Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Last Anime You've seen.

Go down 
+9
Archduke
Gutzahn
2Sugoi2Die
Orc
ArchAngel
Stigma
Orion
CleverCatchPhrase
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 pm

anonym wrote:
Blue Exorcist 8.25/10 Pretty good, actually. I honestly thought I was going to hate this, but it's not a bad show.

Blue Exorcist: The Movie 6.5/10 It's ok at best really. Not bad, but not anything groundbreaking.

Eden of the East 9/10 Awesome show loved it.

Eden of the East: The King of Eden 6/10 Very underwhelming compared to the TV show, and the ending sucks. Just Meh.

Eden of the East: Paradise Lost
8/10 Not as underwhelming as King of Eden, but still pales in comparison to the tv series. At least, the ending is good.

Dude, WTF happened to you?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
anonym wrote:
Blue Exorcist 8.25/10 Pretty good, actually. I honestly thought I was going to hate this, but it's not a bad show.

Blue Exorcist: The Movie 6.5/10 It's ok at best really. Not bad, but not anything groundbreaking.

Eden of the East 9/10 Awesome show loved it.

Eden of the East: The King of Eden 6/10 Very underwhelming compared to the TV show, and the ending sucks. Just Meh.

Eden of the East: Paradise Lost
8/10 Not as underwhelming as King of Eden, but still pales in comparison to the tv series. At least, the ending is good.

Dude, WTF happened to you?

IDK what just happened right there. I think the forum might be having some issues right now. My profile pic wont show up for me, either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 am

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 9/10 Absolutely loved it. This show is so MANLY and WILD and CRAZY. The last few episodes are full of EXCITEMENT and KICK-ASS MECH FIGHTING SCENES. The characters' quotes become so memorable, that you will be saying them long after the last episode ends. Though, this show only really shines if you don't take it too seriously. If your looking for a deep and uber-serious plotline, you're going to be disappointed for the majority of this show. It starts out great, falls back into a small dull phase, but then picks up with a brand new and awesome time-skip scenery. The ending could have also been better, and the dull phase in middle of the show kinda ruins the atmosphere and feeling of it. Overall, I loved this anime and I now have it in my top 5 favorite anime's of all-time.

Deadman Wonderland 8/10 Awesome tone and awesome show. So dark, vulgar, andgritty, I loved it. However, the fact that there isn't a real ending to this anime pisses me off. I want a season 2 badly, but I doubt we will ever get one because it wasn't really popular over in Japan. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Orion wrote:
Sword Art Online is genuinely the worst anime I've ever seen in my life. I think most hentai I've watched has better writing than that hunk of fucking shit.

I'm actually talking about the second season which is a lot better. Although NGL Sinon is getting pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 am

Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works : episode 0 and 1
Fuck it this looks amazing. This is a proper way to display insane speed in fights without it looking like they just wanted to cut the budget using it...

http://puu.sh/c8NHN.webm

LOOK AT IT !
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Zankyou No Terror (Terror in Resonance): 8/10 If this show was longer and had a more developed plotline, it'd be better. Still a good show nonetheless.

The Devil is a Part-Timer! 6/10 A few fight scenes of the show are good, and the humor isn't bad, but the rest of the show is just one big "MEH"

Chaos;Head 7/10 Eight episodes of confusion and unexplained plotlines get wrapped up in the final act. The delusions in this show were also just so fucking annoying as well. It was just decent at best, honestly. Excited to watch Steins;Gate though. I heard that it is a Million times better than this slightly-above-average delusional science adventure, that makes you feel like you're on an acid trip.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Chaos;Head ain't got nothing on Steins;Gate.
It is not even close, they are worlds apart. Steins'Gate is way more consistent. You will have to bring a bit of patience at the start though. It's all about the pay off. Makise Kurisu (one of the main characters in S;G) was voted "best girl" over at r/anime out of a trillion characters a few weeks ago btw Razz

So I watched Corpse Party - Tortured Souls
Well if you can stomach the wierd pacing of this 4 episode horro adventure game adaption (and maybe know the source material, I recommend Cryaotic's let's play for this) you will definitly have some fun with this. Bloody, gory and cruel fun. Like damn. Shit's insanely up front with it's violence. Not as rich an atmosphere as the games, but I can only repeat : gory
And holy fucking shit episode 3 has some stuff with scissors... I hate scissors now.

Not really Spoilers, as you won't be able to see who dies or anything here. Those aren't even the ones that are painfull to look at. The bad ones include scissors...
Sample. Gore. Proceed with caution.:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 2:22 am

Gutzahn wrote:
Chaos;Head ain't got nothing on Steins;Gate.
It is not even close, they are worlds apart. Steins'Gate is way more consistent. You will have to bring a bit of patience at the start though. It's all about the pay off. Makise Kurisu (one of the main characters in S;G) was voted "best girl" over at r/anime out of a trillion characters a few weeks ago btw Razz

So I watched Corpse Party - Tortured Souls
Well if you can stomach the wierd pacing of this 4 episode horro adventure game adaption (and maybe know the source material, I recommend Cryaotic's let's play for this) you will definitly have some fun with this. Bloody, gory and cruel fun. Like damn. Shit's insanely up front with it's violence. Not as rich an atmosphere as the games, but I can only repeat : gory
And holy fucking shit episode 3 has some stuff with scissors... I hate scissors now.

