Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Last Anime You've seen.

Go down 
+9
Archduke
Gutzahn
2Sugoi2Die
Orc
ArchAngel
Stigma
Orion
CleverCatchPhrase
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
Dragon Ball Z has like one of the worst English dubs out there.

Yeah, I know. xD You have made numerous amounts of threads expressing your discontent with the DBZ english dub. Even the newer english dub of DBZ sucks. Hell, FUNimation keeps screwing the dvd/bluray releases of the show. (Which is hilarious, I will add)

Then again, I haven't watched DBZ or Dragonball in over a decade so I don't really remember how bad it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:43 pm

It's just the English dub makes the characters so out of character, yet Americans don't realize it. Once you watch the Japanese dub with accurate English subtitles, you can never go back. Piccolo is much more intimidating in the Japanese dub. Threatening to literally snap Gohan's neck if he doesn't keep quiet. Vegeta isn't loud in the Japanese dub like he is in the English dub. He acts like a prince should act. And Goku swears unlike in the English dub.

Japanese dub > English dub
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 9/10
The Sisters arc is pretty awesome, slows down after that though, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Dragon ball z

Best anime english dub ever!!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:24 pm

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 8/10 Pretty good anime series. I'm not one for many slice of life or moe genre anime's, but this wasn't bad. Currently rewatching this series. I'm just mad that there won't be a season 3.  :sadfroge: 

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 9.5/10 One of the best anime films I've ever seen, not going to lie. It's long as fuck, but at no point did I think this movie was dragging along.

Oh, and Cowboy Bebop is still fucking awesome.  :like: 
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:14 am

Fairy Tale - 3.5/5

Most episodes feel like filler, but its a great show. Also the english dub is pretty damn good.

Last edited by yonny616 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:44 am

Rewatched Attack on Titan 8/10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Full Metal Alchemist - 4.5/5

I really like this show. English dub is one of the best, although it starts making it's own storyline near the end of the series, but still great.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 5/5

Loved it. It moves faster than the original, but pretty much tells the same story though with the original manga ending. Best anime ever. Fuck the rest.

Last edited by yonny616 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm

So Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is more faithful to the manga?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Yup. FMA anime ('03) was being done right next to the manga, so the anime got ahead of the book and created it's own story instead of waiting for the manga, or making filler. FMA:B was made near the end of the manga so it was more faithful.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:09 pm

I want to see the Fma:Brotherhood treatment done for Soul Eater. The ending was meh, and from what I hear the plot following the manga would be quite a bit better. Needs more Death the Kid btw.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 3:04 am

Attack on Titan

Awesome, hated having to watch with subs, but still great. Overrated as hell though.

4/5
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:18 am

Cowboy Bebop 5/5 One of the greatest anime shows ever created. Everything about it is almost perfect. The ending is crazy and shocked the hell out of me.

EDIT: Attack on Titan 4/5 Solid anime series. Can't wait for a second season to be announced.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:16 am

Psycho-Pass
Veeeery good. So happy that they announced a 2nd season, can't wait ! Dominators are awesome weapons Razz

dat soundtrack <3:

And ending <3 :
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Madoka 3rd Movie : Rebellion
Very good.
I fucking love this writer. He just has such an artsy way with his plot twists. If anyone here has seen the show, you need to watch this movie and be amazed/frustrated Razz
I can't say ANYTHING about the plot without spoiling. Even the first minutes are kind of a twist.
So I'll just tell you that the animation + sound are really top notch.
In terms of symbolism this show+movie tops even NGE by a mile. This shit is so full of art n' stuff, you have no idea xD.

For people who haven't watched the show : 1. Do it ; 2. NO the artstyle is not representativ of the tone/plot of the franchise. Don't judge if you have no idea, I know what it looks like at first glance.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:02 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Fairy Tale - 3.5/5

Most episodes feel like filler, but its a great show. Also the english dub is pretty damn good.

