Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns Debate

Go down 
+15
CleverCatchPhrase
ArchAngel
Franko
Stigma
2Sugoi2Die
Azazel
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
Mikenuge
Dam_Noir
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
Orc
Mecha
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Guns Debate R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Title says it all.

Guns Debate 29777510

Guns Debate X-forc11

Guns Debate Scarfa10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 pm

but no one but me even knows or understands the laws.

Guns Debate Chan_210
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm

I have a thing for Scar H's
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

I don't care anymore, regarding the U.S and their laws on guns, let them do what they want, I'm sick of debating about it on other forums. Just get used to shit like what happened today keep on happening.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Guns Debate XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 pm

I don't think anyone has any business owning assault rifles, but the government shouldn't outlaw semi-automatic weapons like handguns and rifles. I think you should require a second license separate to the first in order to bring your gun outside, and you should keep that license on you at all times while carrying it. I think in order to obtain either of these licenses, an intense background check and psychological exam is required.

Seems simple enough to me. You should be allowed to buy a gun but not one that does overkill and it shouldn't be as easy as buying a carton of milk.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:25 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I don't think anyone has any business owning assault rifles, but the government shouldn't outlaw semi-automatic weapons like handguns and rifles. I think you should require a second license separate to the first in order to bring your gun outside, and you should keep that license on you at all times while carrying it. I think in order to obtain either of these licenses, an intense background check and psychological exam is required.

Seems simple enough to me. You should be allowed to buy a gun but not one that does overkill and it shouldn't be as easy as buying a carton of milk.

>I don't think anyone has any business owning assault rifles

no one can own assault rifles. are you talking about the AR15 he used? the AR15 is not an assualt rifle because it lacks the capabilty to fire multiple rounds from one trigger pull.

>but the government shouldn't outlaw semi-automatic weapons like handguns and rifles

the AR is semi-automatic

>I think you should require a second license separate to the first in order to bring your gun outside

that already happens. in most states (except arizona & alaska) you need a conceal carry licence to carry a pistol.

>and you should keep that license on you at all times while carrying it.

already happens

>I think in order to obtain either of these licenses, an intense background check and psychological exam is required.

background checks already happen. as for psychological exams, id agree

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Guns Debate XidKdMN
New York

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:42 pm

shigdig wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

>I don't think anyone has any business owning assault rifles

no one can own assault rifles. are you talking about the AR15 he used? the AR15 is not an assualt rifle because it lacks the capabilty to fire multiple rounds from one trigger pull.

>but the government shouldn't outlaw semi-automatic weapons like handguns and rifles

the AR is semi-automatic

>I think you should require a second license separate to the first in order to bring your gun outside

that already happens. in most states (except arizona & alaska) you need a conceal carry licence to carry a pistol.

>and you should keep that license on you at all times while carrying it.

already happens

>I think in order to obtain either of these licenses, an intense background check and psychological exam is required.

background checks already happen. as for psychological exams, id agree

I'm not talking about what is and isn't the law. I'm just talking about my ideal set of gun control laws. And I was under the impression that assault rifles were automatic. In any case, I don't think automatic weapons should be available to purchase.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:52 pm

but almost everything you just said matches to the current law except the psychological exam.

you should be happy with the current laws. Razz

>And I was under the impression that assault rifles were automatic. In any case, I don't think automatic weapons should be available to purchase.

Guns Debate 1443829230 as i said 100x before, why cant you people actually research this stuff?

you just repeat anything the fucking media says dont you?

>automatic

yes the AR15, & MANY other guns are automatics. people say "AUTOMATIC" & asume they are full auto. this is not the case. THE ACTION is automatic.

once a round is fired & ejected, another round is loaded into the chamber. thats all automatic means.