Not really Spoilers, as you won't be able to see who dies or anything here. Those aren't even the ones that are painfull to look at. The bad ones include scissors...
Sample. Gore. Proceed with caution.:

Just finished Steins;Gate and I gotta say, I was just blown away by this anime! The final few episodes are so intense, yet make for a great resolve to the show. Even the epilogue OVA/25th episode was decent and not bad, either. I still have to watch the movie that ends this series, but I can't wait to finish it. Makise Kurisu is EASILY one of my favorite anime characters of all-time now, and Okabe Rintaro is also awesome. Finally, I gotta say, the Japanese VA's of this show are outstanding. The guy who played Okabe needs an award for his performance, like seriously. He was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:56 am

Steins;Gate 10/10

Tokyo Ghoul 9/10 (8/10 for censored version. Seriously, fuck that shit.)
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 5:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E5eLUUKNNc
Not exactly an anime but 21/10 xD

I am so in the mood for shit like this. Thanks Osama.

OH DAYUM the 2nd episode is even better!!!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Sakamichi no Appolon: 9/10
Much better than I expected, though the ending could have been better.

Last edited by Angelus on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Sword Art Online (season 1) 6.5/10

SAO: Extra Edition
7/10 Just a basic recap movie containing new footage, and some fanservice thrown in there for lulz. The 20+ minute new quest was cool too.

Assassination Classroom (OVA) I can't really give this a review score, since it was just a 30 minute OVA. But, I do like the premise of this show and some of the characters are pretty interesting as well. Overall, besides some of the obvious spelling mistakes on the fansubbed version, it was good. Looking forward to the official Assassination Classroom anime, coming in January 2015.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 5:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDE2TTeYfsQ
Someone send me this link. Dafuq is this insanity xD
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Parasyte The Maxim - 8/10

I haven't loved anime as much as this since i saw Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
Any other anime like this and Psycho Pass? Also love Monster, Ghos tin The Shell, Attack on Titan, Deathnote, Black Lagoon and Code Geass
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Kara no Kyoukai - Future Gospel
Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 1380184-20140308-V8EQW2

Should be movie number 8 iirc. Well looks and feels awesome as usual. This is advertised as a side-story to the movie series. And this is exactly what I got. Which is kinda disappointing since I was hoping for a bit more, even though they didn't claim it'd be more. Gotta rewatch the franchise now I guess ^^.

Edit : Now I know what's up :  the best character of the show barely showed up at all.

Last edited by Gutzahn on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:51 am

Ep. 23 of SAO 2 was really sad. Sad This entire third arc of the second season had been really depressing. It's still miles better than the first season, though.

Samurai Flamenco 8/10 Very weird show, with tons of unexpected plot twists. I don't know how I stuck through it and finished the show, but somehow I am glad I did so. The characters are really interesting, with a likeable main protagonist, and the final arc is a nice wrap-up to the anime. The animation kind of sucks though, which may turn some people off from the show. Also, the constant genre shifting after a certain amount of episodes will not appeal to all audiences. Sadly, this series sold like shit in Japan and wasn't very popular, so we'll probably never got an English dub for this series. That being said, I got used to the Japanese VA's anyways. (All do a very good job, btw) Overall, if you like superhero shows, shows with action and cool characters, or shows with a lot of crazy and zany story plot twists, then this anime is for you.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 am

Jesus Duke, shit taste in games, shit taste in movies and shit taste in anime. You're actually a living breathing turd!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Re-watched FMA: Milos on Toonami last night. 8/10 Epic film, with crazy fantasy elements and effects. The animation is pretty awesome for a stand-alone film and looks really great in HD. I liked the film a lot more than I did during my first viewing of Milos. The story is still pretty hit or miss, but there are some plot-twists in it that aren't all predictable.

Orion wrote:
Jesus Duke, shit taste in games, shit taste in movies and shit taste in anime. You're actually a living breathing turd!

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 Z

I'm pretty sure you were talking about yourself in that sentence. Not me m8y.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 9:08 am

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 6/10  
-Was fun, pretty alright.  Seriously disappointed with some of the romance elements though, could have used more emotion in that area.  The music used in the Anime was pretty good, but nothing exceptional, always skipped the OP and ED though.  

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 16021933736_10fd89e7cb_o
Erio Futon by Angelus the Revenant, on Flickr

Last edited by Angelus on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Parasyte 8.5/10, anything else like it?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Kaze no Stigma 7.5/10 Would have loved to see a second season for this series, as the first season ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and ends in a way that makes the viewer wanna see more of the story. However, since the author of the light novels died before writing the end of the series, it remains to this day incomplete. R.I.P. Takahiro Yamato Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 483691852

Welcome to the NHK 9/10 Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 3579357143 Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 3579357143 Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 3579357143 That is all I can say about this masterpiece.

Sword Art Online II 9/10 This second season delivered in all ways that I wanted it to, and even hit it in the feels quite a few times. I absolutely loved it. A much better season than the original and crappy 1st season of SAO. Can't wait for Season 3.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Archduke wrote:
Welcome to the NHK 9/10 Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 3579357143 Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 3579357143 Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 3579357143 That is all I can say about this masterpiece.

I feel like you under-rated it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:

I feel like you under-rated it quite a bit.

Nah, I don't think I did. This anime had a few moments that annoyed me, and I'm not a huge fan of the ending. I thought it was kind of bland and uninspiring. The final episode was awesome, but the ending was  just meh. Everything else about this anime was awesome, very impactful, and a dark but realistic view of the hikikomori lifestyle. The episodes with the suicide Island storyline is were this show really hit me.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Saw Welcome to The NHK years ago, great anime surprised you liked it Duke, not surprised about you liking SOA tho
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:01 pm

Orion wrote:
Saw Welcome to The NHK years ago, great anime surprised you liked it Duke, not surprised about you liking SOA tho

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 C1bbb5e41197c3baebc7e03cea3ab0629aa9b6ea8d350841d40b03cfc4593804
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Anime You've seen.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next