Honestly, I hate this series -- but I'm too invested in it to give up. It's all fanservice and bites off of Naruto at every corner, lol.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 5:45 pm

@Sonji I know what you mean. I hate how they build up the villain to end them in like 3 seconds. Pisses me off everytime.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Hetalia: Axis Powers

Weird ass fucking anime show, but I love it! I love how the show stereotypes each country. Especially Italy, who is probably my favorite character so far. Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Started watching Steins;Gate. 4 episodes in and pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Sakura Trick - 6/10

It's vanilla yuri, kinda predictable and pointless, but still fun and cute.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:37 am

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Sakura Trick - 6/10  

It's vanilla yuri, kinda predictable and pointless, but still fun and cute.

id give it a 8/10 for the audience its going for.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Death Note 9/10 I loved this anime. Got hooked instantly, because the premise looked so cool. L and Near are awesome characters, and Light Yagami is a fucking genius/badass. This show had an almost perfecting ending to the series. It reminded of Breaking Bad's ending. The dialogue is well-written and done beautifully at times. The music is great and the english dub is superior to the original Japanese version. This is a must watch for any anime fans out there.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:43 am

Clannad 9.25/10 This anime is so emotionally driven and it even made me cry a few times. I don't think I've seen another anime series that had me so emotionally attached to the characters the way Clannad did. The ending, while not shocking or amazing by any counts, was super satisfying for me. Original Clannad is good, Clannad: After Story is perfection and full of feels. Sad One of the best anime series I've ever seen, and I surely ever forget this experience anytime soon. The music was good, and the 2nd opening is pretty awesome.

BTW, the dub itself isn't terrible. and is watchable. Even though it's better in Japanese, I prefer it in english because it was easier to get myself immersed into. Also, ignore the movie as it is stupid and pointless.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:04 am

Full Metal Panic! 7.5/10 Solid first season, but boring at times. Plus, the art-style kinda sucks.

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu 9/10 Funniest anime season/series I've ever watched.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 8.5/10 Epic story-line with cool twists. Felt like I was watching a hollywood international-Spy movie at times. I just wished the final episode wasn't as rushed as it was, because that was a good episode and it might have been even better. Ending was alright. Pissed that there won't be a 4th season, due to plot-holes that weren't explained. Art-style was awesome, and the dub is really good. (IMO, of course)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 8:00 am

Shit there has been so many stuff i've watched since i last was here so i'm only doing a couple.

Log Horizon - 8/10

If you're still dissapointed by the horseshit that was SAO and want a real MMO-esque anime then Log Horizon is a great watch. In this anime you truly feel a sense of community and it focusses much more on lore, action, classes, leveling, ect and does it in a clever way. The only downsigh is that it focusses too much on Slice of Life and stupid jokes at times.

Binbougami ga! - 8/10

Great slapstick comedy with lovable characters, not an anime to be taken serious by any means.

Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai - 9/10

By FAR the most underrated anime i have ever seen. The anime uses the chuunibyou formula as a means of storytelling as it is about a girl who thinks she has magic powers however it could not be any more different than Chuunibyou. The anime deals with romance, friendship and bullying and just nails it perfectly without making it melodramatic.

Myself ; Yourself - 9/10

Another incredibly underrated anime, it was kinda slow at the beginning but it really set off at the end and after finishing it it left me with a black hole in my heart, i wanted to see more of it. It's again one of those incredible drama's that doesn't rely on being melodramatic and in your face to make a point.

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu - 7/10

I feel like Shig would enjoy this one as it revolves around school-based gun battles. Although while i thought it was good it really suffered from bipolar syndrome as it didn't seem to know if it wants to be cute comedy, serious drama or just really crazy symbolic supernatural stuff.

Danganronpa - 6/10

I haven't played the game but this anime was simply dissapointing, the anime can be taken into two segments. The characters finding clues about who the murderer was and then having a phoenix wright like evaluation of who the culprit is. What completely ruins this anime is the fact that the evidence gathering is simple rushed as fuck leaving you completely impossible to figure it out yourself, instead you're just completely confused at he end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Last Anime You've seen.   Rate the Last Anime You've seen. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Last Anime You've seen.
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next