Guns Debate 1443829230 RESEARCH PEOPLE. dont believe the media with their misleading buzzwords

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Guns Debate XidKdMN
New York

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

I actually don't listen to the media in regards to gun control stuff. I just don't know jack-shit when it comes to guns. Guns Debate 725796345
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 pm

then shut your mouth & stop trying to take muh guhns

Guns Debate 13497510

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Guns Debate XidKdMN
New York

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm

wut

I want your guns so I can build a robot out of guns and it shoots guns out of its guns.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Stoney wrote:
I don't care anymore, regarding the U.S and their laws on guns, let them do what they want, I'm sick of debating about it on other forums. Just get used to shit like what happened today keep on happening.

im assuming you were owned?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Either we keep them the way it is, or ban them completely. Otherwise, people will scream that it is a violation of their right to bear arms under the 2nd amendment of the Constitution of the United States.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Duke wrote:
Either we keep them the way it is, or ban them completely. Otherwise, people will scream that it is a violation of their right to bear arms under the 2nd amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

your posts makes no sense duke. lol

itll never happen. if it does, we civil war now

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Guns Debate XidKdMN
New York

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 pm

I don't get the whole "It's our Second Amendment right!" argument. 'Cuz as we all know, amendments are untouchable and have never been changed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Gun control is not going to change anything. But control on the manufacturing and distribution of guns would.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 9:52 am

American society is awash with firearms and Shig's damage control doesn't disprove this fact.

The nutcase that carried out the shootings at Sandy Hook didn't own the guns so all that screening bollocks you have to undertake to own a gun stands for nothing when it's just as easy to gain possesion of a gun from the same household you reside in.

If that same kid with the same background and problems had lived in the UK or elsewhere in Europe instead of the U.S. then 27 people wouldn't be dead at one of our schools. FACT.

P.S. People like Shig in particular harp on about how bad Islam is, yet his beef stems from the fact that some Muslims strictly follow the laws of a book that has remained unchanged for well over a thousand years and is no longer compatible with modern society. However America is slowly going the same way considering the Second Amendment was written in 1791, a time when a fledgling state couldn't provide it's people with a proper police force to protect them. Yet he fails to realise that this is no longer relevant in 2012.

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Guns Debate XidKdMN
New York

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
American society is awash with firearms and Shig's damage control doesn't disprove this fact.

The nutcase that carried out the shootings at Sandy Hook didn't own the guns so all that screening bollocks you have to undertake to own a gun stands for nothing when it's so easy to gain possesion of a gun.
Sorry but I don't understand how increasing gun control would make a difference then since the shooter illegally obtained those guns.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 am

shigdig wrote:
Stoney wrote:

im assuming you were owned?

No, everything just kept going in circles, like I said, I don't care whether 'Merica has a gun selection a few yards away from where you buy your milk and bread, keep shooting up schools, universities, cinemas, places of worship etc. I love you
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

The nutcase that carried out the shootings at Sandy Hook didn't own the guns so all that screening bollocks you have to undertake to own a gun stands for nothing when it's so easy to gain possesion of a gun.
Sorry but I don't understand how increasing gun control would make a difference then since the shooter illegally obtained those guns.

Because with new gun laws like Britain's for example your average Joe wouldn't be eligible to own a gun (the killer's mother in this case according to Police reports) and as a result that same killer in this situation wouldn't have easy access to guns either.

I also edited my original post to make this more clear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
it seems more people care about what's written on pieces of paper than lives.

shig is one of those people

you arent going to stop that with another piece of paper. Razz

Dam_Noir wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
shigdig wrote:
there needs to be armed personal at school at all times. i know some highschools have their own armed deputy

its funny how every time theres a massacre its always somewhere where they do not allow guns

Because crossfire is exactly what murrica needs.

With Shig's logic Firefighters should be equipped with Flamethrowers...

What kind of civilised society would honestly want their young children surrounded by firearms?

why? is it better to have children killed execution style while the police are miles away? im not talking about giving everyone in school a gun & having firefights with children running around. im talking about a well organized, well prepared, & well practiced plan. i believe every school should have a small armory with 2-4 trained personnel. this, along with a good lock down plan, surveillance cameras, & new rules (like having all except one entrance locked at all times, with an armed guard, with metal detectors)

these people always go for places were they KNOW there will be no resistance. these people are cowards, which is why they usually kill them selves instead of getting into a fire fight.

Dam_Noir wrote:

The nutcase that carried out the shootings at Sandy Hook didn't own the guns so all that screening bollocks you have to undertake to own a gun stands for nothing when it's just as easy to gain possesion of a gun from the same household you reside in.

