Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum

Go down 
+8
Jarmuh
The Enkindler
2Sugoi2Die
CernaMLD
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
Hydell
RamboOnRedBull
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 am

Gravity Rush (Vita) - 5/10
Fun game but rather easy to plat. Some of the trophies you'll get by simply playing the game like collecting 20,000 gems. You have to gold metal all 20 challenges which isn't all that hard besides the airship race. The most annoying one is finding the same two ghost 16 times.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 am

WhiteHawk wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Far Cry 3 - 5/10

Aside from a few awkward trophies like killing 50 enemies with a Flamethrower which you don't normally do, you will earn pretty much all the trophies for this game by simply playing through it.

The only exception is to complete all Co-Op missions but i'm glad that was a tropy as it gave me an excuse to play that game mode which was actually very good.

So co-op is the only online trophies? There's no ridiculously time consuming ones like some other games usually throw at you?

No pal, even though it has a competitive multiplayer mode (which is really good I should add) there are no trophies for playing it whatsoever.

It's literally complete the Co-Op missions either online or split-screen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Deus Ex Human Revolution

9/10

Very challenging platinum. Very rewarding though because the game is absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Demon's Souls 10/10

This game has a pretty simple trophy set up. They were basically variations of three trophies. The trophies are collect all miracles/spells/rings/unique weapons, get X weapon upgrade path to max level, and beat X boss. Problem is it's very time consuming requiring multiple playthroughs, AND it's possible to miss an item required for a trophy, which makes you SOL until the next playthrough.

You need to manipulate world tendancies to get all the trophies. You need to get pure black and pure white tendancies in all worlds to get all the hidden weapons and stuff. The game has an online server medium, so other people's actions influence the world tendancy in your game, which means world tendancies are pretty much always neutral, which is useless for you. So you have to play the entire game offline if you want the trophies.

And then there are the multiple playthroughs you need to do. To learn spells, miracles, or to make a certain weapon you need boss souls, of course you only get 1 boss soul in one playthrough since you only fight them once. Most souls had one or two uses, but Maiden Astraea's had FOUR uses. Which means you need at a minimum, to beat the game 3 times, and go about 1/3 through of a fourth playthrough. Each new game plus gets harder than the last to the point were even regular enemies can one shot kill you.

But the single most annoying trophy was getting a weapon to the highest level of the sharp upgrade path, as it requires something called a pure bladestone ore. The final level of an upgrade path requires a pure ore. For half the upgrade paths, you can get one guaranteed pure ore. Killing the Armorspider boss for example rewards you with a pure spiderstone ore. The rest you can get from crystal lizards, and the drop rate isn't too bad, except for the Pure Bladestone.

There are only 2 enemies in the entire game that drop a pure bladestone ore, and they are located at the beginning and end of world 4-2. And they have a fucking 0.5% drop rate. And because of where they are located it would take too long to kill both in one farming run. The fastest way was to kill one and then kill yourself to respawn. One run took about 2 minutes. 2 minutes for a 0.5% drop rate, just let that sink in for a moment. I was lucky, really lucky, it only took me about 4 hours to get one to drop, or about 120 farming runs. I read horror stories online about people doing 300+ farming runs and still no drop.

My estimated time for platinum trophy is 100 hours.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 1:13 am

Last platinum was Shadow of Mordor, you will get most trophies by playing the game, you can easily get the rest after the story, it was actually very fun to do. So id give it a 10/10 since they are varied and require experimenting with the game mechanics, and it didn't feel like a hassle at all. Some trophies were hard but still fun.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 1:30 pm

Final Fantasy XVI 4/10

Love this game, will buy the DLC reasonably difficult and fun platinum. The new game plus mode was very well done, it added new enemies to stages and new weapon upgrades so the gameplay still felt somewhat fresh.

Hardest trophy was doing all the chronolith trials, Odin sucks when you can't use Shiva. I was expecting to grind for AP, but I got that one naturally during NG+ with the accessories.

Final Fantasy XV 5/10

I hated this game before I played it, I wasn't ready for a game without waifus... Now that I've had a irl wife, I understand that road-tripping with the boys to "Stand by Me" is a good as it gets. You really don't miss the waifus in this game.

Most difficult thing is the gameplay, it's hard to play when the game plays for you. The turtle is easy with the
Spoiler:
, and all the really difficult stuff was optional (Pitioss). Overall just a great platinum that'll put you in the mood to eat some Cup Noodles with the boys on your Coleman chair, while blasting Roses of May and Stand by Me.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 9:14 am

Spider-Man 2 4/10

A worthy successor to Insomniac's Spider-Man and Spider-Man Miles Morales. Insomniac proves once again that they know how to handle different characters that play very differently. Not sure what the ending means for the future. I grew up reading original Peter Parker Spider-Man comics with my dad. He's my Spidey, and I enjoy playing as him more than Miles (though Miles is great).

Platinum is simple enough and not too time consuming, I got aerial ballet by accident during the fight against Mysterio. Trophies are similar to the first game and Miles Morales (without NG+), just complete everything, go to the graveyard, and do some tricks.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 4:41 pm

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (WeebStation Vita) 3/10

A nice, simple platinum. Collectibles were a bit of a pain but not bad. Getting all the optional objectives was annoying for a few levels, but easy enough with the overpowered whip and smoke bombs. Didn't upgrade a single weapon, didn't need to. All easy except for a few trophies.

Tree ninja is broken and way too picky. Still managed though. Climbing 8848 miles is also too much of a grind without rubber bands. Getting 8 ships in Economy sucked because of stupid pirates robbing me constantly.

Multiplayer servers are still online and somewhat active. Basically a Facebook game with slow menus, so it's addictive for a bit then turns into a grind. Got world domination for Abstergo.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 10:45 pm

Resistance Burning Skies (WeebStation Vita) 4/10

Dragon Quest is taking so long that I'm getting through a lot of Vita games...

Burning Skies had a fun campaign, and it was easy to find people to get the online trophy with. The Online seemed fun enough, sad I missed out when it was active.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 10:52 pm

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon 7/10

One of the best games I've played in a long time. A perfect representation of FromSoftware's strength when it comes to storytelling and balanced difficulty.

The most difficult part was designing mechs. Trophies were easier than I expected, but still a very satisfying challenge. I was expecting to spend much longer trying to S-Rank CEL than I did, since it took me almost an hour to beat him using checkpoints and a cheese tank, but I S-ranked that mission on my first attempt.

The most challenging thing to do was replaying the ending where you side with Aire to get the S-Rank, but I appreciated understanding Walter's dialogue better. Despite knowing his friend's mission will never be completed, he's still happy to see 621 making a friend and making choices like a human.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 1:46 pm

Elden Ring (PS5) 8/10

This was probably easier than 8/10, but as much as I loved the game early on it got pretty old. At some point when you get to the second Ulcerated Tree Spirit glitching the camera, it's tough staying motivated.

Better off playing Bloodborne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum   Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate Your Latest Earned Platinum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2