the father of creation and expect something good out of it.

@BlackStigma

Its called "love" dude lol
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

So no matter how many good deeds an atheist does he's still going to hell? Well it's no wonder why atheist hate religion so much.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 am

TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

That is pretty fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 am

Mecha wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Yeah, because we all know that every religious person is a rapist. Just like how every black person mugs people.

Thats not my point, if you go to live in another country you follow that countries laws...but when it comes to muslims in sweden they follow their own laws and it gets buried by the swedish government because they dont want to be seen as anti-muslim....really all they need to do is stop laying down for that kind of despicable behavior.

If i was to go into a muslim country and drink alcohol, eat pork, and in general live the same way i do here in the UK i would quickly find myself in jail, but when the shoes on the other foot its not the case.

I say if you dont like our laws then fuck off home.

Fuck Islam, fuck Christianity, fuck all religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Du%E2%80%99a_Khalil_Aswad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(1099)#Massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Association#Islam
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060219/news_1n19cartoon.html

Read these then i dare you to tell me that religion isnt a big fucking problem, look what it makes people do.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 am

Reaper wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Thats not my point, if you go to live in another country you follow that countries laws...but when it comes to muslims in sweden they follow their own laws and it gets buried by the swedish government because they dont want to be seen as anti-muslim....really all they need to do is stop laying down for that kind of despicable behavior.

If i was to go into a muslim country and drink alcohol, eat pork, and in general live the same way i do here in the UK i would quickly find myself in jail, but when the shoes on the other foot its not the case.

Read these then i dare you to tell me that religion isnt a big fucking problem, look what it makes people do.

Like in France, they have banned that stupid full face veil that women of Islam are forced to wear. Kudos to the French.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:05 am

to be fair, if you don't believe in any religion then you believe that when you die, that's it, your body will rot and you'll be forgotten.

As improbable as it may sound, I like the possibility of an afterlife. That would be awesome.
So in case it's true that there's life after death, I don't want to disrespect God(?) Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:14 am

Okay, this thread is starting to get disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 am

Zeratul wrote:
TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

If a serial killer truly asks for FORGIVENESS for his sins and asks lord jesus christ as his savior, then he will go to heaven.His terrible cimres will be forgiven.An athiest who doesnt bleieve in god nor jesus is obviosly not going to the house of god and isnt forgiven for his sins is gonna go to hell.That athiest has sinned EVERY day of his entire life, so how can his sins be foregiven if he hasnt asked for forgiveness, let alone beleive that there is a god?This is my understanding of it all anyways, every christain interpretes things differently.
Yeah, I'm sure the families of the victims would take solace in knowing that Jesus forgave the man who killed their children. God may be forgiving one man for his crimes, but in doing so, he's basically fucking over a bunch of others. How would you feel if a man murdered your son and you met that man in heaven because he had a little guilt trip? I'd be pretty pissed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

Zeratul wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

So a serial killer and a pedophile just turns into a christian and POOF they go to heaven. An atheist that had a good life and was friendly goes to hell because he chooses not to be a christian. If so then your religion sucks and you should be ashamed for being a slave to that.

EDIT:my point is that you shouldn't put all sins together as the same. Genocide is a sin but its worse then swearing or stealing. yet you get the same punishment. That shows how horrible and misinformed your "god" actually is.

Last edited by Toxicmaniac on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 am

Hey, Zera can believe what he wants to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 am

TRF wrote:
Hey, Zera can believe what he wants to.
People can also join the KKK if they want. But that doesn't change my opinion on them.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 am

Kinda like Jeffrey Dahmer. He got converted to Christianity after he got caught. And i'm sure that alot of you are aware of the crimes Jeffrey has commited.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:24 am

My counter rant :) Censored because I'm not familiar with the rules, and don't care to look them up...

I believe in God. Or a creator would be more accurate... When scientists have been quoted saying things like, "DNA is far too complex to have happened by chance." I tend to agree with them. When the religion I grew up in says, "the earth is only a few thousand years old," I tend to disagree with that.

Point being who gives a flying **** what anyone else believes, I don't give my beliefs to anybody who doesn't ask for them. Nor do I care to hear from anybody else's perspective. Especially if that person is atheist.

Seems like any time an atheist finds out I believe in God he wants to spend the rest of his life trying to "Make me see the light" in that everything was created by random chance. I don't care. I never will care, and the fact that you care so much shows me how insecure you are in your beliefs. Not saying all atheists, TRF and I get along just fine and the issue has never come up between us, just the ones I have met in person.

I don't know what it is about people and trying to convert you to ****, not just religion, but hell since we're on a gaming website let's say consoles, different sports, different music. I'll try anything once but my God if I don't like it I don't like it, STFU. Some people take life way too seriously...

If somebody needs something more to believe in that this life has meaning great. If you want to believe that there's nothing more to life then life itself awesome. Personally I think it's foolish to say we all got here because of a bang, or that dna in two different species are so closely related because it was a happy accident. I can't comprehend life coming from nothing, especially since all we have seen our whole lives is life coming from other life.

To finish my essay teacher I would like to point out that in this Religion or God debate there is only 1 fact that can be stated, everything else is opinion. 1 thing everybody can say, "Yup that's true," and that is that WE DON'T KNOW ****. The faster we all get that through our heads the better off we'll be.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:39 am

Not disagreeing with you, Pizzy, but I never understood the "chance" argument for the existence of God. Yes, DNA is incredibly complex and the chance of it existing at that complexity is very slim. However, let's say I hand you a deck of cards and tell you to pick five off the top. You pick a 2 of hearts, a king of diamonds, a jack of spades, a 10 of diamonds, and a Joker. What is the chance of you picking those five cards in that EXACT order? Slim to none. But you still picked them, didn't you?

As for a "happy accident," animal DNA is closely related because of evolution. Evolution could be considered a "happy accident," but it doesn't happen for every species. The ones that don't evolve go extinct.

But yes, overall, I agree that you should let people believe what they want to, although I see no harm in debating since I doubt anyone is going to convert because of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Reaper wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Wait, so you're trying to tell us the people who did rape didn't go to jail? Gtfo.

Religion doesn't make people do that. People use religion as a defense to defend their unjustifiable action.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm

igame wrote:
Why would a serial killer worship Jesus? if the man is sorry for killing people, and actually means it from the heart and is willing to change, then yeah his sins are washed away.

The problem with the atheist is that as Zeratul said, he does not have a relationship with God, and once he dies the Lord will cast him down to hell.
For he did not remember Him when he was on earth, and God will do the same once he is in front of Him, He just gonna be like "who the fuck are you dude?"
You don't ignore the father of creation and expect something good out of it.

@BlackStigma

Its called "love" dude lol

That was just an example.My grandfather was an alchoholic who cheated on my grandmother and ended up divorcing, but later in his years he felt terribly guilty and wanted forgiveness from god.Now hes a respectable older man who has a great relation ship with god.

@BlackStigma
How is it corrupt?If you had a son or daughter who murdered someone, if they asked for forgiveness, would you not forgive them?I know I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion, and what I feel about it.   Religion, and what I feel about it. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion, and what I feel about it.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next