If that same kid with the same background and problems had lived in the UK or elsewhere in Europe instead of the U.S. then 27 people wouldn't be dead at one of our schools. FACT.

P.S. People like Shig in particular harp on about how bad Islam is, yet his beef stems from the fact that some Muslims strictly follow the laws of a book that has remained unchanged for well over a thousand years and is no longer compatible with modern society. However America is slowly going the same way considering the Second Amendment was written in 1791, a time when a fledgling state couldn't provide it's people with a proper police force to protect them. Yet he fails to realise that this is no longer relevant in 2012.

didnt Breivik kill 69 people? Norwegian gun laws are extremely strict compared to the US. yet he was still able to kill so many people. where there is a will, there is a way.

we cannot control guns at this point in the US. we should instead prepare & research the cause of this growing phenomenon.

>People like Shig in particular harp on about how bad Islam is,

thats called being a master ruseman

>considering the Second Amendment was written in 1791, a time when a fledgling state couldn't provide it's people with a proper police force to protect them. Yet he fails to realise that this is no longer relevant in 2012

if you'd actually read the writing of our founding fathers, youd know what the 2nd amendment really stands for.

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people’s liberty teeth keystone… the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable… more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour.” (Address to 1st session of Congress)
-George Washington

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
-Thomas Jefferson

“Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
-Ben Franklin

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.”
-Richard Henry Lee

the 2nd amendment is clear as day if you actually read about the people who wrote it

look, there are 90 privately-owned firearms for every 100 people in the US. no law, repeal, treaty, contract, or any other piece of paper will EVER change that. firearms are a tradition, sport, & way of life for many Americans. whether we or anyone else likes it, its part of our history.

& while these mass shooting are rising in numbers, regular homicides havent been this low since the 50s

Guns Debate Homicide_chart-small

Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

shigdig wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:

Just curious, how many times have you used your guns to protect yourself or to stop a mass killing ?

Well that insignificant piece of paper with a paragraph or two seems to work well over here, it's done pretty well preventing stuff like this from happening.

:Philosoraptor: Looks like Shig is living in the 18th Century.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
shigdig wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:

Just curious, how many times have you used your guns to protect yourself or to stop a mass killing ?

Well that insignificant piece of paper with a paragraph or two seems to work well over here, it's done pretty well preventing stuff like this from happening.

:Philosoraptor: Looks like Shig is living in the 18th Century.

i used my first gun to hold a burglar at gun point until the police arrived.

>Well that insignificant piece of paper with a paragraph or two seems to work well over here, it's done pretty well preventing stuff like this from happening.

you arent us. & you never had that many guns to begin with. were different, we will never turn our guns in, & if they come to take them, we give them the ammunition first. of course the majority of our police & military are pro gun so we probably wont even need to. Razz

& mass killing usually take place were guns are prohibited

Guns Debate 32304_418374971563976_1842095992_n
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 am

shigdig wrote:
didnt Breivik kill 69 people? Norwegian gun laws are extremely strict compared to the US. yet he was still able to kill so many people. where there is a will, there is a way.

Those incidents are extremely rare, it's because of those laws that Norway has in place that it doesn't happen on a monthly basis unlike in the US. Here in the UK there is currently nothing stopping the people who owns guns to go on a rampage but since we have strict process in order for you to get a firearms and the type of weapon you can legally own it probably wont happen (the last time it did was in the 80s) When it's somebody's legal right to have a firearm who has a undiagnosed mental illness like the majority of these mass killings you still don't see that your system is flawed. Guns Debate 1443829230

Taking everyone's guns away isn't realistic so you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

shigdig wrote:
firearms are a way of life for many Americans

Tell that to the victims families
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 am

The founding fathers also didn't mind owning slaves.

It's called evolution, we adapt ourselves to a more civilized future. Constitutions aren't infallible.

I think it is a little sad how the mindset towards the issue is that bad guys have guns so I need them too, but that is just how the situation has devolved, the country is fucked, far beyond any simple remedy like simply changing gun laws.

Murrica's erotic fascination with guns is why a new shooting is in the news every single month in murrica.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guns Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns Debate   Guns Debate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns Debate
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next